"The heart of it all"

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby AccioNiffler » Wednesday 30 July 2003 5:04:08pm

I see what you're saying Justin, but what if Harry has no future. What if he dies in the last book.
The easiest thing for JKR to have been alluding to would be what will happen to Harry when he graduates
If Harry dies, he cannot graduate.
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Postby Marcus Baker » Wednesday 30 July 2003 5:04:39pm

AccioNiffler wrote:Lupin was never an animangus, was he? I just thought that he was a wereworlf, and all his friends were animanguses (what a long word :grin: )!

yea, sry my mistake. :oops:
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Dink Meeker » Wednesday 30 July 2003 7:06:02pm

I think that the key still might be in the real identity of Voldemort. How he came to power.... Why Dumbledore hasn't just killed him..... Why he gave Lily the opportunity to live before he tried to killed Harry...... Why did LV pick Harry from the prophecy instead of Neville......

I think there is a reason that it's Voldemort vs Harry. That there's a relationship between them (maybe he's Lily's brother :grin: ) and only them. Dumbledore can't kill LV only Harry can. Why?

There have been minor hints and clues in every book about his family, from the mirror to the Dementors. If there's nothing there why hasn't Dumbledore just come out and told him everything about his parents and family when he first came to Hogwarts.

IMHO

Sorry about the rambling post.... it's hard to put these thoughts in any kind of meaningful order.
Dink Meeker
Seeker of the Light

Postby zledm007 » Wednesday 30 July 2003 7:37:40pm

you know what huey, i think you've got something there, with the family thing. that's always been something i've wondered about throughout all of the books. i've always tried to connect harry w/ gryffindor or w/ DD or any combination of those three, but if harry is somehow realted to voldemort, like he's his uncle or something like you said, then it would put a whole new twist on the story and would explain why voldy chose harry instead of neville. the only thing that can't happen is voldy turns out to be harry's dad instead of james cause that's too star warsish. but i could see voldy being lily's brother cause people have been saying for a while that lily's past is not the nice history that a lot of people want to think it is. i've heard a lot of people say stuff about her being a death eater, but i just can't see that happening, so the brother thing gives a nice connection between lily and voldy that doesn't neccesarily make her evil. also, that fact that lily was muggle born helps too since voldy's dad was a muggle. the only thing is lily would have to be voldy's half sister w/ different mothers. another interesting thing then is that petunia would then be related to voldemort as well, and that could explain why she knows stuff about the wizarding world, like about the dementors. furthermore (sorry for the long post, but the thoughts just keep coming here, huey, i really think you've got somthing here) early in the series, i think the 1st book, petunia said something about how her mother was so happy when lily turned out to be a witch, and w/ voldy as a half brother, that still makes sense. as long as he is older or younger than lily (well i suppose it really doesn't matter) it all works out, everything fits. wow, this really could be "the heart of it all."
zledm007
Divination Teacher and Jazz Master for the Universe

Postby Colin » Wednesday 30 July 2003 8:42:25pm

Albus:

Nocturn/Nocturne means "Of the night" Black, dark.

[Middle English nocturne, from Medieval Latin nocturna, from Latin, feminine of nocturnus, of the night. See nocturnal.]
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 1 August 2003 3:00:43pm

One word:

Forgiveness
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Hermione Weasley » Friday 1 August 2003 9:52:51pm

Huey and Zled I love that theory :grin: but instead of like a half broter I was think more along the lines of their cousin.Which would still make sense. but i really do love your theory and i will try thinking of some more to add on but i can't think of anything right now.
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Albus » Sunday 3 August 2003 11:14:09pm

I've been wondering a lot about all this and, even reading another thread in "Theories based on OoTP", the one named "Peter's possible bravery", I have noticed something very very very important; obviously some of you will have noticed this already, but I think it's important to the topic: James died after Lily ! He came out of Voldemort's wand just before Lily, and so for the Priori Incantatem he died after her. This means that Voldemort first wanted to kill Harry, but his mother sacrificed her life for him, then he killed James. But where was James then ??? Why wasn't he at home ??? Had he arrived just after Lily's death ??? And so, whose was the voice in Harry's mind speaking "He's here Lily... Take Harry..." and so on...
I'm going slightly mad...
Albus
Admirer of Numbers and Watcher of the Stars

Postby Meg Boyd » Sunday 3 August 2003 11:26:48pm

I heard it was a typo that caused James to come out of the wand first, and later editions have Lily coming out of the wand first....idk
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby zledm007 » Sunday 3 August 2003 11:30:14pm

where'd you hear that?
zledm007
Divination Teacher and Jazz Master for the Universe

Postby Meg Boyd » Sunday 3 August 2003 11:56:25pm

I dunno, but I remember hearing it along time ago
Meg Boyd

Postby Holly Golightly » Monday 4 August 2003 4:00:26am

It's true, it's true (as I have been posting everywhere) My copy, one of the later ones (it's a softcover!) has Lily coming out of the wand first...

JK has admitted that it was a typo, and that's why it ws corrected later on!
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby Albus » Monday 4 August 2003 12:20:55pm

Ah, ok, if you are sure it was rewritten things change...
Albus
Admirer of Numbers and Watcher of the Stars

Postby Gwared » Monday 4 August 2003 1:10:40pm

I read GoF before hearing that rumour, when I went back to check the rumour proved false. I later found out that the books had been rewritten and so I've never seen a copy whereby James comes out first.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Meg Boyd » Monday 4 August 2003 1:20:08pm

I got my copy the first day it was released in US/UK so it was a first edition, and James comes out of the wand first.
Meg Boyd

PreviousNext

Return to Theories