Favorite/Least Favorite Actors for the HP Movies

Have you seen the movies, either in the cinema theatre, or on video or DVD, or thinking of seeing them? Share your views here.

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Snow_Crystal

Postby Devinci » Friday 11 July 2003 3:13:20pm

The Malfoy's are brilliant in the movies. Their facial expressions...just the way they react to everything around them is perfect. They're haughty and well rounded as the characters, I love it. Jason Isaac and Tom Felton were cast wonderfully.

I think that Daniel Radcliffe, especially in the third movie, protrayed Harry really well. The first one he got away with it because he was so cute, the second one he had some acting to fall on. Of course Rupter and Emma are magnificent...:)

But the Malfoy's take it all on this end.
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby Colin » Monday 28 July 2003 5:19:08pm

One pleasant suprise for me was David Bradley's performance as Argus Filch. He was just SO slimy. He made me believe.

I have seen Bradley in other movies before, mostly westerns. He is very good at playing this kind of character.
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Marcus Baker » Monday 28 July 2003 8:56:28pm

I think the whole movie selection is great! My favorites are:

Hagrid
Filch
Hermione
Ron
Draco
Neville
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Hermy » Tuesday 29 July 2003 8:24:21am

Does anyone else think that Hugh Grant would make a really good Ludo Bagman?
Hermy
Magizoologist

Postby Marcus Baker » Tuesday 29 July 2003 3:14:02pm

HAHA. I havent thought about it, but now that I do, I can see him as Ludo Bagman. But seeing him evil is disturbing...and sad..
Marcus Baker

Postby littlemissy » Wednesday 30 July 2003 12:15:21am

Agree that Christian Coulson is yummy in the extreme :D and a great Tom Riddle.
My favourite, perfect portrayal of a character is Alan Rickman as Snape. I think I have always imagined Snape to be Alan Rickman while reading the books, long before any talk of a film. He's ideal.
Also love McGonagall, Filch, Lucius & Draco Malfoy, Ron Weasley...
Hate Fred & George in the films though, they're just not as cool as in the books! Also have to say I thought Kenneth Branagh was hilarious as Lockhart. Hugh Grant might have been good as well, but I loved Kenneth.
littlemissy
Second Year

Postby gecko » Wednesday 30 July 2003 9:45:17am

I thought Lockhart looked way too old in the movies. I had imagined him as a wizard of say 30 who looked 25 or something. What we got to see was a man of 40 or older (I think :P) and, well, not that I'm all too knowledgeable on these things, but he wasn't that attractive (I think), as the books make him seem!

Christian Coulson indeed played the perfect Tom Riddle! I hope we'll get to see him in the third movie too, in a flashback as he killed his father and grandparents (though I doubt it)!
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Vivian Borgin » Saturday 2 August 2003 5:44:25am

I thought Maggie Smith was a perfect McGonagall! I also liked Madam Hooch (can't remember who played her part, though.) Alan Rickman as Snape has been great, too. However, Jason Isaacs and the Cane of Evil took the blue ribbon. :P

You're probably all going to think I'm nuts for this, but...I still think Ringo Starr would've made a great Dumbledore. Oh, and Ozzy Osbourne as Moody in Movie 4. 8)
Vivian Borgin
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Gwared » Saturday 2 August 2003 1:56:16pm

Zoe Wannamaker was Hooch, and Ozzy as Moody is actualy quite funny to picture...only thing is I doubt CONSTANT VIGILANCE would be what he keeps shouting!! :)
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby highsorcerer » Friday 8 August 2003 4:32:34am

Alan Rickman as Snape. He's done a lot of great roles from Hans Gruber (Die Hard) to Dr. Lazarus (Galaxy Quest)
highsorcerer
Department of Mysteries Unspeakable and Registered Animagus (Parrot)

Postby Marcus Baker » Friday 8 August 2003 7:52:12pm

Gwared wrote:Zoe Wannamaker was Hooch, and Ozzy as Moody is actualy quite funny to picture...only thing is I doubt CONSTANT VIGILANCE would be what he keeps shouting!! :)

I would love to see Ozzy as Moody. The prince of evilis now an auror!!! (is that his nickname???)
Marcus Baker

Postby Vivian Borgin » Friday 8 August 2003 8:18:16pm

Constant *%$@!%^ vigilance! :evil:
Vivian Borgin

Postby Colin » Friday 8 August 2003 9:03:52pm

Emma speaks like a ventriloquist. Seriously, watch the movie again, she speaks as if the audience is deaf and needs to read her lips. Grr, Emma Watson.

I think that quality is why I think she is perfect for the role:) She is wonderful as Hermione.

As stated, Dan is a bit hesitant as Harry, but think about him. 11 years old, with almost no experience and he is cast as the title character in a mega movie series. I think he got more animated in CoS.

At 11, all I could do was read comics:)
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Kaizer » Saturday 9 August 2003 1:36:04am

i didnt really like lupin that much...he was supposed to be more good-looking and sillier

i dunno what was up with Seamus in movie 1 with everthing blowing up in his face all the time...and what was up with that rum part? still it isnt his fault

i think Crabbe and Goyle should have looked meaner and bigger

i really liked Mrs Weasely

Aunt Petunia isnt at all what i would have imagined...she's pretty!

Dudley could have been fatter

lol, i am in a really negative mood today arent i? lol :grin:
Kaizer
Sixth Year

Postby Vivian Borgin » Saturday 9 August 2003 8:06:20pm

Kaizer wrote:i dunno what was up with Seamus in movie 1 with everthing blowing up in his face all the time...and what was up with that rum part? still it isnt his fault

Yeah; I wasn't too crazy about that part, either. That and the "troll boogers" thing. I don't mean to sound like such a snob, but Chris Columbus movies can sometimes grate on my nerves after a while, because his humor/adventure seems (to me) to go a little overboard on the juvenile/slapstick/potty humor factor. What do I know, though? I'm not a director. JMHO.
Vivian Borgin

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies