Where is Sirius's Motorbike?

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Amon Rê » Tuesday 9 March 2004 4:30:05am

If it were in Sirius' vault, that would mean that Hagrid returned it to him (without tearing him limb from limb) and Sirius actually getting to Gringotts. If this happened after his escape - even less unlikely that he would venture into Gringotts.

Well you know she hasn't really explained the bank...but going on how regular banks are, anyone can deposit something into one...this could be the same in the Wizarding world, I mean going on a rather large assumtion here :-D

I still like my paper weight theory :double jump:
Amon Rê
Dreamer of Dreams, Registered Animagus (Snow Owl) and Ambassador from the Isle of Dreams

Postby pandora315 » Tuesday 9 March 2004 4:35:48am

I just wanted to make a point. Unless the motorbike was confiscated by the ministy Arthur wouldn't have had access to it. We know from Ootp the the Weasleys weren't members of the Phoenix the last time. If the Ministry had taken it and given it to Arthur it would be common knowledge and Kingsly wouldn't have had to ask Arthur about sightings. If the ministry had taken it and Arthur had smuggled it home, Kingley would have checked on the motorbike and found it missing, which would have caused some questions. He still wouldn't have asked Arthur about it. I've looked at it from every angle I can think of and the only 2 people that could have ended up with the bike are Hagrid or Wormtail. Hagrid if he never returned it, and Wormtail if he took it to escape on after he found Sirius and faked his own death. However, neither of them could have kept it for long after that. Hagrid lives in a small hut and wormtail hid out as a rat for 12 years. It would be interesting to know how long wormtail was at the weaslys and how they aquired him. We know he was Percy's, but for how long? (Or does anyone suspect Percy of being a Voldy spy?)
pandora315
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 5:26:13am

pandora315 wrote:If the Ministry had taken it and given it to Arthur it would be common knowledge and Kingsly wouldn't have had to ask Arthur about sightings.

Yeah, Kingsley didn't have to ask, he only asked Arthur about the moterbike because he's supposed to be in charge of the search for Sirius, he knows where Sirius is, as a member of the Order he can't let on to the ministry that he knows where Sirius is, and if he gets the Ministry going on a fake lead looking for the moterbike Kingsley knows Sirius doesn't have, that would keep them running in circles for a while.

I've looked at it from every angle I can think of and the only 2 people that could have ended up with the bike are Hagrid or Wormtail.

I really don't think it's Wormtail, and if Hagrid has something, there's an EXCELLENT chance he's passed it on to one of several people, most likely Dumbledore. My thoughts are that Hagrid passed it on to Dumbledore, and Dumbledore, knowing Arthur's affection for all things Muggle, let him keep it. :grin: I don't know, but it could happen.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Amon Rê » Tuesday 9 March 2004 5:33:44am

Well, there is just the view, that since Sirius went to Azkaban, Hagrid could have just sold it...I mean I know JK says something different, but who's to say he didn't...

Still sticking with the paperweight :double jump:
Amon Rê
Dreamer of Dreams, Registered Animagus (Snow Owl) and Ambassador from the Isle of Dreams

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 5:47:22am

yeah, I guess a mini moterbike could be considered "spindley" (you know, Dumbledore has all kinds of weird spindley things in his office... nevermind :oops:)

wonder if, since Sirius "was responsible for James and Lily's deaths" (think in character, now), they would have sold his moterbike and put the money in Harry's bank vault, sort of like a relief fund for the orphan whose parents Sirius "murdered"? :grin: stretchin it, I know.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Amon Rê » Tuesday 9 March 2004 5:54:34am

wonder if, since Sirius "was responsible for James and Lily's deaths" (think in character, now), they would have sold his moterbike and put the money in Harry's bank vault, sort of like a relief fund for the orphan whose parents Sirius "murdered"? stretchin it, I know.

I'll go in with that one...I mean she doesn't say where all the money comes from in his vault...I'm sensing a new theory here...anyone willing to start a new topic?!?
Amon Rê

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 5:59:57am

:lol: go ahead... I just want to go on record that that was a joke, and not a real theory...

I still think Arthur's got it, or knows something about it (I mean, are there really THAT many flying vehicles around?)
Athena Appleton

Postby pandora315 » Tuesday 9 March 2004 7:06:34am

Some of the best theories come from jokes. I never thought about a "victim compensation" but it could be plausible. Still doesn't answer the question of where the bike is now though :D
pandora315
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 4:46:57pm

Arthur got a good deal on it (he would have needed a good deal on it, since they're poor) and when he realized his "good deal" meant that less could go to the orphan, and how cool the orphan was, he told his family to be especially nice to him and help him as much as possible. :grin: There ya go, a totally outrageous theory that is TOTALLY a joke! :lol:
Athena Appleton

Postby Amon Rê » Tuesday 9 March 2004 6:20:58pm

OH YEAH...that's the best theory on the entire board J/K...eh, it's a long shot, I mean I think I'm gonna stick with it being in Sirius vault. I mean I know JK leads nothing to make us think that, but I would assume
1. That Sirius has a vault
2. Anyone can deposit something into thus said vault
3. Hagrid deposited the bike into the vault...when he couldn't find Sirius

Now this is all assuming before the Peter Pettigrew and Sirius Black incident...Hagrid might have destroyed the bike in RAGE after he found out about Sirius' supposed betrayal...
Amon Rê

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 6:27:56pm

I just don't buy it...

From what I gathered by Hagrid's statements at the Three Broomsticks in PoA is that he got the bike from Sirius, and the next thing he heard regarding Sirius is that he had betrayed James and Lily, killed Peter, killed 12 Muggles, and blew up a street. I mean, I see where you're coming from, like after he was done with it, he put it in Sirius's vault, but I don't feel like he would have done that before he found out what Sirius had done (it happened, if I'm not mistaken, right after Hagrid left with Harry on the bike, outside James and Lily's demolished home)...
Athena Appleton

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 6:28:14pm

I just don't buy it...

From what I gathered by Hagrid's statements at the Three Broomsticks in PoA is that he got the bike from Sirius, and the next thing he heard regarding Sirius is that he had betrayed James and Lily, killed Peter, killed 12 Muggles, and blew up a street. I mean, I see where you're coming from, like after he was done with it, he put it in Sirius's vault, but I don't feel like he would have done that before he found out what Sirius had done (it happened, if I'm not mistaken, right after Hagrid left with Harry on the bike, outside James and Lily's demolished home)...
Athena Appleton

Postby Amon Rê » Tuesday 9 March 2004 6:36:01pm

I've not got the page number, but the Wormtail and Sirius battle took place in a muggle area, in broad daylight...the Potter's were killed at night in Godric's Hollow(I think not positive)...that would definitely mean that there were at least a few hours between the dropping off of Harry and the battle in the street...
Amon Rê

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 9 March 2004 8:18:01pm

Amon Rê wrote:I've not got the page number, but the Wormtail and Sirius battle took place in a muggle area, in broad daylight...the Potter's were killed at night in Godric's Hollow(I think not positive)...that would definitely mean that there were at least a few hours between the dropping off of Harry and the battle in the street...

The very clever people who sit and work out timelines have decided that there is between 20 to 24 hours from the time the Potters are killed to when he arrives on the Dursleys doorstep. When Hagrid is talking in PoA he says
"...The Ministry of magic caught up with him the next day!"
"Alas, if only we had ,' said Fudge bitterly. "It was not we who found him. It was little Peter Pettigrew - ..."

So his confrontation must of been the next day, after Hagrid had already dropped Harry off.
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 9:04:38pm

oy i'm lost... :lol:

no timeline has been proven exactly in tune with the books, but, yes, there has been a timeline set up somewhere (I think it's lexicon, someone posted it I think in the "matching up dates" thread) that has Rowling's stamp of approval, but it still doesn't mesh with the books entirely, since there is "proof" that some of the dates are inexact...

the comment about it being in a "muggle area"... are you suuuuuuure James and Lily didn't live in a Muggle area? Granted, it was most likely named for Gryffindor (Godric's Hollow), but really, how many people know the namesakes of their streets, housing development, or city?
Athena Appleton

PreviousNext

Return to Theories