he is not dead !!!!!!!

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

he is not dead !!!!!!!

Postby chandoba » Sunday 29 June 2003 5:47:32am

so guys,, there are some questions about the death..

1) what is the motive of his death

this death has nothing to do with the confirmation of Voldemort's return to the world, rather min. of magic, i would say(Coz fudge was least botherd).though now he agrees with Dumbledor about voldie's return, he still thinks that Black is guilty and hiding somewhere else.
and Blacks name will not be cleared unless and untill Wormtail is cought and tells everything.

2) the way he died(??)

Bellatrix DID NOT kill sirius ....... he was hit by a stunning spell(red one), that means if he is really killed, then it must have been by fallen into that stupid veil.
but you can't die just because you have fallen.... not atleast sirius.... he is the major character... third book is totally based on him.. after getting so much of coverage, he dies like a stupid man,,, no way
if jkr really wanted him to kill , she should have written that he sacrified his life to save harry or just simply killed by avada kedavara in a duel with belltrix, not by falling in that veil.

now the question is... why he has not returned

simple answer ... he is trapped ,,,bbut still alive!!!!!!!

so there comes the plot for the next book.....
harry must enter into that veil and some how rescue him
alone or with the help of somone(not dumbledor this time but with somebody else!!!!) and there again comes the character of LUNA LOVEGOOD. She knows about it..and she will play big role in the next book(the way jkr has introduced her.. i mean she was not atall in previous books and suddenly she becomes the major character..(what about then potter-lovegood pair)

so cheer up and wait for the next one

ps:: the veil is the boundry bettween living and dead world.. no body knows how to come out of it... (remeber lupin stops harry) but harry mmust find out the way and he will
chandoba
Muggle

Postby Holly Golightly » Sunday 29 June 2003 6:13:46am

I dont' know... JK has said before that people who die wont' come back... I mena, he might be able to communicate with him a little, like Harry did with his parent's echo's in Bk4, but Sirius will not be coming back... (I dont' think anyway)

I do wonder what Fudge's reaction will be now though, as there is no body to confirm that Black is dead... also, now that he believes Hary and DD, does that mean that we will believe them about Sirius not being a DE too? :-?
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby Violet » Sunday 29 June 2003 12:27:00pm

well i have to agree with holly, i cant personally see sirius coming back. i think that once JK has killed someone off she doesn't have them coming back left right and center. while harry may have some contact with sirius, he wont be back in the conventional sorta way.
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby Malachim » Sunday 29 June 2003 2:58:41pm

I agree with both Holly and Violet.

I do think that this still leaves the possibliity of Harry needing to find safe passage through the veil and back.
Malachim
Second Year

Postby gecko » Sunday 29 June 2003 3:04:17pm

It's interesting to see how that will develop. How can you enter the world of the dead and come out of it alive? That will require some awesome magic I guess.

Maybe there's a painting of him somewhere so he and Harry can talk there? I mean all those old Headmasters of Hogwarts were dead too and yet they lived in their paintings..
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Violet » Sunday 29 June 2003 3:09:06pm

gecko wrote:It's interesting to see how that will develop. How can you enter the world of the dead and come out of it alive? That will require some awesome magic I guess.

Maybe there's a painting of him somewhere so he and Harry can talk there? I mean all those old Headmasters of Hogwarts were dead too and yet they lived in their paintings..

Maybe harry will find someone of passing through the veil and back, u know some way of preventing him from getting stuck in the world of the dead.
i think that is a good idea about the paintings, however to what extent the painting represents the persons character i dont know. i'm quite intrigued to find out how and why people manage to stay alive in the paintings, or whether the person in the painting is simply the artists interpretation of the person?
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby gecko » Sunday 29 June 2003 3:19:08pm

Yeah. Is the person in the painting somehow connected to the afterlive beyond the veil? And what if a painting is made say when someone is 30, and the person lives to be 130. Does the person in the painting age also, or does it not. And will it aquire the knowledge the living person also aquires? Or are paintings only 'living' when the painted is beyond the veil? It would be cool if we'd find out in the next book.
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby HuffleDuck » Sunday 29 June 2003 3:35:17pm

:???: Well, I agree for one thing is that Sirius wasn't killed by Bellatrix... That's why i have wondering what's that place beyond the veil.. In her book she keeps using the word veil in few chapters....

AS much as i hope for Sirius to be alive, :) But JK says so herself that Sirius is dead.....

I wonder if JK actually trying to make us believe that he's dead and on the next 2 book, he actually is still alive and came back...... :grin: That wold be a big suprise. :grin: :grin: A very big suprise....

:lol: :razz:
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby Violet » Sunday 29 June 2003 3:49:21pm

Friendsforever wrote:I wonder if JK actually trying to make us believe that he's dead and on the next 2 book, he actually is still alive and came back...... :grin: That wold be a big suprise. :grin: :grin: A very big suprise....

:lol: :razz:

i unfortunately dont think so!
i've said this in a lot of posts now but i really do think that sirius is dead, and that's that. no coming back to life. mayb occasional forms of contact with harry, but really nothing big.
i do wonder if harry looked in the mirror of erised now if he'd still see his parents, or if he'd see sirius?
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby littlelib » Sunday 29 June 2003 6:34:24pm

I'm afraid i agree with Violet. I dont think Sirius will be coming back - not as a ghost or anything. It would be great if Harry could make contact with him though because he has lost his father figure.
littlelib
The Giver Of Names

Postby tonksfan » Sunday 6 July 2003 12:46:21pm

Disregarding what JK has said in interviews, all we know from the books is that sirius passed, still alive, through the veil and didn't come out the other side.

Surely his body must have gone somewhere. I realise that the story is based in a magical world where anything is possible, but I can't believe siruius is dead for certain until I see a body without a pulse.
tonksfan
Squib

Postby 2F2Type_R » Sunday 6 July 2003 5:37:29pm

aaaand... no one's told us exactly what that arch is yet :grin:

all I know is that Harry and Luna can hear voices from it...

if Rowling truly killed off Sirius (and wanted us to accept it) then she would have made his death a lot more apparent (e.g. Cedric, Buckbeak, Tom Riddle, Crouch Jr.)

--- mysterious voices and not a single explanation of the arch isn't how Rowling kills off characters =)
2F2Type_R
Quidditch Commentator

Postby zledm007 » Monday 7 July 2003 1:46:48am

very true 2fast2type. i was waiting the entire book to find out who dies, and once i got there, it was like. "is he really dead" cause it wasn't that big of a deal. and you're very right, all the other deaths have been big ordeals, and this was really quick and not a big deal at all. and another little tidbit of info on sirius. the actor who's playing him in the movies (sorry i don't know his name) is signed on for 3 films (3, 4, and 5 obviously) but there is a "clause" in his cantract so he could be called back for the later ones. i don't know if this really means anyting but it does tell us that he's not for surely gone. there's still hope anyway.
zledm007
Divination Teacher and Jazz Master for the Universe

Postby 2F2Type_R » Monday 7 July 2003 11:51:28am

oOoHh... do u have a link to that bit of news, zledm???
2F2Type_R
Quidditch Commentator

Postby zledm007 » Monday 7 July 2003 2:25:00pm

sorry, i don't. it was something one of my friends told me. he's really into movies and stuff so he's pretty dependable, no official link or anything. sorry. he should be joining the forum soon though, i'll have him talk to you as soon as he does. :D
zledm007
Divination Teacher and Jazz Master for the Universe

Next

Return to The Books