Will Harry die?

Have you heard something on the grapevine about Harry and friends? Share it here...go on, let us know too!

Moderators: Q.Araignee, Broccoli, Tanuki

Will Harry die?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes : 117

Postby Neo » Tuesday 24 June 2003 6:49:31am

I understand Holly, I mean now I can't post in theories, because even we are the only ones that keep posting in certain threats I still can't risk to give the slighstest hint (which would be imposible now I have read the book)
Neo
Gryffindor Chaser and The Chosen One

Death

Postby Supreme Mugwump » Thursday 10 July 2003 8:43:43pm

of course harry isn't going to die because these are kids books and yeah teenagers might not care if he dies but younger kids will care and I think that Rowling knows this beacause she has children of her own. :grin:
Supreme Mugwump
Squib

Postby Gwared » Saturday 12 July 2003 2:42:14pm

I voted no, but after reading mint's post and thinking about the thing in OotP I think you have a very good point.

Hmm, but was that another of JK's red herrings?
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Kaizer » Sunday 13 July 2003 6:09:52pm

Dumbledore told Harry that either Voldemort or he [Harry] would have to be murdered by the other one. Now i dont really think JKR would finish the series with a triumph from Voldemort would she? I am pretty sure Harry will live, at least through that. In the event he does die, however, I am sure it would be very noble but i seriously doubt he will. Some people say thats what happens in many other books. Well, JKR doesnt write like anything else I have ever seen. All i can say for sure is that it wont be a boring end to the 7th!
Kaizer
Sixth Year

Postby Marcus Baker » Thursday 24 July 2003 6:42:02pm

i voted i think he will die, even though he would make a great auror.
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Marcus Baker » Thursday 24 July 2003 6:44:21pm

ACUTALLY, I CHANGE MY MIND
he wont die, and he will kill voldemort in the 7th book, but i have a suspicion that dumbledore will die......
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Meg Boyd » Thursday 24 July 2003 7:05:48pm

I really don't want Harry to die, but it could happen. What a way to place him in the memories of everyone as that heroic young man that sacrificed himself to save the world...

Perhaps he will have to kill himself to foil LV...

Who knows...i personally don't think HP books are children books, but allegories...

Yet...in the way i think LV will be defeated, i don't think blood will be shed...but i can't tell you that cuz of book 5, but we'll all get over it won't we????
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby TheAmazingBouncingFerret » Thursday 24 July 2003 11:24:01pm

Well after reading all your guys posts. I have voted no.
There's a unwritten rule stating that authors should not kill off any importain characters Plus it will dampin the series, but id he does die he better go with a BOOM!

Hmmm won't it be ironic if Neville happen to the one thats suppose to kill off Voldie? :lol:
TheAmazingBouncingFerret
Fourth Year

Postby Meg Boyd » Thursday 31 July 2003 3:31:18pm

hmmm...Neville killing off LV...I will post my comments on that else where...muhahahahaha
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Tuima » Thursday 7 August 2003 7:00:30pm

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere how JK said she would continue writing after book VII, but she said she probably wouldn't write about Harry's life after school -- thus implying that he will HAVE a life, that is, not be dead! I can't believe she would kill him, readers would go nuts. And poor little children, and poor little me, would cry and cry :cry: ! I think good will conquer evil, it would be really stupid to just kill Harry and then be like, mwah-hah-hah, LV will now proceed to terrorize the rest of the world! Anyway, the book is told from Harry's P.o.V., so it would be weird to suddenly switch to, say, Hermione's perspective and have her crying over Harry's body... :eek: :cry: . I think the only way Harry will die is if he and Voldemort both die fighting one another.
Tuima
Fourth Year

no!

Postby pinky p » Friday 29 August 2003 10:31:30pm

well, i read in an interview on scholastic.com of jk rowling, and she said that harry wasn't going to die, and that she would write all 7 books, and stop there.

but then, this was after book 3 and before book 4. she could have changed her mind between now and then. :eek:

i certainly hope not!
pinky p
Supreme Pie-Eater, Registered Animagus (Platypus) and Princess of All Pink Grapefruit

Location: either swimming, sleeping, eating, or doing schoolwork... my life these days

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 29 August 2003 10:44:10pm

Pinkprincess, where can I find this interview?...I am very interested and I would like to read it!!!
Meg Boyd

Postby gecko » Saturday 30 August 2003 12:06:24am

Meg, I can't help with the exact interview the princess is talking about, but this site claims to have all the interviews with JKR:
http://www.quick-quote-quill.org/
You can do a search for it! Good luck :) !
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Female_alien » Wednesday 19 November 2003 4:50:49pm

I think he'll die.. :( what kind of end would it be if he doesn't?? And he lived happily ever after? HP books are more than that. And he can't beat Voldermort that easy, he's not strong enough. Without Dumbledore he can't kill him at all
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby Gower » Wednesday 19 November 2003 6:24:23pm

Well I clearly have more faith in Harry than you then... I think Harry might incur some sort of injury or burden from killing Voldemort so that he won't live completely happily forever after. But I hardly think he will die.
Just my opinion :eek:
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

PreviousNext

Return to Rumours