Getting to know you.

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Chaser#2 » Thursday 1 January 1970 1:00:00am

Hi,

When i visit boards, especially ones i'm pretty sure i'll visit often, i like to try and get to know the members. So here's about me.

My names Daniel and i'm 15. I'm from Australia and i've been into Harry Potter for about a year and a bit. I like Starwars, Startrek, Maclom in the Middle, reading, drawing, listening to music.

So that's a little about me :smile:

<font color="9BB6DA"> I like to leave little hidden messages </font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaser#2 on 2001-11-30 11:17 ]</font>
Chaser#2
Squib

Postby Quidditch_Potter » Thursday 1 January 1970 1:00:00am

I am Jason, i listen to hard rock, punk rock, rap and some jazz. Right this moment i live in London (no specific location given) Shout to me pals in my hometown of Beeeeeverly Hills CA. I like reading, writing on occasions and sugar...sugar is what keeps me going thank you
Quidditch_Potter
Second Year

Postby Fenny » Thursday 1 January 1970 1:00:00am

i'm Fenny... I live in southeast asia, i'm a girl, and... i'm 16. I like the beatles, the cure, and Harry Potter ofcourse. And it's hard to find Harry Potter merchandise in here...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fenny on 2001-12-18 14:36 ]</font>
Fenny
Second Year

Postby Paul » Thursday 1 January 1970 1:00:00am

Welcome Fenny :welcome:

Do you mean it's hard to find Harry Potter merchandise in Southeasy Asia or just here at Broomsticks And Owls? I'll be featuring some new products in the next few days which look quite cool...the site is still quite new, so there's still a lot planned :smile:

While we're all getting to know each other I guess I should introduce little ole me to y'all. I live in that little island on the edge of europe they call England...or Great Britain...never really know whether to class myself as English or British...anyhows, I love science fiction, movies, reading a good book when time allows, website creation, penguins, frogs and all little furry creatures (umm, not that frogs or penguins are furry but..)

Favorite movies include Aliens, Star Wars, 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Favorite food/drink product=anything containing caffeine!
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Postby bewitchin » Thursday 1 January 1970 1:00:00am

Hi, I'm bewitchin, aka Alexandra. I'm from New York City. I'm 14 years old.

I've been a Harry Potter fan for a couple of years.

I like reading, especially fantasy and science fiction, and drawing. I also like music, mostly pop and rock. My favorite movies include Star Wars among others which, for some strange reason, i can't remember right now. My favorite shows are Gilmore Girls and Friends-(oh, I just realized, some of you might not know these shows...wow, I keep forgetting that this is on such an international level...sorry...well, anyway...)

That's me! :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bewitchin on 2001-12-19 03:24 ]</font>
bewitchin
Senior Gryffindor Witch

I mean in Southeastasia... sorry!! i cant use my father's credit card and the merchandise prize is more expensive here(southeastasia)... while the small lego is cost 5 pounds in England, it's cost 10 pounds in here!!! huh...... :sad:
Fenny
Second Year

Price differences between countries are certainly frustrating sometimes. I'm not sure if it'll make you feel better but if you actually lived in England you would actually be in a similar situation if you couldn't buy online - prices in high street shops can very often actually be more expensive than buying on the internet.
Paul

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

really??? but when i went to London ... the prize was not too expensive (I guess) and there were much option . mmm..... can i order the harry potter stuff here???? i mean, i live in far far away from England and United States, will they deliver it to me?? and how about the prize and the shipping prize?? wiil it be more expensive than buying it in here(jakarta)????I'm sorry if i asked too much...
Fenny
Second Year

Fenny...Just as an example I saw the Harry Potter Levitating Challenge game for 39 pounds 99 pence here in one of the large UK shops yesterday (Woolworths). However if you buy through the link here at Broomsticks and Owls http://www.broomsticksandowls.com/games.htm
it will only cost $44.99 which is equivalent to 30 pounds 99 pence (in other words 22.5 percent less than buying in the high street shops). Unfortunately the merchant featured for that particular product only currently ships to the UK, USA, Canada or Virgin Islands, so it would not be able to be shipped to you but it's just an example of what I mean about the potential price differentials between buying in the shops here in England and buying online.

Some of the other products featured here at Broomsticks And Owls can be shipped to you in Jakarta as different products come from different merchants. Currently, on many items you'll need to click any partcular link to go through to the merchants site to find whether they'll ship to your area. At some point i'd like to be able to offer the facility of you being able to see directly on Broomsticks And owls where each product can be delivered but that's a feature in my constantly lengthening "to do" list :smile:

Regarding shipping costs, this also varies - often you'll find that if you order more than one item from a particular merchant the relative cost of shipping per item will reduce.

No need to apologise about asking - it's nice to know you're interested in the items I've featured here so far :smile:

(edited to correct spelling mistakes)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paul on 2001-12-21 03:10 ]</font>
Paul

Phew, what a long reply!! thanx anyway, I feel much better with your reply :grin:
Fenny
Second Year

Postby Quidditch_Potter » Thursday 1 January 1970 1:00:00am

lol
Quidditch_Potter
Second Year

Postby beaxbatandball » Thursday 1 January 1970 1:00:00am

<font color=darkorchild>Sorry to offend anyone, but I find the HP merchandise a little tacky, if you know what I mean.
beaxbatandball
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby chrestomanci » Thursday 1 January 1970 1:00:00am

Hi! I'm chrestomanci, a 16 year old girl from Reno, Nevada.

I love Harry Potter (obviously), Stargate SG-1, Star Trek (TNG and Voyager are my faves), and most things of the fantasy genre. I write fanfics, as well as posting my own stuff on ff.net. I'm also into musical theater (acting, singing, dancing and the lot).

I've been trying and trying to find a good board to post on, and this one is the best I've seen. I can't wait to really get into it!
chrestomanci
Quidditch Referee

well beaxbatandball, what kind of merchandise are you talking about? I'm not looking for the toys again because I can't. My Father didn't allowed me :sad: .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fenny on 2002-03-11 08:35 ]</font>
Fenny
Second Year

Postby Firebolt360 » Thursday 1 January 1970 1:00:00am

My name is Julie, I'm 14 and a half years old, from Canada, and my favourite things are:
Movies: She's All That, Ever After
HP Characters: Harry, Hermione (She's so much like me it's scary!)
T.V. Shows: Friends, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Food: Pizza, Yakitori (a Japanese food...)
Colour: Blue
Animals: Puppies, Kittens, Horses

Yeah, that should be enough info...
Firebolt360
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Next

Return to The Great Hall