what nationality are u?

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Smite » Saturday 19 July 2003 11:03:39am

I'm aussie....
Smite
Fourth Year

Postby Dink Meeker » Saturday 19 July 2003 3:11:36pm

Born and raised in Sothwestern Ontario, Canada. But my grandparents were from Scotland.
Dink Meeker
Seeker of the Light

I'm British

Postby littlemissy » Sunday 20 July 2003 9:05:58pm

I was born in England to English parents, but I live in Wales, and have done for most of my life. I consider myself to be English & British!
littlemissy
Second Year

Postby Marcus Baker » Wednesday 23 July 2003 8:22:03pm

lots of chinese, lots of english, lots of americans, but no brazilians :(
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Meg Boyd » Saturday 26 July 2003 4:47:49am

sorry about that...

but i don't really have a anchestral nationality...

I am an American, but as for anchestral nationality, I am a mutt...my family has been in America since 1666, so well, yeah, we're a lot of things now, and they don't even know where my pilgrim anchestor came from...they think denmark....i'm not sure...oh well....i know I'm part french and crow native american and irish, but as for the rest i'm not sure...

But I'm proud to be an American Mutt!!!!!
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Fenny » Tuesday 5 August 2003 1:19:45pm

i'm Indonesian.. please don't insult me or my nationality... well, more specific is Javanese.. Lots of people insult Indonesia because the bombs, corruption, etc ... well, i hate those too.. I don't know how to make bombs.. :razz:
Fenny
Second Year

Postby gecko » Tuesday 5 August 2003 1:26:11pm

Puh, insulting people because they come from a certain country is ridiculous, and you can be sure that nobody here will do such a thing. It's not your fault some of the people in your country do such things! Have fun on the board!
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Gwared » Tuesday 5 August 2003 9:50:18pm

Fenny wrote:i'm Indonesian.. please don't insult me or my nationality... well, more specific is Javanese.. Lots of people insult Indonesia because the bombs, corruption, etc ... well, i hate those too.. I don't know how to make bombs.. :razz:

It would be a horrible thing if anyone on this board did such a thing, especially as every country has similar problems.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Mistress Siana » Wednesday 6 August 2003 12:41:17am

Yeah, it's so easy to just generalize but don't look beyond...

Considering this, I really think such forums with many nationalities are an important step towards reducing prejudices...hey guys, by just being here, we're improving the world! Yeay!

I'm german, btw (for those who don't know yet)
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Jotomicron » Thursday 11 September 2003 4:52:22pm

Marcus Baker wrote:lots of chinese, lots of english, lots of americans, but no brazilians :(

If that helps your mood 8-) , Marcus, I'm portuguese (yeah, I know it's not the same :P , but at least we speak the same language :razz: ).

Like some others, I've been bred and I'm still in my original country :-? , Portugal. My entire family is also portuguese. I don't know any relatives coming from other countries... :D
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Gower » Thursday 11 September 2003 5:05:38pm

my mum is french, my dad is english. My english is much better than my french because i'm living in england.
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby Stargazer » Thursday 11 September 2003 5:51:10pm

I'm Finnish, my parents and their parents are Finnish ... Even though at some poin of my maternal grandmother's side there's someone Swedish ...

* Stargazer * :eekie:
Stargazer
Anazeteo Sophia, Aldebaran of the Hyades

Postby Liquid Ice » Thursday 11 September 2003 8:23:23pm

Gower wrote:my mum is french, my dad is english. My english is much better than my french because i'm living in england.

Obviosly thats me too, but you forgot, we have a drop of Italien blood in there somewhere!
Liquid Ice
Eskimo Princess and Elite Auror

Postby Ju-DedoH » Thursday 11 September 2003 9:03:59pm

Gower wrote:my mum is french, my dad is english. My english is much better than my french because i'm living in england.

hey good news, other froggies well, not really but if you want to practice your french, come to the beauxbatons thread in the great hall !
Ju-DedoH
Hufflepuff Prefect, Divination Teacher and Sgt. Pepper

Postby Won Wheezy » Sunday 14 September 2003 3:16:22pm

I´m Austrian - that´s the tiny little country in the middle of Europe - but I think my ancestors have been Chech or Polish. Griaß eich Leid´ln!
:razz:
Won Wheezy
Blower of Kisses, Tickler of Toes and gecko-smoocher

PreviousNext

Return to The Great Hall