JK Interview March 04

A forum dedicated to Harry Potter creator, JK Rowling. A place to discuss interiews, news details and more about the fabulously talented author.

Moderator: Phoenix in the Ashes

JK Interview March 04

Postby darkcloak » Thursday 4 March 2004 3:58:14pm

A new interview with JKR reveals a great deal more about events in books 6 and 7!

Full transcript:http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/extras/JKRWorldBookDay2004.html

Most interesting quotes

Potter47: Will Harry tell Neville about the Prophesy?
JK Rowling replies -> Harry will tell his nearest and dearest about the prophecy when he's ready. He needs time to digest the news himself first.

Rorujin: How is Dobby abele to apparate inside Hogwarts if no one else can?
JK Rowling replies -> He's a house-elf, they've got powers wizards haven't got (but wizards have also got powers that house-elves haven't).

Field: Regarding Harrys subconscious feelings, how has it changed from book 1 to book 5?
JK Rowling replies -> Well he's obviously been through a lot since book one and book five was the book when he cracked up a little. In book six, the wizarding world is really at war again and he has to master his own feelings to make himself useful.

Cathedral: Will we be hearing anything from Sirius Black's brother, Regulus, in future books?
JK Rowling replies -> Well, he's dead, so he's pretty quiet these days. (my addition: ie, no.)

Rita: What about Wormtail? Is there hope for redemption?
JK Rowling replies -> There's always hope, of course. You'll find out more about our rat-like friend in book six.

kylie: What does the "J" in Remus J Lupin stand for?
JK Rowling replies -> 'John'. Boring but true!

Rita: What happend to Harry's grandparents? Will we ever learn about them?
JK Rowling replies -> They're all dead and not particularly important to the story, although you will find out a little bit more. (seems to contradict an earlier quote.)

Sirius Riddle: What houses were Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, James Potter and Remus Lupin in? Everyone tells me they were all Gryffindor, but I won't believe it unless I hear it from Ms. Rowling herself!
JK Rowling says: This is JK herself saying that they were indeed in Gryffindor!

Delleve: Are there any plans for any more background books like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages in the future?
JK Rowling replies -> Possibly. If I do them, it will be for charity like the first two.

Sirius Kase: Will we get to know the Grangers? Is Hermione an only child?
JK Rowling replies -> I always planned that Hermione would have a younger sister but she's never made an appearance and somehow it feels like it might be too late now.

mnich: Was Voldemort born evil?
JK Rowling replies -> I don't believe that anybody was born evil. You will find out more about the circumstances of his birth in the next book.

Fenny: Will Lord Voldemort get more 'screentime' in the upcoming books?
JK Rowling replies -> You will see him again, but like most evil dictators, he prefers his henchmen to do his dirty work.

HG: Will we see Moaning Myrtle again?
JK Rowling replies -> Oh yes, I love Myrtle, I couldn't shut her out for long.

MauraEllen: Did the debt Wormtail has to Harry carry over to Voldemort when he sacrificed his arm to restore his body?
JK Rowling replies -> No. Can't say any more than that! (one of the more helpful "Can't tell you yet" quotes)

Wild Rose: Will we see more of Narcissa Malfoy now that Lucius is unavailale?
vJK Rowling replies -> Yes, you will.

kelly_holland: When you turn into an Animagus, can you choose what animal you become? Or does this get "assigned" to you?
JK Rowling replies -> No, you can't choose. You become the animal that suits you best. Imagine the humiliation when you finally transform after years of study and find that you most closely resemble a warthog.

Amy: What did Dudley see when he faced the Dementors in book five?
JK Rowling replies -> Ah, good question. You'll find out! (We will? Hmmm ...)

Chibimono: Do you have any future plans in particular for Draco Malfoy?
JK Rowling replies -> I've got plans for all my characters. Actually, this is a really good place to answer a question about Draco and Hermione, which a certain Ms. Radcliffe is desperate to have answered. Will they end up together in book six/seven? NO! The trouble is, of course, that girls fancy Tom Felton, but Draco is NOT Tom Felton! (My daughter likes TF very much too, because he taught her how to use a diablo

HPFreak7: How are muggle parents convinced to let their kids go to Hogwarts, a strange place they never heard of before; and wouldn't they think it was a practical joke?
JK Rowling replies -> In the case of Muggle parents, special messengers are sent to explain everything to them. But don't forget that they will have noticed that there's something strange about their child for the previous ten years, so it won't come as a complete bolt from the blue.

Cris: One answer we're all longing for: How's the writing of book 6 going and when will it be released?
JK Rowling replies -> I can't say when it will be released [load groan that JKR can hear from here] because that's down to my publishers. But it's going really well. I am loving writing it.

bertieana: Will we be seeing Krum again any time soon?
JK Rowling replies -> You will see Krum again, though not soon.

Phoenix_Tear: Do you ever get a dream which helps you in writing the Harry Potter series?
JK Rowling replies -> No, and I wish I had! I did once have an incredible dream about Nicholas Flamel, though.

Kyla: What made Sirius decide to send Snape to the Willow?
JK Rowling replies -> Because Sirius loathed Snape (and the feeling was entirely mutual). You'll find out more about this in due course. (Good, at least we'll find out eventually)

faye109: Is 12 the maximum possible number of OWLs one can achieve?
JK Rowling replies -> Yes, I think it is off the top of my head.

Siriusstar: Is Remus a pureblood?
JK Rowling replies -> Half blood.

Luisa: Is Draco an only child?
JK Rowling replies -> Yes. You wouldn't want more Dracos, would you?!

Majeed from Bristol Grammar School - Bristol: To what extent did you conceive Harry Potter as a moral tale? ****SCHOOLS COMPETITION WINNER****
JK Rowling replies -> I did not conceive it as a moral tale, the morality sprang naturally out of the story, a subtle but important difference. I think any book that sets out to teach or preach is likely to be hard going at times (though I can think of a couple of exceptions).

dsm: Are Harry's powers going to get even greater?
JK Rowling replies -> Yes, he's really progressing as a wizard now (which is lucky, because I know what's in store for him).

Harry: Has Voldermort any children
JK Rowling replies -> No. Voldemort as a father... now that's not a nice thought. (Star Wars stuff officially gone.)

Megan: Is there a link between Snape and vampires?
JK Rowling replies -> Erm... I don't think so (Good.)

Bobby: Any thoughts about a prequel series?
JK Rowling replies -> No, no prequels here. You won't need them by the time I've finished, you'll have all the back story you'll need!

miggs: Is there going to be a new minister of magic in the next books?
JK Rowling replies -> Yes. Ha! Finally, a concrete bit of information, I hear you cry!
darkcloak
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby paintballdecoy » Thursday 4 March 2004 4:31:11pm

Yes, yes, yes, finally some info!!!! :D A new minister of magic!!! Sorry fudge!! Can't wait for the next book
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

Postby slava » Saturday 6 March 2004 2:44:17pm

wow with so littel info and so much mysterys i cant wait to read the next book.
slava
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Ferrus » Wednesday 14 April 2004 7:19:30pm

well, I have to admit that JKR is a master at saying something and telling nothing... I suppose she gets plenty of practise of course... :-?
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby *Lily* » Sunday 18 July 2004 8:13:54am

I need more!! ::weeps shamefully::
*Lily*
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Deedra Malfoy » Monday 19 July 2004 6:36:18pm

Aurther weasley is the next Minister, I can feel it!

I am not giving up on my Snape-the-Vampire thing! I will hold fast till the end! :lol:
Deedra Malfoy
Trainer of Magical Creatures

Return to J. K. Rowling