Next Year's Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Gower » Tuesday 9 September 2003 5:44:09pm

He might even be able to teach fourth and fifth years like he did in the DA. Might be a bit stressful though, being a student and a teacher!
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby Meg Boyd » Wednesday 10 September 2003 1:10:17am

Although I really feel that a new person (like every time previous) will be the newest DADA prof, I think Viktor Krum would be the most likely, just for the fact that I feel we haven't seen the last of the Hermione/Viktor/Ron triangle, and Viktor being right there in the school will add the hilarity.
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Colin » Wednesday 10 September 2003 4:31:24am

I agree, Meg. Vicky is my pick. SOmehow he has to get back to form an ill-fated love triangle:)
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Holly Golightly » Tuesday 16 September 2003 2:00:40am

But is he any good at DADA would be the qn?

Didnt' Malfoy say that they don't learn Defence ADA over there, just the Dark Arts? So maybe he cant' teach the defence because he's nevre studied it? :???:
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby menotyoo » Wednesday 1 October 2003 2:52:03am

Maybe this is far off but:
I don't know if someone said this but maybe an entirely practical, self-defence type lesson? Where the class is like a scheduled, organized DA meeting. The kids need to be prepared for what's outside, and now there will probably be ministry approval. Definately not snape. Too much exposure to the Dark Arts could put him on the wrong side---remember he's already going under cover and surrounding himself with Death Eaters.
menotyoo
Sixth Year

Location: Durvish and Banges, Knockturn Alley, London, England, Europe, Earth

Postby Holly Golightly » Wednesday 1 October 2003 12:58:27pm

I dunno...
I think that either they will get anohter good DADA teacher, like Lupin was, or Harry will continue giving lessons to the DA... they can't really continue together, now can they! :D
Holly Golightly

Postby Hermione Weasley » Thursday 2 October 2003 1:40:06am

Holly Golightly wrote:I dunno...
I think that either they will get anohter good DADA teacher, like Lupin was, or Harry will continue giving lessons to the DA... they can't really continue together, now can they! :D

acctually i have a feeling that ahrry will continue DAmeetings and i also have a feeling he is in for a rough time with his teachers.mainly bc there is an emphasis on the books being much darker from now on.
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Holly Golightly » Thursday 2 October 2003 4:17:27am

Yeah, so another nasty teacher for Harry hey! It seems quite likely. School life has jsut been getting worse and worse for poor Harry.

I do kinda wish that things woudl take a better turnfor the poor guy tho... he's only a 16 after all, and the situationw ith Voldie, kill or be killed...

Poor Harry... :(
Holly Golightly

Postby darkcloak » Thursday 2 October 2003 1:44:21pm

I reckon they should ask Lord Voldemort to become the next DADA teacher.

He has got alot of experience. :grin:
darkcloak
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Jotomicron » Thursday 2 October 2003 3:25:45pm

darkcloak wrote:I reckon they should ask Lord Voldemort to become the next DADA teacher.

He has got alot of experience. :grin:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Certainly... The only problem is that... its a DEFENCE AGAINST the dark arts... not a ATTACH WITH the darks arts... And every non-Slytherin (and maybe some, too) wouldn't be able to survive the simple first lesson. TO bad! I'd like to see it happen :lol: J/K...

Who knows if he will be able to enter Hogwarts and that will be the place where the final battle will accur... Who knows, indeed?

~Just wonder about ev'rything... It's good to your mind~ :)
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Gower » Thursday 2 October 2003 3:27:11pm

I don't think the final battle will be at Hogwarts. It's too well protected and has loads of charms on it.
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby Jotomicron » Thursday 2 October 2003 3:31:09pm

Oh! Of course! It was just a "What if?"... But now that I wrote that... I wonder where will that be...
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Gower » Thursday 2 October 2003 3:42:36pm

The final battle? Maybe in the shrieking shack?
Gower

Postby Athena Appleton » Sunday 25 January 2004 7:33:32am

I don't see how Snape could NOT be the DADA teacher sometimes (why else bring it up in every friggin book?) but I don't think it'll be until book 7 (he has to clear his name completely).
The thing is, after book 5, Dumblydore's got his work cut out for him finding a DADA teacher. After all, up until the fifth book, the kids didnt' know much, did they? However, lots of students have improved DRASTICALLY.
I have some odd ideas about who the new DADA teacher will be.

Kingsley (that was some quick spellwork in DD's office!)
Fleur or Krum (where'd they disappear to?)
Snape (but, like I said, not until a little later)

In fact, I see a lot of career changes here pretty soon. I think Mr. Weasley's movin' on up to the east side and will eventually get the promotion he deserves (Minister of Magic). Ol' Fudge can't stay in good standing with the wizarding community for much longer after that rather obvious boo-boo of covering up for Voldything for a solid year.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Ginny Malfoy » Sunday 25 January 2004 5:26:11pm

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but is it possible Bill Weasley could be the DADA teacher (with all his expertise in curses and such from working in Egypt)? :???: That would give Harry time to get to know Bill, and for Bill to act as a mentor to Harry (much like Lupin did...and still does). Also, Bill has worked closely with the goblins...perhaps Harry would learn more about them from Bill. I know it may seem far-fetched, but it seems that's the one Weasley Harry really hasn't gotten to know and yet he keeps getting mentioned...is it possible? :???: What are your thoughts?
Ginny Malfoy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Reading in the Slytherin Common Room...YES, we DO know how to read! :p

PreviousNext

Return to Theories