the movies made harry potter pathetic and commercial

Have you seen the movies, either in the cinema theatre, or on video or DVD, or thinking of seeing them? Share your views here.

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Snow_Crystal

Postby molli » Thursday 17 July 2003 8:25:34pm

well for me, watching the movies didn't ruin my picture of the harry potter books... i don't really take movies that are adapted from books that seriously, because i still believe in my own imagination. :grin:

but they are very fun to watch!
molli
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby HuffleDuck » Saturday 26 July 2003 8:04:37am

Yeah they're kinda fun to watch.. my mind is slow but takes in stuff and stuck there until i can find another imagination to replace the old one :-? :lol: I'm talking like a psycho here :razz:
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby LaceyCrane » Sunday 27 July 2003 6:19:23am

I watched the movies before I read the book (like I do with most books made into movies) and I don't really associate the movie characters with the book ones. For starters MovieHarry doesn't even look like the discription from the book at all. He has blue/grey eyes and almost perfectly neet hair. And then his personality is completly different from BookHarry's personality.

I love the movies but while I'm reading the books in my mind they don't have anything to do with them.
LaceyCrane
Second Year

Postby HuffleDuck » Sunday 27 July 2003 7:16:42am

harry is not the problem either. hermione and Ron are too. hermione supposed to have 2 large front teeth and Ron supposed to be the tallest guy in the group. :-?
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby LaceyCrane » Sunday 27 July 2003 11:04:34pm

ANother thing about it is how much older they looked in the second compared to the first and Hermione's hair wasn't that puffy.
LaceyCrane
Second Year

Postby Marcus Baker » Monday 28 July 2003 7:35:20pm

I think what they are trying to do is make them look better, becuase they are actors. YOu cant get ugly actors, you have to get good ones..
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby bludy mery » Tuesday 29 July 2003 10:59:03am

those movies ain't that great... I alsow saw thw first movie before reading the books... but after I read the books I said like: "Thats all you could do"? after reading the 4th I saw the second movie and it is came out so lousy on my opinion anyhow... I don't know... usualy movies scr*w up the books... and its allsow much better when you imagen things for you'r self... I allways inagend the camber o. s like a red - green - yellow colourd room with lots of warm couches and scarves...
bludy mery
Queen of Darkness and Owner of the Loch Ness Monster

Postby Marcus Baker » Tuesday 29 July 2003 3:08:29pm

What i think is that they portrayed everything like i imagened it. The best think was the Chessboard in the 1st movie. I think they did that good. I was expecting better with the chamber as well, but overall it was good.
Marcus Baker

Postby Liquid Ice » Sunday 31 August 2003 6:37:25pm

I think the movies could be loads better, but they're ok really. Its cos they have to cut out so many parts, either that or split it into 2 films, but I dont think that would work.I heard the new director has cut out uniform in the third film, I DONT think thats a good ideaat all.
Liquid Ice
Eskimo Princess and Elite Auror

Postby bludy mery » Thursday 11 September 2003 1:36:42pm

the third must be even lousier that the second. I just realy hate the idie of making it into a movie. if there are some people who have problems with reading so its their problem! so jk rolling will have one million less... big deal...
bludy mery
Queen of Darkness and Owner of the Loch Ness Monster

Postby Liquid Ice » Thursday 11 September 2003 8:52:04pm

Yeah really big deal. They say shes richer than the queen.

Is there a sulky smiley?
Liquid Ice
Eskimo Princess and Elite Auror

Postby Marcus Baker » Sunday 14 September 2003 7:06:10pm

The only thing that I didnt like in the movie was Hermoine's and Ron's appearance. Ron was supposed to be tall with freckles, and same with everyone from thier family. Hermione was supposed to have larger front teeeth. I may sound really picky right now..hehe, im sry if i am.
Marcus Baker

Postby Female_alien » Saturday 22 November 2003 12:36:33pm

I agree with bludy mery, imagination was spoiled to people who haven't read Harry Potter books. I find books much, much, much better. The films aren't bad, but childish. And people didn't act bad, but, I agree with Marcus Baker, Ron should've hav freckls, bigger nose and be taller. (I loved Rupert, but...), I agree with Hermione thing too, Fred and George should've been short and not that thin and funnier. They were geeky in the movies. Percy doesn't have red hair. Harry has blue eyes in the movie and combed hair. Dudley should be fatter, much more fatter and should have BLOND hair.
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby Jotomicron » Saturday 22 November 2003 1:45:32pm

When the first movie came I became so afaraid of losing my imagination that I spent the week before it reading the books, so that the movies couldn't interfere in my imagination.

However, there were something I lost (in particular, DD face, McGonagall and Snape - mine were so so different).

I like the movies, though, but just like every film that comes from a book, I think it is so different from the book...
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Mint » Tuesday 25 November 2003 3:40:40pm

I saw a Trailer for harry potter 1st movie before I read all of the books - so I already had pictures of how most of the characters look like (not all of course) So far the only once I really disagree with are Lupin and Sirius. COmpletely different from what i imagined them to look.
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies