three death eaters at hogwarts

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Athena Appleton » Monday 9 February 2004 9:57:28pm

i got on a harry potter chat on aol and most of them said they thought flitwick was head of ravenclaw, even though it never expressly says so in the books.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Nobby » Monday 16 February 2004 8:18:25pm

i think book 6 will shed a bit more light on the Ravenclaw house. i read somewhere that the Grey Lady (Ravenclaw House ghost) would be explained in a bit more detail too!
Nobby
Hufflepuff Prefect and The Half Blood Prince

Postby hagrid_fang » Monday 16 February 2004 11:32:09pm

i've read that somewhere too, about the grey lady, but i also read that it would be revealed in book 5!
hagrid_fang
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Nobby » Tuesday 17 February 2004 6:13:09pm

lets just hope its revealed soon. its startin to bug me now
Nobby

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 6:11:36pm

I'm bringing this back to the forfront because we've gotton into a major discussion in another topic about Snape, his loyalties, and any ideas about who else is at Hogwarts...

Sorry we've gone off topic on this thread, but here it is, easily accessible...
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Amon Rê » Tuesday 9 March 2004 6:16:33pm

Athena said:
I think it's also somewhat obvious that even though Snape wasn't at the graveyard party, Voldemort understood that he simply couldn't be there.

Definitely...that's what makes it sooo interconnected :-D I'm not sure where Snape's loyalties lie, but I think that's from the influence of Harry, Ron and Hermione's feelings...There's no telling who the other DE could be if there is one. I guess we could start by rulling people out if we wanted to try again?!?
Amon Rê
Dreamer of Dreams, Registered Animagus (Snow Owl) and Ambassador from the Isle of Dreams

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 6:22:28pm

Can squibs be Death Eaters? Wouldn't it be a thorn in the Order's side to have Filch be a Death Eater? :lol: Not that I think it couldn't happen, but you know.....

Honestly, if we don't hear a LOT more about Sinistra, I will be very very suprised... Rowling doesn't just pick names out of thin air, and she doesn't name good guys "Sinistra" (very similar to Sinister)...

About the head of Ravenclaw, this is just a side post, but I read in a magazine article this weekend that Flitwick is, in fact, head of Ravenclaw house. It was in Movie Magic.
Athena Appleton

Postby Amon Rê » Tuesday 9 March 2004 6:29:23pm

Totally agree about Sinistra...especially the name portion...the question is, does SNAPE know that there is someone else at Hogwarts?!?
Amon Rê
Dreamer of Dreams, Registered Animagus (Snow Owl) and Ambassador from the Isle of Dreams

Postby Nobby » Tuesday 9 March 2004 7:58:13pm

Sinistra ideally is very plausible!

I think that Snape would know if their was someone else at hogwarts! mayb a 'safety in numbers' kinda thing.
Nobby

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 9 March 2004 8:38:13pm

Nobby wrote:Sinistra ideally is very plausible!

I think that Snape would know if their was someone else at hogwarts! mayb a 'safety in numbers' kinda thing.

Do you not think that being how Snape knows who is on both sides he would be able to tell the Order (i.e. Dumbledore) that someone who was at the school was a DE?
I thought the Order knew who all of the DE's were because of Snape??
:???:
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby paintballdecoy » Tuesday 9 March 2004 9:00:45pm

doesn't Voldemort also say something like "one too cowardis to return" couldn't that be Karkaroff, and the one who had left forever is Snape while the faithful servent who is stationed at Hogwarts.

good theory we shall find out soon.
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 9 March 2004 9:14:13pm

Paintballdecoy wrote:doesn't Voldemort also say something like "one too cowardis to return" couldn't that be Karkaroff, and the one who had left forever is Snape while the faithful servent who is stationed at Hogwarts.

good theory we shall find out soon.

If the faithful servant is stationed at Hogwarts and isn't snape then surley snape would know who it was and be able to get rid of them from Hogwarts, in a sort of normal sacking way.
Unless, there is another DE at Hogwarts and he is controlling Snape and that's why he was teaching Harry Occlumency so he could try and see into his mind........?

I think I've just gone onto another planet of thought there...........
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 9:23:19pm

I keep going back to what Karkaroff said at his trial... that even the Death Eaters don't know who all the other Death Eaters are... this makes perfect sense, and it's the way evil organizations have done things almost always. It is also, by the way, the way good guys do things. If any one person knows too much, and is captured, they can be made to give up their co-conspiritors. If they don't know, they'll be tortured, but it's only one life, instead of everyone's.

That's why I think it's extremely possible that Snape is the faithful Death Eater (I just don't see Voldy letting him stick around and spy for a year or more before killing him, and I do think he's a good guy), Karkaroff is the coward, and there is still one more in Hogwarts whom Voldy thinks is the traitor. Snape wouldn't know about the other Death Eater at Hogwarts because he, like everyone else, is on a need-to-know basis.
Athena Appleton

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 9 March 2004 9:32:02pm

That makes lots of sense actually (You are good!! :lol: )

Do you think then that we should be looking at someone Snape might get close to? Because if I was as DE at Hogwarts and could possibly know that Snape was meant to be a DE then I might try to get close to him to see what information I could gather.
LV might know that Snape is working for DD but, has got someone else spying on Snape to see what DD is up to??
:???:
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 9:39:15pm

That's kinda why I was asking about the possibility of squibs being Death Eaters (somewhere)...

I don't want to rule anyone out... Filch seems to be awfully friendly with Snape, and otherwise he keeps to himself... now we naturally assume that Filch and Snape are friends through the common bond of making everyone else's lives as miserable as possible, but what if Filch could be the other death eater?

Honestly, I still think Sinistra is the one to keep our eyes on...
Athena Appleton

PreviousNext

Return to Theories