Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6 (poll)

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6

Why Peter Pettigrew Betrayed the Potters.
6%
The Connection Between Godric Gryffindor and Godric Hollow.
8%
What the Potters did for Dumbledore during the Dark Lord's first reign.
44%
Everything about the Department of Mysteries.
31%
A hint for a way to kill the Dark Lord.
11%

Total votes : 144

Postby Female_alien » Thursday 13 November 2003 10:03:27pm

Ewactly as fathead!! I voted for that one too, but not only the veil, I'm interested in the brain room too!!
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby Phinea Rogue » Saturday 6 December 2003 8:41:09pm

I too would like to know why Snape turned to the light and why Dumbledore trusts him. He always says only: "I trust Severus Snape." and never more. And although something more about Lily.
Phinea Rogue
Slytherin Prefect

Postby Mistress Siana » Wednesday 31 December 2003 2:22:36am

someone mentioned the fact that Snape doesn't get the DADA job and wanted to know why...I found an interview with JKR, wherein she said that DD feared it "might bring out the worst in Snape"...I'd like to know what that is and why DD still trusts him.
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby senorita pickle » Thursday 1 January 2004 9:52:01pm

i chose 'everything about the department of mysteries'. she made it sound so important and interesting in book 5, i just can't wait to find out more about it! and to find out more about the prophecies. i know dd explained a lot of it at the end of book 5, but i'm still a little confused about it... hopefully book 6 will clear it all up :)
senorita pickle
Second Year

Postby Phinea Rogue » Saturday 3 January 2004 4:16:23pm

DD fears it might bring the worst out of Snape? That's interesting. I wonder, if he trusts him so much and he does trust him, why he can't give him the DADA job. What could it bring out of Snape, in Hogwarths and during lessons?
Phinea Rogue
Slytherin Prefect

Postby pinky p » Saturday 3 January 2004 6:46:33pm

if dd doesn't want snape to teach dada, why did he let him substitute in book 3, poa? if "the worst in snape" came out then, what could it be? extreme unfairness, or something like that?
pinky p
Supreme Pie-Eater, Registered Animagus (Platypus) and Princess of All Pink Grapefruit

Location: either swimming, sleeping, eating, or doing schoolwork... my life these days

Postby Mistress Siana » Sunday 4 January 2004 1:10:07am

Maybe being into dark arts is like an addiction...like Hagrid said, "nothing and noone matters to you anymore"...maybe keeping him away from the dark arts is like preventing a former alcoholic from drinking. Then again, the OotP would as well be the wrong place for Snape.
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Auchie » Tuesday 13 January 2004 5:05:11am

Personally, I'd like to really know how Harry's parents defied Voldemort 3 times. And Neville's too!
Auchie
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Female_alien » Tuesday 13 January 2004 6:42:33pm

Good one Auchie!!!!! I would really like to know that too. And actualy, if we count the time Harry's parents died, his parents fought against Voldermort 4 times! hm......
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby jarvan49 » Monday 26 January 2004 11:24:06pm

I personally want to know more about James and Lily. There are a lot of questions about them like:

How did they get together? what did they do for a living? etc.
jarvan49
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Mint » Tuesday 27 January 2004 1:44:27am

lol, thats true. There has been whole threads of people trying to guess what they did for a living. So far its been fighting Voldemort, or just living off of James' rich inheritance.
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

blabla

Postby dalamis » Thursday 29 January 2004 11:53:06pm

:D i think we all want to leanr more about snape...everything..well...his past...the DE,s thing...hum DADA thing....

and i want to know more about hagrid...the thing JKS would have said to Robbie. you remmember...anyway...hum i want to know who is maried..JK said that there were some teachers who are married......some of them...well...
dalamis
Squib

Postby Seraphine » Friday 30 January 2004 9:30:32pm

I voted for the Department of Mysteries. I really don't understand what that "brain situation" was all about... A hint how to kill Voldemort would be useful... and any information about DD's and Aberforth's lives before(and in case of the second one also during and after) Hogwarts. I want to know more about Lupin's private life(why doesn't he have a girlfriend?'Cause I fell in love with him!). And then McGonagall - we don't know as much as we could, do we? And another question - is there a cure for the Longbottoms insanity?
Seraphine
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Jotomicron » Monday 2 February 2004 7:07:18pm

Seraphine wrote:I want to know more about Lupin's private life(why doesn't he have a girlfriend?'Cause I fell in love with him!).

I think that the main reason for Lupin to don't have a girlfriend is because he is afraid of what might happen... Imagine waking up, after a full moon night, and found out you had eaten you're girlfriend the night before!! Yuck! :x
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Ferrus » Monday 2 February 2004 8:06:00pm

Imagine waking up, after a full moon night, and found out you had eaten you're girlfriend the night before!!

I totally agree, although if Lupin met a werewolfess (can you say that?) it wouldnt be a problem!
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to The Books