"The heart of it all"

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Holly Golightly » Wednesday 6 August 2003 1:42:48pm

Yeah sure Gwared... that's what they all say..

Holly goes to sit in the corner, muttering to herself about people's duplicity...

:lol: hehehe :lol:

Hrmm, Holly notices that she is setting a bad example... :oops:

Okies, so back to the topic people... now, what was it again.. "the heart of it all" or something??? :grin: (So I have a bad memory sometimes/all the time! ;) )
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby darkcloak » Wednesday 27 August 2003 1:28:29pm

Greetings........

Perhaps Harry Potter is Dumbledore

"I know exactly how you feel Harry"
:eek:
darkcloak
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Albus » Wednesday 27 August 2003 1:57:04pm

Welcome to BaO darkcloak :grin:

Could you explain yourself a little more ? That is, maybe I caught what you mean in general, but I haven't understood exactly what means "Harry Potter is Dumbledore". You mean they're the same person ? It's an interesting theory, but how can you deal with the fact that they do appear together in so many circumstances... ?

Let us know...
Albus
Admirer of Numbers and Watcher of the Stars

Postby Ju-DedoH » Wednesday 27 August 2003 2:07:04pm

if they are the same person, then only DD seems to know it, how could harry not know it :???:
Ju-DedoH
Hufflepuff Prefect, Divination Teacher and Sgt. Pepper

Postby yasmane » Wednesday 27 August 2003 2:52:41pm

What is the meaning of : "they are the same person" ?

Anyway, we really have many interesting theories about Harry and possible links with LV and DD.

Honestly, I'm really waiting to be suprised, and I think JKR will surprise more than a few.
The theory which seems less unlikely to be correct would be the family ties between Lily and LV. But what kind of ties, that's another question.
:???: :-? :-(
yasmane
Sixth Year

Postby darkcloak » Wednesday 27 August 2003 3:00:40pm

[quote="Ju-DedoH"]if they are the same person, then only DD seems to know it, how could harry not know it :???:[/quote]

Because DD is HP whne he is older. He hasn't experienced it yet.

[quote=Albus]Could you explain yourself a little more ? That is, maybe I caught what you mean in general, but I haven't understood exactly what means "Harry Potter is Dumbledore". You mean they're the same person ? It's an interesting theory, but how can you deal with the fact that they do appear together in so many circumstances... ? [/quote]

Its just that its been discussed and rejected that HP and DD are related, yet they share so many commonalities.

Sword of Griffindor
Fawkes the Phoenix
Knows what Harry is doing most of the time
Perhaps he has a scar on his head under that grey hair
and we never know what DD's wand is made from

Maybe HP has to sacrifice himself in order for V to be destroyed and he is transported back in time. Yet he cannot interfere with HP and what he knows is going to happen as he realises its the only way to stop V.

Sure, it's a leap into the dark with flaws and inconsistencies but it could become the heart of it all.
darkcloak
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby yasmane » Wednesday 27 August 2003 3:14:38pm

Well, if I had to make one comment, it would be : funny but that's all.

I mean, you have indeed a theory, possible or not, but this theory doesn't really come from facts of the books, but just from your imagination.

Of course you try to link your theory with the books but :

Sword of gryffindor : that would may be help the theory saying Harry is Gryffindor's heir, but in no way a relation between Harry and DD.

Fawkes : he comes to help Harry, only because harry trusted deeply DD. No relation here between harry and DD except may be respect, love andwhatever you want.

DD knows what harry does all the time : well first of all he got him checked all the time when he leaves with the Dursley, and when harry is at school, the only thing I could say is that DD knows almost everything happening within Hogwarth.

Scar : come on....

wand : that's true, we don't know.

And if DD was coming back from the future (as Hermione was doing in PoA) he couldn't enter in contact with harry.

Honestly, that's a funny theory but there is a huge gap between "possible" theory and your's.
yasmane
Sixth Year

Postby Dink Meeker » Wednesday 27 August 2003 5:40:46pm

yasmane wrote:Honestly, that's a funny theory but there is a huge gap between "possible" theory and your's.

I think you're being a little harsh yasmane. I personally don't think this theory will come to pass, but a theory is just that.... conjecture. It's difficult to base a theory on facts when JKR is so mizerly about giving us any. Therefore almost any theory is technically possible.... even this one.

JMHO :grin: :grin: :grin:
Dink Meeker
Seeker of the Light

Postby yasmane » Wednesday 27 August 2003 7:59:57pm

All my apologies if I was harsh, I didn't mean to.
Sometimes I realise that my lack of vocabulary doesn't allow me to say exactly what I want.
I just wanted to say I find this theory a little too weird, but you're right, who knows...

Again sorry for being rude.
yasmane
Sixth Year

Postby Dink Meeker » Wednesday 27 August 2003 8:12:42pm

No problem Yasmane. :grin:

The funny thing about forums is that each individual reader is going to interpret a post differently. It was probably my interpretation and not your post that was harsh and I shouldn't have said anything negative. I'm sorry. :(

The great thing about forums is that you get to read everyone's opinion not just your own and I do respect your opinion on this topic. :D

IMHO
Huey
Dink Meeker
Seeker of the Light

Postby Ju-DedoH » Thursday 28 August 2003 12:10:48am

one problem is that DD was there before Harry was born ...
Ju-DedoH
Hufflepuff Prefect, Divination Teacher and Sgt. Pepper

Postby yasmane » Thursday 28 August 2003 7:43:53am

No problem Huey :jump: :jump: :jump:
And that's why forums are so interesting, if a minimum of respect remains in all topics of course.
Anyway, Harry being DD is, on my opinion, impossible. :grin:
yasmane
Sixth Year

Postby Tuima » Wednesday 26 November 2003 4:59:24am

Interesting theory...hmmm. OK, I have an idea, but I haven't been to BaO forever and a day, so if this is posted elsewhere I aplologize, but...
I was just re-reading book 1, "your father left this (invisibility cloak) in my posession before he died. Use it well" Do we know WHY James would leave his "really rare, and really valuable" cloak with DD?? I mean, at a time when all this chaos is going on, wouldn't he feel safer having it with him? Could this come back in later books? I'm sure the original Lily & James murder is vital to the plot, so maybe this will be explained/ be important.
Tuima
Fourth Year

Postby Mint » Wednesday 26 November 2003 4:22:32pm

Well, I always thought that James left it in Hogwarts before he encountered evil of Lord Voldemort. I thought he gave it to DD saying smth like Here keep this for any kids I may have so they would have as much fun in Hogwarts as me.

U know, cause I doubt that James used it for good things in School.

But yeah, u may be right...
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby Tuima » Wednesday 26 November 2003 11:27:14pm

I don't know that James would do that... especially after LV started gaining power, wouldn't he want his cloak? They surely use them in OotP. It could just fit in with the idea that the Potters knew LV was after them, but some things don't fit.
Tuima
Fourth Year

PreviousNext

Return to Theories