Careers for Hermoine and Ron

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Eol » Thursday 3 June 2004 12:02:52am

Hermione is a politician without a doubt. She is hardworking, honest, responsible, opinionated, diplomatic and obviously extremely intelligent. She's perfect for the job. She's actually perfect for most jobs.
Eol
Lightning Bearer

Postby carsten » Friday 4 June 2004 2:18:30pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Harry say in OotP that Ron has better grades in most subjects?

In this thread most people consider Ron to be rather dumb. I don't think he is - alt least in the books. He IS shown that way in the films, but that's just Hollywood.

Carsten
carsten
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 4 June 2004 3:19:52pm

i don't exactly think he is dumb, but rather overshadowed by the mighty wit of Hermione. I mean I'm pretty smart, but I'd look like a simpleton if I hung around with some biochem major from Harvard or something. I am sure Ron has his intellegence, but in reference to Hermione, she has the more reliable sources...and on another note, Ron just doesn't seem to have the common sense as Harry might, (ie the Devil's Snare, catching subtle clues etc). He is just overshadowed by his peers, once again
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Gower » Friday 4 June 2004 5:03:24pm

carsten wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Harry say in OotP that Ron has better grades in most subjects?

In this thread most people consider Ron to be rather dumb. I don't think he is - alt least in the books. He IS shown that way in the films, but that's just Hollywood.

Carsten

He doesn't say Ron has better grades in most subjects, I think he says they have similar grades in most subjects, although Harry is obviously streets ahead in DATDA.
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby Ferrus » Friday 4 June 2004 6:56:04pm

I agree with Meg Ron has a normal intellect, but is overshadowed by his friends and his brothers.
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Alice I » Friday 4 June 2004 7:22:07pm

I have to agree with Ferrus.
Neville's Gan may love him very much but her overbearing personality is too much for him to go up against.
Every book he becomes stronger and more confident.
I think that out side of normal character development that might be because when he is at Hogwarts he is away from her and thinking and acting for himself.
In OOTP look at the difference in his demeanor when he is at Hogwarts and working with the DA and when the trio run into him at St. Mungos.
That is the first time I got a really bad taste for Neville's Gran.
I thought that the way she spoke to Neville in front of his friends and the way she dismissed his mother's (albiet insane) attempts to communicate with her son to be extreamly off putting.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Alice I » Friday 4 June 2004 7:23:18pm

Sorry folks I put the above reply on the wrong thread :oops:
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Jotomicron » Friday 18 June 2004 2:56:07am

Ok: What I think... Please, don't kill me...

Harry will go to Quidditch... (Ok, I asked specifically not to be killed)... Well, that's a possibility. He doesn't seem to have passed his Potion OWLS sufficiently well to have another year of potions (in spite of the handy help Dumbledor might give, caue he thinks Hary has THE potential)

Hermione will try to free elves once more, but then she'll realise she's doing no good and will try another thing. She could be DADA teacher: people usually don't want that place, and she, although not a woman of action, is very capable of giving DADA lessons.

Ron will definitely have a major job in the Mom, very very close to the Ministry (or maybe himself). This is based on his family (dad and percy) and in some comments he does during the books... He will firstly be Head Boy and then will be invited to join the MoM and, as his father will be the next Ministry, he will follow his father's steps.

That's what I think, anyway
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Meg Boyd » Tuesday 29 June 2004 12:55:12am

you have a point, Joto...about the Quidditch especially..well in the since that he might not become an auror, in the fact that it will be another conflicting level of strata to the story if Harry can not become an auror...however, i think he probably might become one anyway, although him not being one might be more interesting
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby SinisterSimpson » Thursday 22 July 2004 11:40:46pm

I don't know about Hermione, but I've always imagined Ron as having a desk job at the Ministry, probably not Quidditch. I also think it is more likely for Harry to play Quidditch than to be an Auror. My main reason for thinking this is the fact that being an Auror is just too right for him. JKR never lets her characters take the easiest or most obvious path. That being said, chances are that Harry will take a carreer path he had never thought of before. (That is, as JKR says constantly, if he even ends up living to be old enough to get a job.)
SinisterSimpson
Squib

Previous

Return to Theories