Voldemort downfall

Have you heard something on the grapevine about Harry and friends? Share it here...go on, let us know too!

Moderators: Q.Araignee, Broccoli, Tanuki

Postby Ferrus » Tuesday 16 March 2004 9:25:42pm

I´m still conviced that the locked room in the DoM is going to be very important to defeat Voldemort

At the moment DD seems to be able to beat Voldie and that's not what the prophecy says

DD cant kill Voldemort, but he could defeat him and make him flee. That is a key distinction that I think is going to be very important in Book 6, because DD can theoretically defeat Voldemort without killing him, and therefore protect Harry untill he is prepared
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Aberforth » Wednesday 17 March 2004 1:25:30pm

I don't think Harry will defeat/kill Voldemort in the typical wizards duel way. There will be something else, so other ancient magic or something like that, that will come to Harry's rescue. Maybe Harry will finally realise what the purpose of this thing is and use it against Voldy to kill him.
Aberforth
Hogs Head Bartender

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Friday 19 March 2004 11:13:13pm

I think Voldemort's downfall will only come when all his followers are gone. Remember when DD said something like "I will only be gone when all who are loyal to me are gone" in CoS. Maybe its the same way for Voldemort
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Groo » Sunday 11 April 2004 8:10:13am

i dont think DD is more powerful than Voldemort. they are exactly equal. the difference is that Voldemort is afraid of DD.

Harry cant beat him with magic. but he can do so with muggle means. like using a rifle. but that would take away the fun from the books.
Groo
A true Ravenclaw, Master of Legilimency and the biggest fear of all Boggarts

Postby Alice I » Sunday 11 April 2004 10:45:32am

Aberforth wrote:I don't think Harry will defeat/kill Voldemort in the typical wizards duel way. There will be something else, so other ancient magic or something like that, that will come to Harry's rescue. Maybe Harry will finally realise what the purpose of this thing is and use it against Voldy to kill him.

This is the one I am leaning toward.

I think that something left for for the Gryffindor decendant will be the ultimate downfall of Voldie, the heir of Slytherin.

And yes I'm one of those who thinks that Harry is the heir of Gryffindor because I think it works and is the most logical good guy bad guy theme;
but also DD's comment at the end of CoS when he said:
"It would take a true Gryffindor to pull that out of the hat." (Refering to Godrick's sword.)
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Previous

Return to Rumours