Remus Lupin

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Postby Morgana » Sunday 27 July 2003 4:15:33am

oh and about the guy playing lupin i'm absoulutly postive that the people in the makeup department will make him look just like lupin, i mean have you SEEN some of the other people out of coustume its like WOW! are you sure thats so and so, oh and slightly off topic the guy playing sirius is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im me for a pic
Morgana
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby littlemissy » Sunday 27 July 2003 4:31:41pm

yeah but Lupin doesn't have a beard or weird hair or anything, so they won't be covering up or changing David's face. Lupin's supposed to just look like a normal person, albeit tired and greying. He'll still look like David Thewlis, and therefore, like a rat!
and Gary Oldman is not hot!!! are you mad?! :eek: ;)
littlemissy
Second Year

Postby AccioNiffler » Sunday 27 July 2003 5:13:27pm

Gary Oldman hot? :-? I guess I'm not really seeing that...

But I think that maybe with all the makeup on costumes on, the Thewlis guy could look like lupin, maybe. it's just that initial picture of him makes me go "ah" because it not a very lupin-esque look.
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Postby Morgana » Monday 28 July 2003 4:14:12am

okay maybe its just me then but i think Gary's sexy :grin: , then again maybe i just found a good picture...hmm whatever i like them both
Morgana
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby AccioNiffler » Tuesday 29 July 2003 12:10:17am

Earlier I said this about Thewlis as Lupin:

AccioNiffler wrote: Maybe once he's in full HP makeup and costume he'll look different? Let's hope so, because I cetainly didnt picture Lupin like that!!

But now, I'd like to take that back. I was just at Mugglenet looking at a gallery of photos from a newsweek article ( http://www.mugglenet.com/poa-newsweek.shtml picture at the very bottem) and I am very disapointed. I think he looks more like a goblin in a business suit than Remus Lupin. Maybe it's just this particular picture or something, but ick. I thought that they might make him look like the Lupin from the 5th book cover because a lot of people relate to that image, but obviously not.
AccioNiffler

Postby Charis » Tuesday 29 July 2003 5:09:18pm

UCK!!! horrible picture! thats more how I imagined wormtail...do you think they could have gotten it wrong and its wormtail not lupin? who wrote those caption thingys anyway?

well, if thats Lupin, lets hope he doesn't look like that for the whol movie. I imagined Sirius pretty mjch like they had him there...maybe a little younger, though...i dunno. and whats up with that tatoo thing on his throat? :-?
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby AccioNiffler » Tuesday 29 July 2003 5:17:55pm

Yea, its like I pictures wormtail, except maybe wormtail would be larger. And the stuff all over sirius's chest and neck... well, there was another picture on that site that showed rupert grint and gary oldman in costume, and there's like these tatto things (they look kind of like scars) all over him. I dont understand, it never said anything about that in the book. Does anyone else think that it looks more like Lupin is wearing a suit rather than robes? Maybe it's just me :-?
AccioNiffler

Postby Marcus Baker » Tuesday 29 July 2003 5:36:17pm

That is EXACTLY how i would think lupin would be, but not sirus. He looks really old...i dont like it.
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Charis » Wednesday 30 July 2003 7:43:25pm

AccioNiffler wrote:Yea, its like I pictures wormtail, except maybe wormtail would be larger. And the stuff all over sirius's chest and neck... well, there was another picture on that site that showed rupert grint and gary oldman in costume, and there's like these tatto things (they look kind of like scars) all over him. I dont understand, it never said anything about that in the book. Does anyone else think that it looks more like Lupin is wearing a suit rather than robes? Maybe it's just me :-?

DEFINITLY a suit. which very much confuzzles me. Lupin never wore muggle clothes that I can think of! always wizard's robes. i thought everyone in the wizard world (besides kids) wore robes because of the whole get up in the world cup chapter in book 4...but in the movies everyone dresses more muggle-like. :-?
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby Marcus Baker » Wednesday 30 July 2003 8:28:33pm

Neither did Hermione. I think they are just practicing...this is not real pics from the movie, just pics of the characters practiing to be filmed.None of them are going to be wearing muggle clothing, this is just what they are wearing that day, but when they are going to be filmed, they will wear robes.
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby AccioNiffler » Wednesday 30 July 2003 9:32:15pm

Marcus Baker wrote:Neither did Hermione. I think they are just practicing...this is not real pics from the movie, just pics of the characters practiing to be filmed.None of them are going to be wearing muggle clothing, this is just what they are wearing that day, but when they are going to be filmed, they will wear robes.

I just relaized this this morning when I was looking at a picture of Hermione and Draco. I was like "What? Why is Hermione dressed like that again, it's a different day? And why isnt anyone in robes?? :-? " Then I was like "Oh! They're rehearsing! I get it now" hehe :lol:
AccioNiffler

Postby littlemissy » Wednesday 30 July 2003 10:33:36pm

I don't think they are rehearsing. From what I've read (on the net and in newspaper) they will mostly be wearing ordinary clothes in the films, sometimes even their own stuff. I think it's just an Alfonso Cuaron thing!!! artistic licence or what have you...
littlemissy
Second Year

Postby Charis » Wednesday 30 July 2003 11:01:57pm

actually, i think they are rehearsing in alot of the newer PoA pictures. i'm not ruling out the possibility of them just wearing muggle clothes alot more, but on a HP news site I went to, when they had a link to the pic of Harry and Hermy in the forest, the news poster said that the reason they were in regular clothes was because they were rehearsing. he sounded pretty assured... not like it was only his guess. who knows, though?

i didn't think about the pic with Lupin in a suit being a rehearsal pic because sirius is all decked out. but *hopefully* it still could be! :)
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby Devinci » Thursday 31 July 2003 1:54:37am

Sirius and Lupin kinda look like butt...

*The intellectual stylings of a hungover beauty*

Sirius looks like he's had a nice big batch of chicken grease dumped on him (poor guy)

And Lupin looks...well, like someone said...wormtail. NOT a good sign...I'd hate to see what wormtails looks like in costume *shudders*
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby Charis » Thursday 31 July 2003 4:18:57am

ok....if The Sun is accurate I'm pretty sure the pics of Remus and gang are actually from the movie! i believe you are right, littlemissy.

The Sun:
"Our amazing stills from the movie show Harry and pals Hermione and Ron adopting a different look as new director Alfonso Cuaron boots out the blazers for a more casual style.

Daniel Radcliffe, 14, who plays Harry, wears a trendy hooded top while Ron, alias 14-year-old actor Rupert Grint, swaps his uniform for a stripy jumper.

Meanwhile Emma Watson, 13, who plays Hermione, transforms herself from boffin to bruiser as she clashes with nasty Draco Malfoy."

yuck!!!!!!
Charis
Lady of the Lake

PreviousNext

Return to Characters