Which Hogwarts house would you put them into?

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 2 January 2004 2:11:50am

Fudge: Ravenclaw- (he is very book smart, but not insightful)
Umbridge: Hufflepuff (lots of loyality there)
Lockhart: Ravenclaw or Slytherin...he strikes me as kinda like Frank Abergnale Jr from "Catch me if you can" clever and genius as an imposter
Quirrell: Hufflepuff- loyal to those who will support him, didn't seem very brave..but who knows
Moody: Gryffindor, no fear!
Tonks: Gryffindor
Shacklebolt: Ravenclaw...he strikes me as clever like Tom Hank's character in "Catch Me If You Can"
Mundungus Fletcher: Slytherin , cunning to achieve his ends
Mr Crouch senior: slytherin, willing to work hard to win
Ludo Bagman: Hufflepuff dunno why
Trelawney: Ravenclaw or Slytherin...she needs some genius to pull of her imposterness as an oracle
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Female_alien » Monday 5 January 2004 3:46:21pm

Umbridge: Hufflepuff (lots of loyality there)
since I am Hufflepuff, I totaly don't agree with that. Umbridge enjoys watching other suffer, she's against all creatures that are not pureblood wizards-humans. Sorry, but that's Slytherin!!!! She's evil and would do anything to make her idea and plan work.
Lockhart: Ravenclaw or Slytherin...he strikes me as kinda like Frank Abergnale Jr from "Catch me if you can" clever and genius as an imposter
Nice one! I really agree with that! i watched th movie so I know what are you talking about. Great movie!
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby Meg Boyd » Tuesday 6 January 2004 12:12:35am

Female Alien wrote:since I am Hufflepuff, I totaly don't agree with that. Umbridge enjoys watching other suffer, she's against all creatures that are not pureblood wizards-humans. Sorry, but that's Slytherin!!!! She's evil and would do anything to make her idea and plan work.

Hmmm...see you can be loyal and not so nice...I mean Umbridge was evil not for her own personal gain, but because of her loyality to the rules and to Fudge. Slytherins are just not evil, they just have "I'll Do Anything to Come out on Top" attitude, whether they choose evil is the same question all people from any house have to deal with. And anybody can be racist (I guess you could call it that in this situation) not just slytherin...I believe Umbridge is a loyal follower who doesn't do things for chivary (Gryffindor) or for the learning experience (ravenclaw) or even for her own gain (Slytherin)...what she does do is all for others which displays her keen selfless attitude, no matter how twisted it is.
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Mistress Siana » Tuesday 6 January 2004 1:09:16pm

Hm...I know I wrote Hufflepuff, but the more I think about her, the more she strikes me as one of the rare examples of a Gryffindor that has gone bad.. :o This is merely because she kinda reminds me of Percy; I've always seen her as an example of what could possibly become of Percy in the end.
I think she's way too loyal for a Slytherin. Okay, if you look at Bellatrix, she's certainly even more loyal, but in a different, rather insane way. I think they are differnet patterns of loyality, especially between Slytherins and Gryffindors. Gryffindors are loyal, but tend to question their superiors and sometimes act on their own behalf, just as Umbridge did with the dementors. Even Pettigrew acts that way. Slytherins either don't become fully loyal at all and try to save their own skin whenever their loyality might bring them in danger (Malfoy, Karkaroff, Avery, nearly all DEs), or never question at all (The Lestranges, Crouch jr, Crabbe and Goyle etc). So: Gryffindor!
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Female_alien » Tuesday 6 January 2004 6:59:19pm

I get your point Meg but I don't want to accept it. Like Siana wrote, look at some Death Eaters - that's loyalty too. McGonnagol said that helga Hufflepuffs took all the other students that weren't accepted in Hogwarts by oher three teachers. And Salazar would accept Umbridge!!

Siana, Gryffindor??? O.K... :???:
Female_alien

Postby Meg Boyd » Tuesday 6 January 2004 10:54:21pm

MS, that is an interesting thought...I rather like it...

Considering Umbridge's nasty personality perhaps nobody wanted her???? Perhaps she was homeschooled? He he he, kidding
Meg Boyd

Postby Mistress Siana » Tuesday 6 January 2004 11:27:04pm

Or maybe Durmstrnag? Could be, couldn't it? Hogwarts seems a very special place, even Snape returned, although his time there wasn't the best. Perhaps you can only try honestly to ruin Hogwarts if you didn't attend it yourself?
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Female_alien » Wednesday 7 January 2004 8:33:01pm

Nice thought Siana. You really got me thinking. But Voldermort was a Hogwarts student too and he wanted to "harm" Hogwarts... No... He wanted to harm Harry, Dumbledore, muggles. Can any school be harmed?

Hm....
Female_alien

Postby Devinci » Wednesday 14 January 2004 3:10:18am

Fudge - Slytherin
Umbridge - Slytherin
Lockhart - Slytherin
Quirrill - Slytherin
Moody - Slytherin
Tonks - Slytherin
Shacklebolt - Slytherin
Mundungus Fletcher - Slytherin
Mr Crouch senior - Slytherin
Ludo Bagman - Slytherin
Trelawney- Slytherin

AND THE SLYTHERIN INVASION BEGINS....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:-? :o :-?
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby Marcus Baker » Wednesday 14 January 2004 7:21:12pm

Fudge: Ravenclaw
Umbridge: Hufflepuff
Lockhart: Shouldnt be accepted to the school, haha jk, i would put Ravenclaw, he is smart, hes just...full of himself
Quirrill: Slytheren or Hufflepuff
Moody: Gryffindor
Tonks: Gryffindor
Shacklebolt: Gryffindor
Mundungus Fletcher: Slythern
Mr Crouch senior: Ravenclaw
Ludo Bagman: Gryffindor or Hufflepuff
Trelawney: Dont know
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby jarvan49 » Friday 16 January 2004 12:36:14am

Fudge - hufflepuff
Umbridge - slytherin
Lockhart - hufflepuff
Quirrill - slytherin
Moody - ravenclaw
Tonks - ravenclaw
Shacklebolt - gryffindor
Mundungus Fletcher - gryffindor
Mr Crouch senior - ravenclaw
Ludo Bagman - hufflepuff
Trelawney - hufflepuff
jarvan49
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Female_alien » Saturday 17 January 2004 10:27:06pm

Nice one Devinci! :lol:

Thanks all for answering :grin:
Female_alien

Other schools

Postby Reverie Revenge » Saturday 8 May 2004 7:01:07pm

I almost agree with Mistress Siana'a choice, so I won't do it again. Your Slytherin/Gryffindor analysis is also great! :welcome:

But maybe some of theese people didn't attend Hogwarts at all. Karkaroff certanly went to Durmstrang, Trelayney was maybe hometaught - they tried to encourage her Inner Eye. They can't afford the Gift to skip one generation more :razz:

Lockhart - I think he went to Beauxbattons! Fleur is a superior snob too, full of herself. So - our Gildy Ego :evil grin: Lochart comes from the French academy. Anyone agrees??? He's been traveling a lot, after all, in a way he was a cosmopolitan.

And, Bella, of course, she's a proud Gryffindor :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reverie Revenge
Funny Freaky Fulfiled Fascinating Feminist Freethinker

Postby Ferrus » Sunday 9 May 2004 2:46:01pm

The only one I´m not so sure about is Lockheart... He just doesn´t seem to be good enough at magic to be in Ravenclaw...
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Isabelle » Monday 10 May 2004 4:27:53pm

Fudge Gryfifndor
Umbridge Gryfifndor
Lockhart Gryffindor
Quirrill Slytherin
Moody Ravenclow
Tonks Hufflepuff
Shacklebolt Hufflepuff
Mundungus Fletcher Ravenclaw
Mr Crouch senior Gryffindor