Question about Dumbledore vs. Voldemort Duel

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby Tuima » Thursday 14 August 2003 2:50:55am

Yah, that's what I meant, I think it's pretty clear that touching Fawkes while he disappears would make you go to (cool connection by the way, I love the Chronicles of Narnia :D ). I was just pointing out that during the duel, Voldemort and DD were disappearing and reappearing
without touching Fawkes,
and neither of them made the pop/crack that comes with apparating.
SO... how did they do it? I personally think that a really advanced wizard would be skilled enough to apparate to an exact area, without noise. I mean, it seems to be an art you have to perfect, like how the twins have trouble controlling where they go at first.
Tuima
Fourth Year

Postby Centaur Lord » Saturday 16 August 2003 4:09:16am

I think your absolutely right. It probably is an art you have to perfect. Also, in Book 1, when Harry is talking to Dumbledore by the mirror of erised, Dumbledore says "I dont need a cloak to be invisible." At first i thought this was just meaning he could hide in the shadows or something, but the more i think about it now, the more i realize that he probably can just disappear at random intervals whenever he wants to. I think this has been said before, perhaps not this topic, but i thought i had glimpsed it somewhere...Just a reminder.
Centaur Lord
Seventh Year

Postby highsorcerer » Monday 18 August 2003 4:56:52pm

I guess I don't. Magic fire is a way to travel, like floo powder. If Fawkes can do it and take along a faithful master, he will do it.
highsorcerer
Department of Mysteries Unspeakable and Registered Animagus (Parrot)

Postby Tuima » Monday 18 August 2003 6:43:34pm

K, I just noticed something. When Mr. Weasley Apparates, he makes a "faint popping noise". Other people (such as drunk Mundungus and inexperienced Gred and Forge) make loud cracks. I think that the more powerful or practiced the wizard is at apparating, the more exact and the quieter they are.
Tuima
Fourth Year

Postby Meg Boyd » Monday 18 August 2003 6:52:58pm

oooh, you have something, Fred and George make cracks, Mundungus made a really loud bang, and Aruthur made a faint pop. I am sure you are right in thinking that the more experienced one is, the quieter one apparates! Good thinking!
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Previous

Return to The Books