Next Year's Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Colin » Wednesday 25 June 2003 9:03:45pm

Each year, the DaDa professor has been quite strange. I see no reason why Book 6 would be any different.
.6hote for Dumbledore's Brother :)
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Colin » Wednesday 25 June 2003 9:05:29pm

No edit button? I am doomed.

Above, I meant I vote for Dumbledore's Brother.
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby __penguin__ » Tuesday 1 July 2003 5:23:33am

dumbledore's... what? he has a brother? i hope the DaDa teacher is somebody whos never been mentioned before, as usual. Thats one of the things i always look forward to most when a new book comes out, is who the DaDa teacher is gonna be, but if she hints on who it is its no fun! :razz:
__penguin__
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby choki » Tuesday 1 July 2003 11:17:08am

In either way, the new DADA teacher can only be
(a) A very cool teacher like Remus
(b) A very mean teacher like Umbridge

guess there isn't much choice left
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Violet » Tuesday 1 July 2003 11:27:44am

I would like to see Lupin return to the position of DaDA teacher. and i think that it mayb more possible, i mean through OoTP no-one believed DD but now faith in him has been restored, and possibly even improved. so i think that people may trust his judgement on a DaDA teacher under the circumstances.
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby Fafnul Black » Tuesday 1 July 2003 12:50:20pm

Possibly, all of the Phoenix lot will have plenty of things to do, so they might be doing "practical DaDA" rather than teaching. Snape does seem to have time to teach, though, whatever he is doing for the Order. But Lupin looked quite busy in book 5 ...
Fafnul Black
Fourth Year

Postby Violet » Tuesday 1 July 2003 3:35:24pm

Fafnul Black wrote:Possibly, all of the Phoenix lot will have plenty of things to do, so they might be doing "practical DaDA" rather than teaching. Snape does seem to have time to teach, though, whatever he is doing for the Order. But Lupin looked quite busy in book 5 ...

that is true, but i certainly think that this year dumbledore wants to get in a compitent teacher, and mayb harry will carry on running the DA as a side thing. that way all the students will be much better equipped to deal with the Dark Arts.
I have a feeling that Snape is pretending to be a spy for Voldermort which is why he has time to carry on teaching at Hogwarts.
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby HuffleDuck » Wednesday 2 July 2003 2:32:36am

:-? The job really is a curse. No teacher had lasted longer than a year. Much of hope for Lupin returns, but i wanna some more new characters. Doesn't matter if they are nasty or have personality like poison venom :razz: it'll be fun :lol:
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby Voldemort » Wednesday 2 July 2003 5:07:07am

This may sound wierd, but perhaps Dumbledore will get the DADA. He might feel that at this time, with the Second War happening, that he needs a reliable teacher that can teach them real DADA. Who more reliable than Dumbledore?
Voldemort
Second Year

Postby 2F2Type_R » Monday 7 July 2003 12:42:27pm

not bad.... not bad at all :grin:

i like that... Dumbledore teaching DADA
2F2Type_R
Quidditch Commentator

Postby Gwared » Monday 7 July 2003 1:12:11pm

APWBD wrote:I've heard that rumor too, but I'm not sure if its true or just speculation. The whole Remus/Rhomulus (spell check?) thing comes from Greek Mythology. The two boys were brothers who were adopted by a she-wolf and the name of Rome comes from their names. I don't think that JK Rowling will do the whole brother thing from mythology, but it'd be cool if she did.

Roman mythology surely then? Also in the myth Rhomulus kills Remus for making fun of his walls around; Rome stating they're not high enough!

It may be DD's brother as he was brought up but she's had unknowns every year so far...why change?
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Sacred Guardian » Monday 7 July 2003 6:43:48pm

i'm hoping for tonks or shacklebolt, but i think that it will be someone new
Sacred Guardian
Hufflepuff Prefect, Hufflepuff Chaser and Hogwarts' Master of Secrets

imbalance of power

Postby Professor » Monday 7 July 2003 10:37:44pm

Harry could never be DADA teacher during his schooling. The imbalance of power would be extreme, worse even then Umbridge's little squad running amok with the power to give and take points. I'd much rather it be a new character, perhaps someone with a connection to Lily Potter, now that we've gotten to know all of James' best friends.
Professor
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby fra-sirius » Tuesday 8 July 2003 4:02:52pm

sorry for my question, but .... when it's said that dumbledore has a brother?

the theory about lupin's brother could work ... it's very interesting!
i don't think it will snape next DADA teacher .... dumbledore trusts him, but not so much for giving him this important task
fra-sirius
Fourth Year

Postby gecko » Tuesday 8 July 2003 4:15:59pm

This is the lexicon's entrance on Dumbledore, Aberforth:

Dumbledore's slightly odd brother who may or may not be able to read (GF24) Member of the Order of the Phoenix, a mysterious fellow. Moody says he only met him once and called him a "strange bloke." (OP9)

You'll see certain chapters of books between parentheses, that's where you'll find the things about Aberforth in the books ! :Þ
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

PreviousNext

Return to Theories