Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6 (poll)

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Explanations You Would Want Revealed by Book 6

Why Peter Pettigrew Betrayed the Potters.
6%
The Connection Between Godric Gryffindor and Godric Hollow.
8%
What the Potters did for Dumbledore during the Dark Lord's first reign.
44%
Everything about the Department of Mysteries.
31%
A hint for a way to kill the Dark Lord.
11%

Total votes : 144

Postby gecko » Monday 7 July 2003 3:25:19pm

What I meant was this. Kneazles have certain physical characteristics, 'spotted fur, large ears, and a lion-like tail'. And Mrs Norris' description is not corresponding with it. : )

So perhaps she isn't a kneazle or only a little bit, just like Crookshank's only part kneazle!
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Blaise Zabini » Monday 7 July 2003 5:09:52pm

I'd formerly supported the theory that Crookshanks was Mrs. Figg in animagus form, but now that Mrs. Figg's identity has been revealed, that one got shot down. Now I'm thinking more along the lines of her/him being just a kneazle. I mean, the cat definitely does have an intuition that I haven't really seen in any of the other animals in the books, thusfar.

And going on what Gwared said, I'd really like to find out more about the houses that the Marauder's were in. Since we learned about the extended Black family an Sirius's ties to the dark arts and Slytherin, I think it's a possibility that he may have been in Slytherin. I can't really recall, but has anything else been said in the books to refute that? Furthermore, Hagrid had said at the beginning of PS that all of the dark wizards had been in Slytherin and Sirius was surely classified under that category at the time, ne? It's generaly assumed that the four Marauder's were all in Gryffindor, but I think there's plenty of evidence to support their being in houses other than that.
Blaise Zabini
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Gwared » Monday 7 July 2003 5:35:13pm

Here's a good link on the 'unknown houses':

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/marauders.html

I would imagine JK's kept it a secret for a very good, suprising, reason. E.g. we know Snape was Slytherin and James bullyed him; whilst tenuous this could imply that he knew him from sharing classes or that one or more members of the group were in Slytherin.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby fra-sirius » Monday 7 July 2003 10:03:30pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Actually, there are some other mysteries that I would like to find out in the next book...
1) why Snape changed back to DD's side
2) how people become ghosts
3) what's the go with Harry and Lily's eyes
4) can Harry use what's behing the locked door in the DoMyst
5) the reason for Voldie giving Peter a silver hand...
6) is voldie really a snake animagus

Hrmm, I could probably go on for ages about the things that I want to know, but I'd prob say that the first three are the ones drivingme mostly insane!!!

that's what i'd like to know too!! :)
but i choose "a way to kill voldie" ....

PS: hi everyone! this is my first post here ;)
fra-sirius
Fourth Year

almost need a prequel

Postby Professor » Monday 7 July 2003 10:13:53pm

I would love to find out more about how things went down with Vodemort's first rise to power. In particular:

1. Tom Riddle's transformation into the Dark Lord
2. The original Order of the Phoenix, including the Potters, the Longbottoms, and the many others alluded to.
3. The Ministry's initial efforts, particularly their deployment of aurors and the like.
Professor
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby gecko » Monday 7 July 2003 10:27:46pm

Hiya Professor and fra-sirius, welcome to BaO !
Professor wrote:I would love to find out more about how things went down with Vodemort's first rise to power. In particular:

2. The original Order of the Phoenix, including the Potters, the Longbottoms, and the many others alluded to.
3. The Ministry's initial efforts, particularly their deployment of aurors and the like.

Ooh, I want to know more about those things too! I also like to know if their is a reason for the fact that Harry and Tom look so much like each other, both have jet-black hair, and they have the same eyes.
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Albus » Wednesday 9 July 2003 4:15:24pm

I think you already found out such many things I want to know !!!
Anyway, I hope (but I'm quite sure of it) we'll know the whole story of Snape. I think he's one of the characters best-defined by JK !!!

Among the ones in the pool, I voted the DoM.

Just about Pettigrew's silver hand... Doesn't silver kill werevolves ???
Will Remus be in trouble ???
Albus
Admirer of Numbers and Watcher of the Stars

Postby Charis » Wednesday 9 July 2003 10:45:56pm

I SINCERELY hope not. as i posted somewhere else (i forget where) i really do not want remus to die!!!! more so than i didnt want sirus to die. please, don't take remus! ok, sorry, i'm done.
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby littlemissy » Monday 14 July 2003 11:06:18pm

Charis, I too would be devastated if Remus died! :cry: I luuuurve him!
I loved Sirius too, but Remus is my favourite and I will cry my eyes out if he is killed off! I don't even want to think about it....
littlemissy
Second Year

Postby FiReBoLt » Tuesday 15 July 2003 1:39:55pm

I doubt Remus will die... or I hope :razz:. it would be too bad if both remus and sirius died in two following books! I hope Lupin becomes the defense against the dark arts professor again! :D
FiReBoLt
Squib

Postby Marcus Baker » Thursday 17 July 2003 5:20:44pm

What i am hoping for is that the Ministry of Magic investegate the department of mysteries, and hopely try to find sirus, and will probally find some other crucial people in the story (like people from the 1st OotP) in the veil. I also think Draco will do something very bad to harry, cuz he imprisoned his father.
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Blueberry » Friday 25 July 2003 9:07:27pm

Lily's eyes and why killed James?
Blueberry
Fourth Year

Postby Supreme Mugwump » Sunday 27 July 2003 11:32:11pm

I want to know about the department of mystries why is it there? what are they trying to figure out ? are just 2 of my many questions. :-?
Supreme Mugwump
Squib

Postby Snape » Monday 28 July 2003 6:48:33pm

i want to now about the potters

no doubt that 4 harry his family was the most important thing and that is obvious

but personally i want thse more......

Professor wrote:
I would love to find out more about how things went down with Vodemort's first rise to power. In particular:

Snape
Squib

Postby HuffleDuck » Thursday 31 July 2003 4:50:57am

I wanna know about everything that every person here had posted. all of their questions are interesting. :razz:
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

PreviousNext

Return to The Books