Which girl would you like to see Harry be with?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Who would you like to see Harry be with?

Hermione Granger, best friend
14%
Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister
44%
Cho Chang, his crush
9%
Luna Lovegood, an unusual Ravenclaw
14%
Parvati Patil, his date for the "Yule Ball"
2%
Someone Not Yet Introduced
12%
No One!
5%

Total votes : 207

Postby Hermione Weasley » Thursday 24 July 2003 8:00:04pm

I agree with you Meg with the whole Harry/ginny thing and the ron/hermione thing. I can totally see harry with ginny b/c when he is going through a rough time she could support him and help him through whatever it is he is having problems with. I mean she did it couple of times in the last book. Ron/Hermione it makes sense b/c they are always fighting like they are married and I noticed that there was a little less fighting so maybe they are starting to relize(s/p) that they may have feelings for each other??
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Marcus Baker » Thursday 24 July 2003 8:24:26pm

I agree with both of you, but ron liking anyone sounds a little wierd, he hasent had an intrest in girls very much in the book, except with fluor
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Dink Meeker » Thursday 24 July 2003 8:30:34pm

I still say Harry will end up with Luna. She has a positive effect on him.

When Harry was all upset about Sirius, he settled down when Luna explained "Well, it's not like we'll never see them again" or something to that effect.

And like Harry, Luna is an outsider and has been exposed to ridicule as well.

IMHO
Dink Meeker
Seeker of the Light

Postby Marcus Baker » Thursday 24 July 2003 8:32:31pm

Maybe, but i really doubt it, i dont see him with luna...she sounds like tuna.. :eek:
It just dosent seem right, i think he would go with ginny, then hermione, then cho...and if not any of them...then luna...
Marcus Baker

Postby TheAmazingBouncingFerret » Thursday 24 July 2003 10:30:44pm

Personally I think Ron will be a little disgruntled if Harry dates Ginny. ("That my little sister!") You saw how Ronnykins acted when he found out about Michale Corner. Think how he'll reacts when Harry dates her. Ron will shift into his protective big brother mode. And it could damage the relationship.
TheAmazingBouncingFerret
Fourth Year

Postby Gwared » Thursday 24 July 2003 10:56:08pm

TheAmazingBouncingFerret wrote:Personally I think Ron will be a little disgruntled if Harry dates Ginny. ("That my little sister!") You saw how Ronnykins acted when he found out about Michale Corner. Think how he'll reacts when Harry dates her. Ron will shift into his protective big brother mode. And it could damage the relationship.

However, on the train at the end of OotP when he found out Ginny had split from Mike, he hinted at Harry that he would like for his sister to date him.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Vivian Borgin » Friday 25 July 2003 1:42:53am

I voted for somebody else. Anybody else. Cho needs some time on her own to learn to cope before getting into a serious relationship. Hermione is his best friend. Ginny is like family. Luna is off on her own private planet. Parvati is shallow and gossipy. Besides, Angry Harry really needs someone with the no-nonsense toughness to tell him exactly how it's gonna be, and not take any sass from him during his mood swings. I vote for Alicia Spinnet! :grin:
Vivian Borgin
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Hermione Weasley » Friday 25 July 2003 3:19:49am

Vivian Borgin wrote:Besides, Angry Harry really needs someone with the no-nonsense toughness to tell him exactly how it's gonna be, and not take any sass from him during his mood swings. I vote for Alicia Spinnet! :grin:

I don't think Ginny is the type of girl that would take any B.S. from Harry i really and truly doubt it. I mean when harry thought he was being possed(s/p). she pretty much just said look your not being possed and that's that and when harry wanted to go alone she wouldn't take and helped back neville up on the whole thing. so i don't thing ginny takes any sass from his mood swings. she pretty much has it under control and i think she could handle going out with harry.much more so than cho or any of the other girls.
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Gwared » Friday 25 July 2003 11:36:31am

Hermione Weasley wrote:
Vivian Borgin wrote:Besides, Angry Harry really needs someone with the no-nonsense toughness to tell him exactly how it's gonna be, and not take any sass from him during his mood swings. I vote for Alicia Spinnet! :grin:

I don't think Ginny is the type of girl that would take any B.S. from Harry i really and truly doubt it. I mean when harry thought he was being possed(s/p). she pretty much just said look your not being possed and that's that and when harry wanted to go alone she wouldn't take and helped back neville up on the whole thing. so i don't thing ginny takes any sass from his mood swings. she pretty much has it under control and i think she could handle going out with harry.much more so than cho or any of the other girls.

I agree with HW, in the last book Ginny wasn't taking any of Harry's excuses and fob-offs. She's becoming a very strong woman...ideal for Harry.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Marcus Baker » Friday 25 July 2003 2:21:04pm

Agree, plus, the ron "big brother" thing will be a good twist if he does date ginny, he will get mad at harry for dating her, and it could add a problem, and i think it would be good for the story.
Marcus Baker

Postby LaceyCrane » Tuesday 29 July 2003 8:40:33pm

I think Harry should be with somebody new. All of the possible pairings have a draw back to them. Hermione and Luna like Ron, Ginny is Rons sister (and he didn't like it when she was dating), Cho is crazy, and Harry doesn't even like Parvati.

I think they should bring in somebody new or somebody that has never been talked about and is in another house. Maybe Slytherin.....
LaceyCrane
Second Year

Postby Marcus Baker » Tuesday 29 July 2003 8:47:37pm

The more i see it, i know harry and hermione will not go out with each other. It would make it unconfortable for ron, and they would have to sit next to each other in classes. They work as good friends, Hermione helping him when he needs it.
Marcus Baker

Postby LaceyCrane » Tuesday 29 July 2003 11:25:17pm

Then it would be uncomfortable for Harry to be around Ron and Hermione if they were going out for the same reasons. I don't think any of the trio should get together at least while they are at school so Ron and Harry's friendship won't be ruined by it. Then at the end they could have Hermione end up with Harry or Ron (there have been hints in the book for both of the pairings).
LaceyCrane
Second Year

Postby Dink Meeker » Wednesday 30 July 2003 2:13:03pm

LaceyCrane wrote:Then it would be uncomfortable for Harry to be around Ron and Hermione if they were going out for the same reasons. I don't think any of the trio should get together at least while they are at school so Ron and Harry's friendship won't be ruined by it. Then at the end they could have Hermione end up with Harry or Ron (there have been hints in the book for both of the pairings).

I don't think that Harry thinks of Hermione as anything more than a very close friend, but there are passages (more so in the last two books) that indicate that Harry understands Ron and Hermione's feelings for each other. I don't think that Ron & Hermione getting together would affect their friendship at all.

Of course if Ron & Hermione ever split up, Harry would be in quite a pickle.
Dink Meeker
Seeker of the Light

Postby Marcus Baker » Wednesday 30 July 2003 2:44:00pm

Haha, ture. I can see Ron flirting with hermione in clases, hermione helping with rons procrastanated work, but not harry. Harry is to..Harry. Ron and Hermione i see in the future..hummm!!!
Marcus Baker

PreviousNext

Return to The Books