What if Snape was a vampire?

What would have happened if The Sorting Hat had insisted on sorting Harry into Slytherin? Or what if Harry had become friends with Draco Malfoy instead of Ron during their first journey on the Hogwarts Express? Wander into alternative Harry Potter universes here.

Moderators: Run Away!!!, Un'Anima Persa, *Riley*

Postby Meg Boyd » Tuesday 5 August 2003 10:16:48pm

Gwared wrote:The garlic in the turbin story was a rumour made up by the children...it wasn't actually true

Oh YEAH...*a look of dawning enlightenment grows on Meg's face* I forgot about that little detail...he he he
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Mistress Siana » Tuesday 5 August 2003 11:58:30pm

I think that rumour came up because Alan Rickman plays Snape very much like a vampire...I mean, the way he foulds his arms really remind me of a bat...anyway, since I first heard about that theory, I tried to find a passage in one of the books in which Snape eats something ( vampies don't need to eat), but as far as I know, there exists none. Strange...

About Quirrell and garlic...he was said to be afraid of vampires since he met one during a journey-I think the same journey he met Voldemort.
Maybe that vampire was Snape? Maybe he was there for the same reason? Maybe it was his mission to discover Voldie's whereabouts and find out about possible helpers? That would explain why Snape knew about Quirrell's true nature whereas DD didn't...hm...

Still don't believe the theory...I just don't like it
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Ju-DedoH » Wednesday 6 August 2003 2:49:08pm

but if snape knew about quirrell why wouldn't he have told DD ? but I quite like this thread though :evil:
Ju-DedoH
Hufflepuff Prefect, Divination Teacher and Sgt. Pepper

Postby Kaizer » Wednesday 6 August 2003 3:11:24pm

LOL, this isnt a rumor I heard...I actually thought of it myself and wanted to know what you guys thought. In a way I hope he isnt a vampire, because then a very big surprise would be ruined!
Kaizer
Sixth Year

Postby Gryffindor Student » Thursday 7 August 2003 6:48:05pm

That...would be so FRICKEN SWEET! If Snape was a Vampire. He looks like the Vampire type. And sounds like it too!
Gryffindor Student
Fully Qualified Elf Witch

Postby Kaizer » Thursday 7 August 2003 11:02:31pm

it would be a HUGE ruined SURPRISE! lol
Kaizer
Sixth Year

Postby Ju-DedoH » Sunday 17 August 2003 6:27:55pm

Gwared wrote:The garlic in the turbin story was a rumour made up by the children...it wasn't actually true.

I've just reread it and the rumour is from guess who : Gred & Forge !
Ju-DedoH
Hufflepuff Prefect, Divination Teacher and Sgt. Pepper

Postby Mistress Siana » Thursday 21 August 2003 2:13:51pm

but if snape knew about quirrell why wouldn't he have told DD ?

Snape DID know about Quirrell, he tried to stop him in the first book!! The question is: Why?? How could he know?
Mistress Siana

Postby Hermy » Thursday 21 August 2003 3:20:06pm

Maybe because Snape is spying on the DEs. Any who were in contact with Voldemort would know about Quirrell, so Snape could have found out that way. Maybe.
Hermy
Magizoologist

Postby Meg Boyd » Thursday 21 August 2003 3:28:04pm

Snape has a dark mark tattooed magically on his forearm, right? Maybe being close to Quirrell/Lord Voldemort made his arm burn in pain so he knew something was up...Snape is not stupid he prolly felt his arm and knew the stone was at school and put two and two together and most definatly got 4
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Mistress Siana » Sunday 21 September 2003 2:46:30am

Good point...but then there's another question...why didn't Snape tell DD? The glowing dark mark would have been a perfect proof which DD couldn't have ignored...so, if the tattoo had burned, Snape quite obviously didn't tell anyone. Why??
Mistress Siana

Postby Meg Boyd » Tuesday 23 September 2003 2:05:10am

a thirst prove his loyalty to Dumbledore and the rest of the community, he WAS trying to stop Quirrel, so then if he caught him successfully he thought perhaps the rest of the wizards would believe he was a new man
Meg Boyd

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Monday 22 March 2004 3:56:45am

perhaps snape is half-vampire.
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Monday 22 March 2004 3:57:54am

so he could stand to be out in the sun a little while and his teeth arent so big and sharp.
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phinea Rogue » Monday 22 March 2004 12:56:45pm

I think that JKR said in that online interview that there's no connection between Snape and vampires. Anyway, maybe being a half-vampire would make some sense, but I don't really see it's possible for him to be a vampire. It wouldn't be surprising and I'm sure JKR will come up with something different, something totally unexpected.
Phinea Rogue
Slytherin Prefect

PreviousNext

Return to What If?