Christmas...

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Liquid Ice » Saturday 20 December 2003 7:22:55pm

Too bad I missed the other questions..

I most want......suprises!
Liquid Ice
Eskimo Princess and Elite Auror

fun Q's

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Saturday 20 December 2003 11:34:15pm

oooh, fun questions! I know I'm late to this, but like Meg, I'm going to answer the previous days q's as well.

1. fave dish/food: paella (yum...we do a sort of non-traditional Christmas dinner)
2. stocking: hand knit by my mom several years before I was born and has my cousin's name on it with a felt piece sewed over it with my name written in felt marker on that. (long story) And has a santa on it and his beard and fur on his hat are done in fuzzy soft angora.

3. today's Q/gift: LOTR trilogy box set -- we just bought a house and it has a library so I'm really into adding great books to it!
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby rock_star » Sunday 21 December 2003 5:39:57am

I'm lookihg forward to getting the Harry Potter PS2 game as well as everything care bears!!!!
rock_star
Fourth Year

Postby pinky p » Sunday 21 December 2003 5:42:59am

i really want a fountain pen... they're so much more fun to write with then just boring plain old ballpoint! :razz:
pinky p
Supreme Pie-Eater, Registered Animagus (Platypus) and Princess of All Pink Grapefruit

Location: either swimming, sleeping, eating, or doing schoolwork... my life these days

Postby Won Wheezy » Sunday 21 December 2003 12:18:51pm

I´d like to have the new Terry Prachett book! :grin: But I´ll probably get it for my birthday. My family agreed not to give big presents for Christmas, so I´ll probably only get some money or clothes?
Won Wheezy
Blower of Kisses, Tickler of Toes and gecko-smoocher

Postby Jotomicron » Sunday 21 December 2003 2:14:33pm

:cry: I missed the other q's!!!

Anyway, ust like some people have done, I'll answer to all:

1. After reading your posts about Xmas, I must say mine is a little different from yours (not much, though). Every year, my cousins and I do a sort of representation... We train during Niovember and December and present it during Xmas Dinner to my family (which is very very big). That's the part of the Dinner I like most.

2. I don't have a stocking; during Dinner, which is usually at my aunt's house, my parents leave and go home to spread the presents and then return.

3. This year, I asked my parents to surprise me, which usually don't happen. But I think that I'm very anxious because January 10th I'll do my tatoo...
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby rock_star » Sunday 21 December 2003 6:08:46pm

alright... Today's question!

What is your favorite gift that you got when you were little? [ten and under]
rock_star
Fourth Year

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Sunday 21 December 2003 6:15:21pm

This wasn't exactly my favorite toy, but because it is the one Christmas that stands out the most, I suspect at that time it must've been a hugely favorite gift:

I'd gotten a Weeble Wooble family and a house for them...I must've been around 4 yrs old. (In case you young folk (hee hee!) don't know what a weeble wobble is, it is like an egg shaped person toy that is bottom heavy so they can't fall over...the slogan was "Weeble's wobble, but they don't fall down!" )
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby Won Wheezy » Sunday 21 December 2003 10:12:13pm

I think the best present was my new guitar! Before I had a cheap children´s one because my mom wasn´t sure if I´d stick to it. But I did, so she bought me a really good and expensive one for Christmas. :D
I´m still playing on it!
Won Wheezy
Blower of Kisses, Tickler of Toes and gecko-smoocher

Postby Meg Boyd » Monday 22 December 2003 1:21:04am

When I was eight Santa gave me the most beautiful doll. She had gold colored braids and a bright blue frock and a red gingham bonnet. I loved her so much, that I brought her everywhere during the holidays, and slept with her...I am not even sure I set her down all of Christmas Day. My doll still sleeps in my bed with me and it has been nine years since that Christmas!!!!! However, that was the gift that caused me to discover the truth about Santa...I found the receipt for the doll in my mother's pocketbook on accident. I'll never forget my mother telling me that Santa faxed it to her incase I wanted to return it. Obviously, I didn't believe her...he he he
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Devinci » Monday 22 December 2003 9:34:35pm

The best christmas gift is peace on earth..... :grin:
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby Jotomicron » Monday 22 December 2003 10:18:45pm

Hmm... I was thinking and found out that I can't choose. First, I don't remember very well all the gifts I had, but even if I could, I wouldn't be able to choose the best gift because my emotions (I found n other word to write here) in every Xmas were similar: great joy and happiness...
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Paul » Thursday 25 December 2003 7:14:12am

Merry Christmas everybody! Similar to Devinci, I wish for peace, a world free from violence, hate and crime, and hope for good health and happiness to all the good people of this world.
:christmas: :angel:

For the other questions, my favourite part of Christmas dinner has to be Christmas pudding. I really apppreciate and enjoy the main meal hugely but the Christmas pudding is a real once-a-year special treat. :) I haven't got a Christmas stocking this year :-)
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Postby Violet » Thursday 25 December 2003 1:33:58pm

:christmas: Merry Christmas Everyone! :christmas:

Hope you all have a brilliant day, and get verything you want!

:angel: Violet :angel:
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Previous

Return to The Great Hall