Least Favorite NEW Character After Reading Book 5 (spoilers)

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Who is your least fave new HP character?

Cho, Ravenclaw
9%
Umbridge, "The High Inquisitor"
38%
Fudge, the "Minstry of Magic"
8%
Bellatrix, "Murderess of Sirius/Death-Eater"
22%
Zacharias, Ravenclaw
2%
Kreacher, the House Elf
4%
Grawp, Hagrid's Brother
6%
Luna, Ravenclaw
5%
Magorian, the Centaur
1%
Marietta, Cho's Friend
2%
Other New Character (please post name on the thread)
2%

Total votes : 130

Postby Aule » Friday 1 August 2003 5:00:49pm

marietta-never sell out your friends
Aule
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Meg Boyd » Thursday 7 August 2003 1:39:30am

oooh I really agree about the Marietta deal...what she did was really mean...argggh
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby bludy mery » Thursday 7 August 2003 2:49:48am

and she has some freaky name...
bludy mery
Queen of Darkness and Owner of the Loch Ness Monster

Postby Meg Boyd » Thursday 7 August 2003 2:51:40am

what;s wrong with her name???????????????????
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Marcus Baker » Thursday 7 August 2003 9:21:37pm

Id think wed all agree that Umbridge is by far the worst. At times we would like to jump in the book and ring her neck.
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Veela » Sunday 10 August 2003 9:46:33pm

I went with Umbridge. In a way, that kind of institutionalised evil is as bad as Voldemort's. Plus, I know a woman like her. :grin:
Veela
Muggle

Postby Tuima » Monday 18 August 2003 8:00:37pm

Gah, Percy :mad: !! All these pompous people bug me to the ends of the earth -- all the characters who think they know best and don't even care what is true... Percy, Umbridge, and that Skeeter woman! Umbridge came very close to winning my vote, but didn't 'cause she's the cause of much hilarity! Actually, I voted Luna as my least favorite, 'cause (who said it...?) she really doesn't DO anything except stand around looking dreamy and irritating the life out of me! Pointless, annoying, la-la-lander. :x (Can you all tell I'm not too fond of Luna?....)
Tuima
Fourth Year

Postby Female_alien » Friday 7 November 2003 8:26:42pm

I chose Grawp because that part of the book was boring to me. He just doesn't fit in the 5th book. Well, that's only my opinion.

And I think Umbridge was a good character. Not good in her heart, but fitted great in the book and book wouldn't be the same without her.
[/i]
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby Gower » Friday 7 November 2003 8:32:21pm

Female_alien wrote:I chose Grawp because that part of the book was boring to me. He just doesn't fit in the 5th book. Well, that's only my opinion.

And I think Umbridge was a good character. Not good in her heart, but fitted great in the book and book wouldn't be the same without her.
[/i]

Come to think of it, I agree with you. The Grawp bit did seem rather out of place. I suppose JK was just looking for a way for them not to see Ron do well at quidditch :grin: And Umbridge really made book 5.
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby Selenia » Thursday 4 December 2003 8:47:41am

Umbridge! I hate her!! :evil: She's evil, she's the worst woman I've ever met (not actually met, but you know what I mean...)
Cho: I hate her not only because she heart Harry's feelings but mostly because she trustes Marietta after betraying the DA!!! :mad: Percy: Such a git! Idiot, bighead, copletely stupid!! And, oh, I forgot...I hate him!! :evil: :grin:

(Oh, my Goodness, it seems that I hate a lot of people :eek: :grin: )
Selenia
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Female_alien » Thursday 4 December 2003 5:46:47pm

Yeah you do. And I don't hate any of the Hp characters. I dodn't like Percy's acting, but... Things aren't always as they seem. An you can't deny that she made 5th book. It would be boring without her. And Cho-it isn't her fault that Marietta told Umbridge. Would you leave your best friend because he isn't brave?
Female_alien

Postby Violet » Thursday 4 December 2003 11:12:05pm

Well i dont hate Umbridge, but i think she has a really evil streak in her; and u cant help but dislike her because we have such a strong like for harry and she treats him so badly.
I do REALLY dislike Bellatrix though, i thought sirius was a brilliant character and brought so much to the series, and i wish that he hadnt been killed in the book. she is pure evil, nothing else to it. not only did she kill another person, but it was another member of her family.
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby Selenia » Friday 5 December 2003 1:03:34pm

Female_alien wrote:Yeah you do. And I don't hate any of the Hp characters. I dodn't like Percy's acting, but... Things aren't always as they seem. An you can't deny that she made 5th book. It would be boring without her. And Cho-it isn't her fault that Marietta told Umbridge. Would you leave your best friend because he isn't brave?

ok I was just kidding! :grin: I don't really hate them because, like you said, there wouldn't be any story without them. I just dislike them...
Selenia
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Female_alien » Friday 5 December 2003 5:24:06pm

That's normal. The book with only "loved" characters would be so boring. And ofcourse, everyone has his own opinion.
Female_alien

Postby Selenia » Friday 5 December 2003 10:50:56pm

of course! I agree with you, there would be no story without those "bad" people.. so, you could say that I like them..! :o :grin:
Selenia
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Characters