He didn't die, Harry saved him!

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby master_o_magic » Sunday 15 February 2004 10:10:37pm

he probably could show up. but it'd announce to the world, muggles and wizards that voldy is back.

He'd basically be saying "hi dumbledore im right here come and get me"

u know what i mean. I thought he was trying 2 keep quiet until he got a big enough army??

~Master_o_Magic~
master_o_magic
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Athena Appleton » Monday 16 February 2004 3:40:46am

uhhhhhhhhh..... lol like i've said before, i'm logically-challenged sometimes...

since we know that the final fight between voldemort and harry won't happen for another two years, i don't thnk that harry is safe for the next two years. he hasn't been safe for a solid ten minutes since he got his letter from hogwarts :-D

no, i don't think voldy's going to go knocking on the dursley's door... but he's got ways of harming harry now. in book 5, dementors attacked harry in the middle of a suburban neighborhood and no one knew about it between him, mrs. figg, and dudley (yeah, i know, voldy didn't send them, just making a point that evil magic can happen on privet drive and no one will know about it)

Also, Voldemort's already announced his return in OotP at the Department of Mysteries. His plan to get his army together and stay in secret and stuff is out the window since he went into the Ministry of Magic, fought Dumbledore, trashed the place, and was seen by several wizards (including, if i'm not mistaken, the minister of magic himself). It's all out in the open now. The general (wizarding) public now knows Voldemort's out there, he's on the move, and the war is on.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby master_o_magic » Monday 16 February 2004 5:57:13am

yeah, but even if everyone knows hes back, didn't he go into hiding after he went from the department of mysteries??

>... but he's got ways of harming harry now -Athena Appleton

yeah he has. Voldemort gets inside harrys mind....all the dreams harry has, and especially when harry is near/around dumbledore

stuff like that may cause harry to loose his sanity..lol....i know if it was me i'd loose mine :)

~Master_o_Magic~
master_o_magic
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Nobby » Monday 16 February 2004 5:42:29pm

me thinks that harry will master occlumency. Dumbledore will teach him cos he knows that snape's hatred runs too deep! Harry will then be able to block out Voldie. They fight till the end!!!
Nobby
Hufflepuff Prefect and The Half Blood Prince

Postby Athena Appleton » Monday 16 February 2004 7:36:30pm

master_o_magic wrote:>... but he's got ways of harming harry now -Athena Appleton

yeah he has. Voldemort gets inside harrys mind....all the dreams harry has, and especially when harry is near/around dumbledore

okay, i was talking about ways other than the getting-in-his-head thing. Dementors are now on voldy's side, so are giants. Goblins are feeling anti-wizard. Plus, voldy can PHYSICALLY harm harry now, something he wasn't able to do until he regained his body back.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Nobby » Monday 16 February 2004 7:42:03pm

Dumbledore could always recruit the centuars or hagrid could ask for assitance from Aragog! Wotchah all think?
Nobby

Postby Athena Appleton » Monday 16 February 2004 7:50:49pm

he could... don't know how much help aragog would be, though. he's old, he's blind, he doesn't have respect for "friends of Hagrid", only Hagrid himself. but hagrid does have a way with the creatures.

:lol: didn't you learn your lesson in book 5 about the centaurs' willingness to help, did you? :-) not happenin...
Athena Appleton

Postby Nobby » Monday 16 February 2004 8:05:27pm

centaurs are very noble creatures. im sure that if voldie's campaign to inflict evil effected them they would be all to happy to help dumbledore though.
Nobby

Postby hagrid_fang » Monday 16 February 2004 11:52:56pm

I agree with Athena, Nobby, I don't the centaurs will be willing to help! it's just not in their nature!
hagrid_fang
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 17 February 2004 2:37:03am

Nobby wrote:centaurs are very noble creatures. im sure that if voldie's campaign to inflict evil effected them they would be all to happy to help dumbledore though.

They're noble, but they're unwilling to interfere (read book 1), and they'll kill their own before they agree to "help" humans (read book 5). Something SERIOUSLY would have to change their way of thinking if they're going to help Dumbledore.
Athena Appleton

Postby hagrid_fang » Tuesday 17 February 2004 3:17:21am

especially after the events in book 5! hmmm speaking of that just how did DD get out of the forest unscathed when he went in for dolores?
hagrid_fang
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 17 February 2004 5:20:37am

despite my last post, i don't think even centaurs would challenge dumbledore... he seems to be the kind of guy who can relate to everyone and know how to "play" everyone, so he probably made it seem like he was doing them a favor by taking Umbridge off their hands or something like that. *shrug* then again, i don't know :grin:

you know the drill... if i accidently posted this twice, sorry :-)
Athena Appleton

Postby Aberforth » Tuesday 17 February 2004 5:42:19pm

Dumbledore came out unscathed because he's the best. The centaurs would be pretty scared of attacking him.

What I want to know is, when Umbridge was in the forest and Harry et al needed to get to the ministry fast - why not use the fireplace in Umbridges office and travel by floo powder. That would get them there immediately instead of flying.

Granted, dark wizards may be just waiting by the fire for them to arrive, but I doubt it since they are death eaters and would wish to conceal their presence.
Aberforth
Hogs Head Bartender

Postby Nobby » Tuesday 17 February 2004 5:59:01pm

Spare of the moment thinkin i guess! Anyway if they did return to the castle surely a teacher e.g. Snape would stop them goin to the Ministry. Afterall Snape was waitin for them to come back thats how he alerted the order when they didnt return
Nobby

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 17 February 2004 7:40:45pm

Aberforth wrote:What I want to know is, when Umbridge was in the forest and Harry et al needed to get to the ministry fast - why not use the fireplace in Umbridges office and travel by floo powder. That would get them there immediately instead of flying.

It took a long time for them to get into the woods where they met up with the centaurs. It would take a long time for them to get back. That's the main reason I assumed. Also, they had just escaped the Inquisitorial Squad, and they had to know Malfoy & Co. were ready for them to come back.
Athena Appleton

PreviousNext

Return to Theories