Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6 (poll)

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6

Why Peter Pettigrew Betrayed the Potters.
6%
The Connection Between Godric Gryffindor and Godric Hollow.
8%
What the Potters did for Dumbledore during the Dark Lord's first reign.
44%
Everything about the Department of Mysteries.
31%
A hint for a way to kill the Dark Lord.
11%

Total votes : 144

Postby Dink Meeker » Saturday 2 August 2003 8:10:54pm

Gwared wrote:James had never been confirmed Gryffindor (Gryffindor is listed as his house though).
I'm pretty sure that PS the movie stated that James was a seeker for Gryffindor. I also thought that the book stated he was keeper for Gryffindor. I'm going to look this up, but either way, if JKR oversaw the details of the movies, would she allow this slip if it wasn't accurate.
Dink Meeker
Seeker of the Light

Postby Gwared » Sunday 3 August 2003 7:52:37pm

Huey wrote:
Gwared wrote:James had never been confirmed Gryffindor (Gryffindor is listed as his house though).
I'm pretty sure that PS the movie stated that James was a seeker for Gryffindor. I also thought that the book stated he was keeper for Gryffindor. I'm going to look this up, but either way, if JKR oversaw the details of the movies, would she allow this slip if it wasn't accurate.

The film had him as Gryffindor seeker, JK herself has said he played chaser...not which house. Now if they can make an error in position in the movie, couldn't they make the same with his house?

There are also many continuity errors with book and films, even with JK looking over it all.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Lolita Banana » Wednesday 6 August 2003 11:37:21pm

I would like to know about Snape and why he is on DD's side for good. I.E. what made him change his mind
Lolita Banana
Seventh Year

Postby Eol » Friday 8 August 2003 4:27:46pm

I would also like to see why Dumbledore trusts Snape, and what made Snape switch sides. I just remembered the thing I want answered the most....what Dumbledore sees in the Mirror of Erised!!!
Eol
Lightning Bearer

Postby gecko » Friday 8 August 2003 5:25:31pm

Eol, Dumbledore has already said what he sees in the mirror! He sees himself getting socks! He says so somewhere in PS!
Check out this topic http://www.broomsticksandowls.com/forum ... php?t=1871 for a theory of mine about socks :P!
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Eol » Friday 8 August 2003 6:23:45pm

Lol gecko I stand corrected :razz:
Eol
Lightning Bearer

Postby Meg Boyd » Tuesday 12 August 2003 2:08:58am

I would like to know what's up with Mark Evans I also want to know what's up with the number 12...every thing is number 12...there is a part about it on the Mugglenet site...
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Nacht » Tuesday 12 August 2003 10:43:27am

I want to know all about Snape and sadly that's not in the poll and I want to know if Hemione's 'rather long front teeth' will be of any importance ever.
Nacht
Second Year

Postby Centaur Lord » Saturday 16 August 2003 4:01:41am

Well even though i did look at the poll, i didnt vote because theres just one slight problem...I want to know all those things! I cant really pick one, because they're all just so interesting. Its amazing how "in depth" these books go, because there are connections all over the place that im sure even fanatics like us havent spotted yet.
Centaur Lord
Seventh Year

Postby Mumbleberry » Saturday 16 August 2003 10:24:08am

I want more clarification on this ere prophecy! Everyone seems to be assuming they know straight off what it means, which is a bit of a mistake. Either there's more stuff to learn about how and why LV 'chose' Harry, or there's been a lot of wrong-tree-barking-up going on.
Mumbleberry
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Mistress Siana » Friday 29 August 2003 12:16:22am

I also wanna know more about Snape, why he changed sides, what makes DD trust him, and why he joined Voldie in the first place.

I also wanna get to know more about Narcissa Malfoy,and I think it would be interesting to see if one of Hogwarts' teachers has a family...
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Person#11 » Sunday 31 August 2003 6:53:05pm

violet high wrote:i want to find out about the department of mysteries, it seems fairly intrigiung and we only got to see in a couple of rooms. and not in any great detail!

I don't want that by book six, that would spoil it before the series is over.
Person#11
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Gower » Thursday 11 September 2003 4:46:00pm

knowing more about snape is my main wish
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby Jotomicron » Thursday 11 September 2003 5:49:55pm

I voted for the Potter's background.
Actually, I would like to know about that, about the First Order, the DoM and Snape's action to make him trustful for DD.

I wouldn't vote for the "way to kill Voldmort" because I think that's something we sould only learn about, really close to the end. None (reader included) may know how to do it before the chosen kill him.
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby fathead » Sunday 28 September 2003 11:50:56am

Everything about the Department of Mysteries! Especially the Veil thingy!
fathead
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

PreviousNext

Return to The Books