Cho Chang

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Postby azn wizard » Thursday 10 July 2003 4:31:13am

choki wrote:Cho Chang is written in a way that her 1st name (which is usually placed behind the surname in chinese way) is placed in front...
So Cho is her name and Chang, her surname/family name.
Qiu means autumn in chinese, meaning Cho = autumn in chinese...

just something that ran across my mind.....maybe they should've named her chang(2) chou(3) as in "longtime frown" instead, cuz that whutz shez been acting like lately....i mean chou and cho sounds close enough no? hehe
azn wizard
Keeper Of The Moons

Postby bludy mery » Saturday 26 July 2003 6:59:37pm

I never realy liked cho much from the very begining... I hate all thows "popular perfect" little girls... beautiful, good in quiddich, blablabla she is quite of a snob... and I think Harry stopped loving her because when you have a "fancy" usaly when your a teenager in a big part of the times it's because the fealing that it hard to get that love... the chalenge... I can't explain that very whell... and alsow people sometimes love just because of the outside... but when he got to know her I think he realized he dosn't realy love her...
bludy mery
Queen of Darkness and Owner of the Loch Ness Monster

Postby Devinci » Saturday 26 July 2003 8:50:39pm

I concure with bludy mery...sorta.

I always thought Cho was, a bit overdone. outdated, a little disapointing as well. She never hit me as THE PERFECT WOMAN*dramatic interlude* But, who knows...perhaps she'll get better.

Ooooorr, even better, perhaps Harry will just...get over it completly.

*crosses fingers*

:christmas: :christmas: :christmas:
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby Morgana » Sunday 27 July 2003 4:04:31am

well i have to agree with the original poster, i don't like cho, never have really, and im glad that she and harry didn't really get together other than the one "date" i don't think shes right for him and i doubt her feelings for him, if any ever exsisted, for example the Yule Ball sure in Gof she said she went with cedric b/c he asked her first but if she really had feelings for harry, assuming of course that at that piont he exstited as a real person for her, than why say yes to someone else, i mean there wasn't really an indication that cho felt ANYTHING for harry, besides the general freindship stuff, before OoP
Morgana
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby highsorcerer » Monday 28 July 2003 6:39:51am

Well, as I've stated before, she never wore a Support Cedric / Potter Stinks badge (even when it was popular to do it, and she is a popular girl), and she did wish him luck at the first task in GoF (which brought his total number of people who wished him well [outside of Gryffindor] to 1). It may not indicate she liked him (at least romantically), but it was better than 75% of the students at Hogwarts.
highsorcerer
Department of Mysteries Unspeakable and Registered Animagus (Parrot)

Postby Charis » Wednesday 30 July 2003 7:14:19pm

i think the fact that she didn't wear a Potter stinks badge etc. shows that she has sense...even if she didnt act very sensible in OotP. I'm not making excuses for her, and i reallly don't like Cho, but, sometimes, your feelings can get the better of your good sense and i think thats why she acted the way she did in OotP. just helping to point out that all of her isn't bad...we all act stupidly sometimes.
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby Aule » Friday 1 August 2003 5:10:38pm

maybe once she's done mourning harry and her will be on speaking terms once again. however, by then she'll have more baggage b/c she's dating somebody after harry.
we have to wait a long time to find out
Aule
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Vivian Borgin » Saturday 2 August 2003 4:59:58am

I think the new replacement guy is a smokescreen to get Harry to see that she's confused and seeking attention?help?validation? I dunno. I don't approve of her behavior; but I can understand why she does it. Like Sirius said, a lot of us were idiots at fifteen. :oops:
Vivian Borgin
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby bludy mery » Saturday 2 August 2003 4:35:40pm

I think she acted realy cruel when she started to tell Harry about her date with Sedric in that stupid tea shop (sorry but this place just sounds pathetic to me) she took that Hermione thing realy bad... maybe she is just jelous at Hermione being friends with him and being rely close to him for a long time... I got a feeling Cho did fancy Harry after all...
bludy mery
Queen of Darkness and Owner of the Loch Ness Monster

Cho

Postby highsorcerer » Monday 11 August 2003 8:43:08am

Cho is just not mature enough to understand what her choices do to people. But her heart is in the right place, and always has been. sher efused to wear one of those dumb SUPPORT CEDRIC badges, even when it was cool to do it.

But it's ok that crushes don't work out. I remember many of mine. I know can't see what I ever saw in them in the first place.

I defend Cho because while she has issues, she's never had her heart in the wrong place. She let Harry down easy at the Yule Ball rejection. And while they had mutual crushes on each other, she was just as frightened as rejection as Harry was. Harry finally realized it and asked her out, but it didn't go well because they had mutual secrets, and not good ones. Cho and Harry both admired and repsected Cedric.

Cho needs help more than anything. The loss of her boyfriend hurt Oh dismiss it as a childhood thing, but I know bettter. Losing a loved one hurts.
highsorcerer
Department of Mysteries Unspeakable and Registered Animagus (Parrot)

Postby Ginny Malfoy » Monday 26 January 2004 12:30:29am

As aggrevating as Cho's moods were during book 5 (not to mention Harry's moods as well...), at the heart of it, like Highsorcerer said, she isn't an evil person. Look how she was in book 4 to Harry...she didn't join in on all the bashing and she wasn't a nasty person. I think one of the hardest things I had to remember is that Harry suffered not just a death but a horrific experience at the end of book 4, and in her own way, Cho suffered that experience to a degree herself, through Cedric. How could anyone be the same after that? In fact, had they been happy-go-lucky with no after-effects, that'd be really unrealistic not to mention uncharacteristic of JKR's writing.

If there is something that still irked me about Cho, it's how she continued to stick up for Marietta. Now, I know Marietta is her friend, but because of this "friend", she (Cho) could have been in REAL hot water. I can see why she wanted to defend her friend, but I was surprised that she couldn't seem to even accept that Marietta had turned on them ALL--Marietta made that choice. At any rate, I don't think Cho is the one for Harry...she was just an infatuation...and maybe book 6 will find Cho a little less emotionally-charged!
Ginny Malfoy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Reading in the Slytherin Common Room...YES, we DO know how to read! :p

Postby TomFeltonLover939 » Friday 2 July 2004 10:45:51pm

i don't like cho at all, she was alright until the 5th book, she didn't give harry any chance to explain anything and embarassed him in front of many people. i'm sure she's a nice girl, but she DEFINITLY isn't right for harry
TomFeltonLover939
Second Year

Postby Deedra Malfoy » Saturday 3 July 2004 7:26:38pm

Why are we wasting 4 pages on this topic?!?!
Deedra Malfoy
Trainer of Magical Creatures

Postby niki_192 » Saturday 9 July 2005 1:14:00pm

yeh harry and cho should hook up i mean its obvious that hes head over heels for her... it would be really interesting to them together.. i thought it was really funny after they spent valentines together and harry shouted out "women.. why do they make it so hard or why are they so hard to understand and figure out" and that hermione should write a book about girls feelings (or something like that)
i have a strong feeling that we'll see a lot of cho in the 6th book..... can't wait!
niki_192
Fully Qualified Wizard

Cho Chang

Postby Neilwolf » Friday 30 September 2005 3:18:18am

Hey,

Personally, I find Cho to be a bit of a selfish Drama Queen.
She cries every five minutes, even when it has nothing to do
with Cedric Diggory. She agrees to go with Harry to Hogsmeade,
then goes on about Cedric saying "Cedric did this with me,"
and "if Cedric learned Dark Arts Defense from you, he'd be
alive." Read: I'm sorry, Harry, but you're not Cedric. She snips
when Harry said that he had to meet Hermione. She then tries
to defend Marietta who sold out the DA. She frankly has no
regard for Harry's feelings and obviously does not want to get
over Cedric. Of course, on Harry's defense, he is stuck with
the Dursleys and has been given no opportunity to learn social
skills so no wonder he is awkward around girls. Otherwise, he'd
at least try to have a bit more fun at the Yule Ball. :cool: