Which girl would you like to see Harry be with?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Who would you like to see Harry be with?

Hermione Granger, best friend
14%
Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister
44%
Cho Chang, his crush
9%
Luna Lovegood, an unusual Ravenclaw
14%
Parvati Patil, his date for the "Yule Ball"
2%
Someone Not Yet Introduced
12%
No One!
5%

Total votes : 207

Postby Gwared » Monday 7 July 2003 11:55:09am

I picked Ginny, but then I've always had a soft spot for red-heads :oops: . :D
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Devinci » Tuesday 8 July 2003 1:39:03am

I think that...the lovin should be left to Ron and Hermione. I don't think harry should...waste his precious time trying to figure out a girl. You see what it did to him in OotP, he was already going mad and the whole Cho scermish almost threw him over the deep end.

Leave poor harry alone... :o
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby Sacred Guardian » Wednesday 9 July 2003 5:36:53am

i think that he should be with cho, i guess it's just cause i like asian girls, oh well
Sacred Guardian
Hufflepuff Prefect, Hufflepuff Chaser and Hogwarts' Master of Secrets

Postby Mint » Wednesday 9 July 2003 2:58:31pm

Anyone but Cho!!

I was so glad when they broke up in the end. Im pretty sure now that they won't get together anymore.
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby zledm007 » Wednesday 9 July 2003 4:36:52pm

I didn't vote for her, and don't really want to see harry w/ her, but what's so bad about cho? she seemed nice enough to me. (well except her random balling outbursts)
zledm007
Divination Teacher and Jazz Master for the Universe

Postby MissGranger » Thursday 10 July 2003 11:33:30am

Ginny. Harry should definately go with Ginny! Then he could be related to Ron in a way. (Which is good) So Ron should go with Hermione. (Which is better) So the three friends would all be related in a way. Before the 5th book, I thought Harry and Cho would fit but Cho is so touchy and sensitive. He gets along with Ginny better. There's only one question left- would romance (if there's going to be any) ruin the whole genre of the book?
MissGranger
Squib

Postby Gwared » Thursday 10 July 2003 11:52:21am

There's definately going to be some romance as JK's confirmed it. What I don't like is that she has said that there are important things highlighted in the films that aren't in the books and in the films Hermione always seems to go for Harry!
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Mint » Thursday 10 July 2003 7:14:20pm

zledm007 wrote:(well except her random balling outbursts)

Yeah, that plus in my eyes she is stuck up and quite selfish. I dont think she ever had any real interest in him or Cedric (because if she did it shouldnt be so easy to get over, I mean it should AT LEAST take her a year!) And to mention Cedric as to keep Harry jealous? huh? (at least thats what happen if we believe Hermoine)

Speaking of Hermoine - Gwared, why are you saing that she goes for Harry in the movies, when she obviously goes for Ron? (get shy around him and everything)

Ginny - I have to agree with ...er..whoever said that she became more interesting after she got over her crush on Harry. She is perfect when she says what she thinks without trying to impress him.

I voted for Harry not having a girl untill after book 7 battle, he has way bigger things to concentrate on.

These conclusions are just my opinions, so no flaming please :D
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby Gypsy » Saturday 12 July 2003 3:29:09pm

I voted for Luna 'cos she's got a quite a bit in common with Harry and I think sge's really cool.
Gypsy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Hermy » Saturday 12 July 2003 5:30:29pm

Ginny is definately the girl for Harry.
I love the way her character is developing throughout the books.
She would compliment Harry well. Remember that she has been possessed by Voldemort, is very closely linked to the Order and is a great Quiddich player.

Hermione and Ron have to get it together though.
:-)
Hermy
Magizoologist

Postby Hermione Weasley » Sunday 13 July 2003 2:04:52am

Kamoku wrote:Ginny. Luna is really annoying... I don't care if she and Harry are similar, because they have NO chemistry. Hermione would work, if it weren't for Ron. The tension is just great between them. I don't want to see a love triangle there... it's not in the spirit of the books. Ginny finally got a personality this book, and I like it. She and Harry could work.

would definately agree with that reasoning. that's why i choose her i mean JK did the thing with Cho and i wanted it to happen with them before this book and it happened it just didn't work but i definately seeing harry and ginny working
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Bimbybecca » Friday 18 July 2003 10:34:08am

I want Harry to get it on with some really gorgeous girl who turns out to be 'the dark lord' that would be a good story line and it would add some good roles to the movie!
Bimbybecca
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Gwared » Friday 18 July 2003 7:58:47pm

Mint wrote:[Speaking of Hermoine - Gwared, why are you saing that she goes for Harry in the movies, when she obviously goes for Ron? (get shy around him and everything)

Sorry for the belated reply, I've only just seen this. She goes for Harry because she fancies Ron. With Harry she is just a friend and therfore friendly intimacy is easier. I've already clarrified this in another thread.
Gwared

Postby Hermione Weasley » Sunday 20 July 2003 4:25:21am

Bimbybecca wrote:I want Harry to get it on with some really gorgeous girl who turns out to be 'the dark lord' that would be a good story line and it would add some good roles to the movie!

I don't know about that b/c it sounds like a plot for a romance novel and thats not what hp books are about but it may be just me
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Meg Boyd » Thursday 24 July 2003 6:35:15pm

I also picked Ginny because I happened to always like her character. Call me crazy but I did. I really liked Ginny's new matured character in the last book however. She's really strong mentally and she's getting to be really powerful physically. She's becoming her own girl, and I like that independent streak that we find in her! I can't see Harry settling down with the normal married life...pipe, slippers, and doting door-mat of a wife...I see him in a non-traditional career (like an auror...) and with a non-traditional career you can't have the normal family life...that's why an independent girl like Ginny would be perfect for him.

Harry always wanted to be part of a family...and he's always been jealous of Ron's large and happt Weasley clan...now if he marries Ginny he'll be a part of the family he's always wished for...and a guaruntee (sp) that he and Ron will be together forever.

As for Ron...its Hermione. You can just tell these kind of things...Ron how ever is being a typical 15-16 year old boy and being oblivious to Hermione's obvious advances...funny how Oblivious and Obvious are so close in spelling, yet so far in meaning??? Boys are dumb and we need to throw rocks at them....arrrrggggggggghhhh, why am i so bitter????

The Luna/Harry thing is interesting I must say...but i don't think I can see it. I don't know why, but i can't. I can see the two becoming really awesome friends however, sharing their experiences and being a potential reason for slytherin's to be making fun of Harry. I mean the boy who lived socializing with the class loon? I'm not saying Luna is a loon, but she has the reputation in school...oooh ooh...perhaps Harry and Luna will be a pair and have a relationship, but it will end when she find someone else, Harry is hurt and in walks in Ginny??? Sorry, had to add it...
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

PreviousNext

Return to The Books