The Lupin's death theory

Have you heard something on the grapevine about Harry and friends? Share it here...go on, let us know too!

Moderators: Q.Araignee, Broccoli, Tanuki

The Lupin's death theory

Postby Selenia » Monday 1 December 2003 4:39:00pm

Well, I just heard something about Lupin's death and I wanted to let you guys know.
We all know that Lupin is a warewolf.
We also know that Peter-Wormtail has got a brand new silver hand.
What we maybe not some of us know or ever heard about, is that silver kills the warewolves! (I, personally, had no idea!)

Collecting all these facts I strongly believe that our beloved warewolf is gonna die from the Peter's hand. (:cry:) So, what's your opinion? :-?
Selenia
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Jotomicron » Wednesday 3 December 2003 12:25:05am

I heard it long ago, after the forth book (so, it was in a very far past). I've already forgotten it!!!

I knew silver kills warewolves, but I think it will kill only if the silver passes through the heart (at least, that is what mythology says, I think). So, I don't know if this is true. What I know is that Peter is weak, and he is in debt to Harry... If Voldemort forces him to to it, I believe Peter might kill Lupin, but... let's face it, they were closed, at school... (I don't believe Peter was serving Voldemort by that time)...
Do you think, no matter how Lupin hates Peter now, that he could kill Lupin... I have my doubts...

But, hey... Everything is possible in these books! And it's a good rumour you have there!
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby choki » Wednesday 3 December 2003 11:23:26am

silver bullet shot through the heart would kill the werewolf...even if it hits other position, the wound wouldn't heal properly (it needs more time)...
there are many sides to it...but I believe the heart would be the weakest point :cry:
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Hermione » Thursday 4 December 2003 5:03:56pm

Well, if you think about it, a bullet through the heart would kill anybody ;)

It's an interesting idea. I can really see a sort of duel between Wormtail and Lupin, but I would hate to see Lupin degraded to the extent that he can be killed by Wormtail. I like to think that Wormtail will get his redemption by refusing to obey Voldemort's orders to murder Lupin, even though I know that's not very likely.

I really hope Rowling doesn't use Wormtail to kill off Lupin. That would be so horrible to read. At least Sirius was killed by someone who was vaguely respected (at least by her allies, anyway) :(
Hermione
Hogwarts Librarian and Resident Muse

Postby Selenia » Friday 5 December 2003 1:09:28pm

I don't know...I can't think how Wormtail would ever kill Lupin! Maybe, Voldie uses Peter to kill him...
Selenia
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Jotomicron » Monday 8 December 2003 5:46:20pm

I was rereading the forth book and came across a strange event that might be related to the fact that Wormtail does not appear in the OotP. You may find it here: Wormtail.
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Selenia » Tuesday 9 December 2003 8:56:03am

I was thinking about that deatheater, too! And I think that joan wouldn't mention anything like that just to write it...That could really be Wormtail. What was Harry's spell?
Selenia
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Wiltshire » Tuesday 23 December 2003 7:29:44am

I think Lupin's going to be given some important task, Voldemort is going to send Wormtail to stop him based on the silver hand, and Wormtail will ultimately refuse the order (he'll go, but not carry it out). I feel the silver hand, Lupin as werewolf, and the idea that Pettigrew being left alive was a good thing have to meet somewhere.
Wiltshire
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby rock_star » Wednesday 24 December 2003 4:00:29am

may be a very stupid question but remember - im new lol
Why do we say Lupin must die?
rock_star
Fourth Year

Postby Wiltshire » Wednesday 24 December 2003 8:21:30am

We don't all say that. Many people think though, that Wormtail being given a silver hand has to be significant. Since silver kills werewolves and Lupin's a werewolf, it seems like quite a possibility.
Wiltshire

Postby Nightfall » Wednesday 24 December 2003 5:25:35pm

LV will order Wormtail to kill Lupin using his silver hand. But Harry will ask him not to kill Lupin. Will Harry's life debt make Wormtail disobey Voldie? Hopefully yes.
Nightfall

Postby Mint » Monday 29 December 2003 6:58:38pm

:o i missed the whole silver hand part!!! He has silver hand?

well, i think silver is just representative of Slytherin and Volemort. Green and Silver. So who knows, may be it was just a "mark" of outstanding service to Voldy :grin:
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby Just Mom » Wednesday 31 December 2003 1:49:33am

Because I love Lupin so much, I remain one of those die-hards that thinks, just maybe, there is an extremely remote possibility that there is still something to the Lupin/James rumor. *lots of HP forum members rush here to tell me that JKR said we would never see Lily and James alive..but Rev Mom is a hold-out to the end.*

I don't think Lupin is going to die in any of the books. I think it's possible that he could wounded by the silver-hand of Peter's, but I don't think it will be a mortal wound and the hand could be another of those things that gets us all stirred up for nothing.

But you know, I truly hadn't noticed Peter's absence in OotP!
Just Mom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Deep South, USA and wishing for snow at least once before March.

Postby choki » Wednesday 31 December 2003 4:47:02pm

I just realised one thing? About the fact silver kills werewolves...does that mean Lupin will have to be in his werewolf form before Peter will have a chance to kill him with that silver arm of his?

I don't think Lupin in his human form would be so vulnerable to silver
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Devinci » Sunday 4 January 2004 9:15:11pm

I'd personally like to believe that Lupin will live on forever *misty eyes*

Anyway, first off, I think you're right, I think the whole silver intolerance thing is only when the people are actually in the werewolf form...but I'm not sure.

But another thing, I can't say I'm excited to see Lupin die by being bluggened by a silver hand. How undignified. But then again, Sirius did die by falling through a curtain...*sigh*
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Next

Return to Rumours