"The heart of it all"

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Hermione Weasley » Monday 4 August 2003 8:31:46pm

yea my mom's copy which she got one the fist day it was released has james comming out first too.
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Hermy » Tuesday 5 August 2003 8:25:26am

Huey wrote:I think there is a reason that it's Voldemort vs Harry. That there's a relationship between them (maybe he's Lily's brother :grin: ) and only them. Dumbledore can't kill LV only Harry can. Why?

I've been thinking about this. Voldemort being Lily's brother is a possibility - remember how Petunia reacts when she hears that he is back? However, there might be an age problem with that......
What happened to Voldemorts mother? I can't remember, but I know that he hated his father because he couldn't acept his mother being a witch. Could she have remarried later in life and had Lily and Petunia????

Dumbledore knows that Harry is the one to kill Voldemort. He also knows that what Harry wants more than anything is to belong to a family. Does he think that if he knows that Harry is related to Voldemort then he won't be able to kill him?
Hermy
Magizoologist

Postby Holly Golightly » Tuesday 5 August 2003 10:05:30am

Aparently Voldie's mum died just after childbirth. She lived just long enough to name him, Tom after his father, Marvolo after his Grandfather... ;)

I would say that that's on CoS, but I cant' exactly remember! Seems like it would be tho! I know it was Voldie saying it, so it must be as Tom Riddle's memory, no??? :???:
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby Albus » Tuesday 5 August 2003 12:33:38pm

Yes Holly, it's in CoS, when Harry arrives in the Chambers and starts talking with Tom. He tells Harry his story and says just what you wrote.

Anyway, just an opinion, I wouldn't like so much Lily being LV's sister.
But everything is possible...
Albus
Admirer of Numbers and Watcher of the Stars

Postby Hermy » Tuesday 5 August 2003 12:43:47pm

Well, there goes that theory out of the window......

Maybe....... earlier on James had the opportunity of killing Voldemort before he really rose to power, but Lily stopped him (like she told him to stop picking on Snape) and as a result Voldemort gave her the opportunity to survive??????
Hermy
Magizoologist

Postby Holly Golightly » Tuesday 5 August 2003 1:57:34pm

Well, it seems that I have an absolutely awesome memory then! (except of course fo those things that I remember clearly, that never really happened! ;) )

Anyways, I don't like the idea of Voldie' being Lily's sister either Albus, but then I take it one step further... I dont' like the idea of them being related at all!

But hey, that's just a personal opinion, and knowing me, its most likely wrong!!! (none of my theories are ever right, but I'm still banking on the Peter Petigrew one tho!!! :lol: )
Holly Golightly

Postby Albus » Tuesday 5 August 2003 2:14:04pm

Yes, I'm with you... Hope they're not even related...
I expect - how can I say ? - something more from JK than finding out a relationship between Harry and Voldemort...
It would be... Banal ?
Albus

Postby Holly Golightly » Tuesday 5 August 2003 2:22:56pm

I'm not entirely sure what Banal means, but I would expect more from her too! For this same reason, I dont' want to see Harry and either of the following related; Dumbledore, Voldemort, the Malfoys, the Weasleys, Snape or anyone else, and yeah, just no inter-relations between any of these people!!!

:grin:
Holly Golightly

Postby Albus » Tuesday 5 August 2003 6:40:23pm

You're right, maybe "banal" is a little "Italianish"... :grin:
Anyway, I checked my English dictionary, and that's it:

Banal
If you describe something as banal you do not like it because you think it is so ordinary that it is not all effective or interesting

I think it sounds appropriate, doesn't it ? :grin:
Albus

Postby AccioNiffler » Tuesday 5 August 2003 7:40:34pm

Haha, I think that all this banal business is very funny because I was just watching Saturday Night Live, and they said banal at almost the exact same time that I read it :lol: :lol: :lol: Okay, maybe it's not that funny, but I thought I'd let you all know anyways :grin:
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Postby Holly Golightly » Wednesday 6 August 2003 1:38:17am

OHHH! I get it now!

Sometimes (most of the time) I read things completely wrong. I dont' know what I thought that you had written, but yeah! Boy I'm strange! I'm 22 and at University, and cannot real properly!!! :grin:

Hrmm, well, since that was supposed to say read, not real, it seems that I cannot spell/type either :eek: ! Good thing that I can edit posts here!!! :lol:
Holly Golightly

Postby gecko » Wednesday 6 August 2003 11:33:09am

It seems you've got to work on your editing-skills too, because it still says 'real'!
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Gwared » Wednesday 6 August 2003 12:26:08pm

Holly Golightly wrote:OHHH! I get it now!

Sometimes (most of the time) I read things completely wrong. I dont' know what I thought that you had written, but yeah! Boy I'm strange! I'm 22 and at University, and cannot real properly!!! :grin:

Hrmm, well, since that was supposed to say read, not real, it seems that I cannot spell/type either :eek: ! Good thing that I can edit posts here!!! :lol:

Hehe, only Holly would edit to point out her error rather than correct it! :razz:
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Holly Golightly » Wednesday 6 August 2003 12:55:36pm

Are you mocking me again Gwared... tsk tsk tsk! :evil grin:

You know, one day I'm going to take all this mockage to heart, and youa re going to feel sooooooooooooooooooo guilty!

So yeah!

(hehehe! :lol: )
Holly Golightly

Postby Gwared » Wednesday 6 August 2003 1:32:08pm

Very true, I rarely know when to stop...so I shall stop now.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Theories