Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6 (poll)

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6

Why Peter Pettigrew Betrayed the Potters.
6%
The Connection Between Godric Gryffindor and Godric Hollow.
8%
What the Potters did for Dumbledore during the Dark Lord's first reign.
44%
Everything about the Department of Mysteries.
31%
A hint for a way to kill the Dark Lord.
11%

Total votes : 144

Postby Seraphine » Tuesday 3 February 2004 11:10:34am

But if he had the girlfriend than he would have surely told her what he's turning to by the full moon and she would know why he's not home at night... She wouldn't have to be jealous, especially that her boyfriend's name's LUPIN, the-best-and-fairest-and-most-faithful-friend-and-whatever. Understand? Why shouldn't he be happy?
Seraphine
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Nobby » Wednesday 18 February 2004 7:37:22pm

What the Potters did is the single most inportant thing that bugs me when reading the books!
Nobby
Hufflepuff Prefect and The Half Blood Prince

Postby paintballdecoy » Saturday 28 February 2004 4:05:02am

I want to learn more about the arce and viel, maybe a connection with Sirius through them,
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

Postby fierce » Sunday 29 February 2004 7:17:31am

I voted about the clue to killing Voldemort.

I really hope that it doesn't end up being that Harry has to die to kill voldemort (because of his connection to him), because that would be so unoriginal. Think Dragonheart... That would really make me mad, because everything in the story is so new and fresh and amazing that if the way to kill voldemort was for harry to die... well the whole thing for me would almost have been a waste of freakin' time.

So..... yeah. i'm only saying that because it seems as though there are a lot of connections between Harry and Voldemort. I'm not sure if they're just there because of the curse that was meant to kill Harry, or if there's a deeper underlying connection of a more sinister type...
fierce
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Writer » Wednesday 3 March 2004 3:22:37pm

I chose Why Peter Pettigrew Betrayed the Potters, surely there's more to why that coward did what he did? I'd like to hear more about that.
I also want to learn about James and Lily, and why they were famous (if there's anything more to them being famous than being Harry's parents. I think there is).
And I want to know why Dumbledore won't let Snape be the DADA professor.
And I want to learn more about Tom Riddle and his rise to power, becoming a dark lord and all that.
I'm so curious! I want to know it all!
Writer
Supreme Giver of Names and Female of the Species

Postby Galateia » Sunday 14 March 2004 6:23:35pm

I would want to know everything about Department of Mysteries, because I want to know why Sirius can't come back! I hate the Veil and bellatrix and Dumbledore who didn't tell what happened to my favorite character Snuffles. (Now I'm going crazy...)

And I want to know why Lily's eyes are so important. Is it because of the color or something else?
Galateia
Second Year

Postby TDM » Monday 15 March 2004 12:20:40am

definately the dprt. of mysteries. i wanna know what really happened to sirius. sure, he might be dead, but that doesn't mean we've seen the last of him...
TDM
Owner of Salamence's Wand Shop and Ravenclaw Seeker

Postby FairyTale » Monday 15 March 2004 4:55:27pm

Definitaly about the Department of Mysteries.
FairyTale
Fourth Year

Postby spirit » Monday 15 March 2004 11:20:35pm

I want to learn more about the department of mysteries...
spirit
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Celeone » Tuesday 16 March 2004 6:38:45pm

What the Potters did for Dumbeldore, absolutely. We haven't a lot of information about the Potters. I read in a chatsession with Rowling that there are still Potters who lives... Mayebe she write about them in the 6th book? :)
Celeone
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby beater_kittie07 » Friday 2 April 2004 4:43:30am

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I would like to know more about the 10 year old boy at the beginning, Mark Evans. If you read the books through about a million times, as I have done, you will notice that Lily's last name was never before mentioned in the books. Then all of a sudden a 10 year old with the last name Evans pops up and later on we find out Lily has the same last name. Maybe it is just me, but I think that there is a reason why Rowling mentioned the kid. I'm not saying that him and Harry may be related or anything, but she never just mentions someone once for the heck of it, let alone gives the person the last name Evans out of all the last names that she could have chosen from.
beater_kittie07
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Morningstar » Thursday 8 April 2004 11:26:36pm

I think you're on to something, beater_kitty. JK wouldn't just put some character in there with the same last name of another character unless there was a significant connection.

Same here. I want to know everything about Snape. It's kinda ironic how we know more about his past than any of the other professors, but there's still so much we don't konw about him.
Morningstar
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Drifting from Hogwarts to Middle Earth... oh, and reality too

Postby Morningstar » Thursday 8 April 2004 11:27:12pm

I think you're on to something, beater_kitty. JK wouldn't just put some character in there with the same last name of another character unless there was a connection.

Same here. I want to know everything about Snape. It's kinda ironic how we know more about his past than any of the other professors, but there's still so much we don't konw about him.
Morningstar
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Drifting from Hogwarts to Middle Earth... oh, and reality too

Postby Alice I » Monday 26 April 2004 5:02:35am

I mentioned this in another Thread but I guess it should go here.

I would like to see Sirius's name cleared publicly.
I know that it will probably never happen but now that everyone knows that Harry and DD were telling the truth about Voldy coming back, and that Wormtail aka Peter Petigrew helped him to do so; Sirius should be cleared for murdering him when obviously he didn't.

I would like to see this, not for Sirius because well he's dead and can't benifit, but for Harry.
After all the Ministry and the Profit owe him a HUGE appology for the smear campaign they waged on him for a year. :evil:

Fudge should be hung up by his buster browns
And Luna's dad should take over as Editor for the Profit :lol: (Ok that is a bit much)
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Groo » Monday 26 April 2004 5:37:18am

That would be so sad :cry: Sirius's name cleared after he died.

i am not sure its the Ministry's and Prophet's fault for launching a smear campaign.He was cunningly framed by Wormtail and even DD had believed him to be guilty before that night in PoA, and they had to post those articles to capture an escaped convict. As DD explained to Harry, there was no proof that Wormtail did the crime as he was legally dead.

But yes,now that his name would be cleared, and there is proof of that not just DDs words, as he died fighting against the DEs, the MoM should give him a huge apology and commemorate his braveness by giving him the Order of Merlin First Class. :evil:

Alice I wrote:Fudge should be hung up by his buster browns

you forgot to whiplash him first :)
And Luna's dad should take over as Editor for the Profit :lol: (Ok that is a bit much)

lol :lol: :lol:

btw, what is Godric's Hollow? :???:
Groo
A true Ravenclaw, Master of Legilimency and the biggest fear of all Boggarts

PreviousNext

Return to The Books