Wormtail

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Wormtail

Postby Jotomicron » Monday 8 December 2003 5:42:07pm

I have re-finished the forth book yesterday night and this strange idea came to my mind:

We all know that Wormatail is not mentioned in the OotP, right? At the graveyard, during is escape, Harry shouts a spell to the Death Eaters. He ears a noise that tells him one of the Death Eater had fallen. Could this Death Eater be Wormtail?
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Violet » Tuesday 9 December 2003 12:40:19pm

I just read that part of the book and it says that he only shouted impedimenta, which would just stop them in their tracks it wouldnt kill them.
but it is possible that he may have been hit accidentally by one of the other death eaters?
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby Mistress Siana » Tuesday 9 December 2003 2:09:28pm

Dunno...I think wormtail is too important to kill him off that soon...remember when said to Harry he would one day be very glad to have saved Wormtail's life...I think that will be of importance
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Selenia » Tuesday 9 December 2003 2:30:49pm

It's impossible that Peter died from Harry's curse, maybe it just hit him and hurt him.
Selenia
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Sacred Guardian » Tuesday 16 December 2003 6:44:21pm

yeah, and we wouldn't see him out in the open at the ministry, it would have cleared sirius's name if he had gotten caught. but now that sirius is gone, i imagine wormtail will come back into the story
Sacred Guardian
Hufflepuff Prefect, Hufflepuff Chaser and Hogwarts' Master of Secrets

Postby Violet » Sunday 21 December 2003 1:43:29pm

Oh yeah you're right. That would explain why we didnt see c pettigrew in OoTP, we may not even see much of him until the final book because he's the kind of idiot who'd get himself killed easily, and seein as he needs to be around to save harry i think that might be in the 7th book
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby Sacred Guardian » Tuesday 23 December 2003 1:38:04am

yeah, he can't die till the 7th book
Sacred Guardian
Hufflepuff Prefect, Hufflepuff Chaser and Hogwarts' Master of Secrets

Postby AngelicS_89 » Thursday 25 December 2003 3:41:33pm

Well,like Mistress Siana said Dumbledore did say that Harry would be one day glad that he saved Peter's life,maybe Peter will save Harry's life :???:
AngelicS_89
Keeper of Smiles and Happiness

Postby Meg Boyd » Saturday 27 December 2003 9:23:09pm

I think Peter will have to do something for Harry as he did save his life. Most logically, this would be for Peter to save Harry's life. This would serve as a logical way of twisting the events so that Voldemort's number one suck up will have to save Voldemort's number one enemy, foiling Voldemort's plot.
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Lupus » Sunday 14 March 2004 10:35:48am

Well Peter will definitely play important role. Now, maybe he won’t save Harry’s life, but he might help some other way. I mean, if he wanted to pay off Harry’s debt, he would have done so in GoF as that was a perfect opportunity, knowing that Voldemort wasn’t strong. He might have tried to save his life by telling Voldemort to consider using some other wizard’s life, or maybe that was just convenient for him. Who knows, but for sure, Wormtail will play some role, probably in the last book.
Lupus
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Jotomicron » Sunday 14 March 2004 12:03:32pm

I think Wormtail wouldn't want to save Harry's life. Somehow, I think he won't do anything because he wants, rather because of the connection!
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Athena Appleton » Sunday 14 March 2004 6:45:18pm

I wonder....

You know, Wormtail does try to save Harry's live in GoF. He tries to suggest to Voldemort that instead of using Harry, any wizard would count as the "enemy". Voldemort quickly shoots that idea down. Because Harry saved Wormtail, does that mean Wormtail has to save Harry's life, or he just would "try" to save Harry's life?

Has Wormtail already served his usefulness, without Dumbledore or Harry knowing?

The fact that Harry saved him making him in debt to Harry, he "stands up" to Voldemort in private, but ultimately his cowardice won over and keeps him from doing anything more helpful for Harry?
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Cruzio » Sunday 14 March 2004 10:46:23pm

You know, Wormtail does try to save Harry's live in GoF. He tries to suggest to Voldemort that instead of using Harry, any wizard would count as the "enemy". Voldemort quickly shoots that idea down. Because Harry saved Wormtail, does that mean Wormtail has to save Harry's life, or he just would "try" to save Harry's life?

It's possible of course... I doubt however that Wormtail was actually trying to save Harry's life that time, think he only mentioned it because any other wizard would be much easier to get hold of. Harry was probably the most guarded wizard there was, so I find it was quite logical for Wormtail (who surely wasn't bright enough to figure it out for himself) to question why it was so important.
That is what I find most likely, but I also admit that your theory may be correct. Keeping a window open there :)
Cruzio
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Gower » Sunday 14 March 2004 11:19:58pm

I don't think Wormtail was trying to help Harry at the start of Gof. If he had been, Voldemort would have detected it using his legimency, and would have killed Wormtail as soon as he could.
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby Aberforth » Monday 15 March 2004 11:31:24am

But in GoF Voldemort wasn't in human form until the end. He needed wormtail to rejuvinate himself so couldn't kill him. Now that he is restored, his power will convince him that wormtail will be too scared to do anything but obey.

However, JKR said Wormtail will be in bk6.
Aberforth
Hogs Head Bartender

Next

Return to Theories