Harry's Career Options

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby Hermy » Saturday 12 July 2003 5:32:58pm

Do you think the DADA teacher would be a wise career move bearing in mind how long they last in the job?

:grin:
Hermy
Magizoologist

Postby Hedwig@TheOwlery.Com » Saturday 12 July 2003 5:44:02pm

Does anyone know the what James Potter did? I'm thinking Harry might follow in his father's footsteps...... if only I knew what those footsteps were....

Hedwig@TheOwlery.com
Hedwig@TheOwlery.Com
Muggle

Postby yasmane » Saturday 12 July 2003 6:01:50pm

If I'm correct, James was an auror.
Well, he was a member of the order of the phoenix, that's for sure.
But I really think he won't be that good as an auror regarding its current marks.
But maybe he's gonna improve during the 2 next years, who knows ?
yasmane
Sixth Year

Postby Gypsy » Saturday 12 July 2003 6:02:08pm

We don't now what Harry's parents jobs were, i don't think. J.K. has said though that James inherited alot of Money from his parents. Maybe that left James free to be whatever he wanted to be, without money worries. a musician maybe?
Gypsy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Shibumi » Sunday 13 July 2003 5:52:44pm

I think longterm Harry will take Dumbledores Position at the school....

Hey Hedwig, That's a cool Email address address.... How did you get that? Is it real or just made up for here?

Shibumi
Shibumi
Muggle

Postby Kaizer » Sunday 13 July 2003 5:55:52pm

i think Harry will become a Defense against the Dark Arts teacher
Kaizer
Sixth Year

Postby Gypsy » Sunday 13 July 2003 8:26:55pm

I think Harry will take over from Dumbledore. I think DD will die because Harry is always noticing how old DD looks, and this suggests to me that DD is nearing the end of his life. Harry would of course be the perfect candidate for Headmaster.

BTW, this is the 1000th post in this forum. Hooray! :-)
Gypsy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Hedwig@TheOwlery.Com » Monday 14 July 2003 6:38:20am

Shibumi,
It's also my real email... www.TheOwlery.com is a email service, which is cool because I don't want to be locked down to my isp's email. I didn't have any problem getting hedwig, but that was about 6 months ago.

If dumbledore does die, he can always be a mentor to harry via those portraits...
Hedwig@TheOwlery.Com
Muggle

Postby Ju-DedoH » Monday 14 July 2003 11:56:40am

yeah, but harry head master of hogwarts aged 18 ... i don't think so, maybe later in his life so I don't think he will be the direct successor of DD
Ju-DedoH
Hufflepuff Prefect, Divination Teacher and Sgt. Pepper

Postby June » Monday 14 July 2003 1:02:52pm

Just to say that Rowling has confirmed that Harry won't stay on at Hogwarts to become a professor... so him becoming the Headmaster is almost impossible, I should think... unless, of course, one can become a Headmaster without becoming a Professor first...
June
Lady in White

Postby Gypsy » Monday 14 July 2003 2:07:58pm

Oh i didnt know she had said that thanks June. On to my next idea, I now think,on re-reading, that Harry, if he isnt dead, will definately become an auror for two reasons. Firstly, McGonagalls' promise to help him become one. She will definitely help him just to spite our dear friend Dolores.
Also, i think that JK has made it so that the sublects that are needed to become an auror are the most fundamental subjects. By doing this Harry will be forced to chose these subjects, and so JK will be able to continue describing Potions, Charms,Transfiguration and DADA lessons, that have always been the most important.
Gypsy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Gwared » Monday 14 July 2003 2:59:51pm

Yeah, JK's always kept those lessons at the forefront along with herbology which I think we'll still see a lot of due to Neville, and Care of magical creatures because of Hagrid (especially as now they may move on to the more dark creatures that Voldermort wil recruit to his side!).
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby yasmane » Monday 14 July 2003 5:31:29pm

I totally agree with you, I cannot see Harry staying in hogwarth and the idea of him becoming a teacher or replacing DD seem to mes completly absurd.
Anyway, concerning the auror issue, i really don't know if Harry has the capacity to become one. Wait and see.
yasmane
Sixth Year

Postby ElijahRain » Monday 14 July 2003 6:10:22pm

In order to become and Auror, don't you have to have your NEWT in potions? Harry can't move on in potions unless he got an outstanding in his OWLs. Which, if I'm not mistaken, would be a minor miracle.
ElijahRain
Second Year

Postby Ju-DedoH » Monday 14 July 2003 6:53:14pm

yes but snape is part of the order ... so other members might force him to take harry (like mc gonnagal)
Ju-DedoH
Hufflepuff Prefect, Divination Teacher and Sgt. Pepper

PreviousNext

Return to The Books