Potential Future Death in Book 6 or 7 (spoilers)

Have you heard something on the grapevine about Harry and friends? Share it here...go on, let us know too!

Moderators: Q.Araignee, Broccoli, Tanuki

Potential Future Death in Book 6 or 7 (spoilers)

Postby Lizzy Bennet » Thursday 26 June 2003 1:22:15pm

It sure is hard to think of creative titles that won't possibly spoil anyone! :razz: :lol:

Anyway, I read somewhere (that doesn't mean it's true!) that in one of the two future books, 'a Weasley will die'. The only reason I see any possible truth in that would be the experience that Mrs. Weasley had with the boggart, in book 5: when she went through all her children laying on the floor, dead. It seems to me J.K. Rowling rarely takes the time to explain something in detail without it having some significance later on (i.e. the family tree at Black's house, learning about Kreacher, the foreshadowing with the veil, the introduction of Luna, etc.). I just have this bad feeling that the boggart scene might be foreshadowing for things to come.

I seem to remember J.K. Rowling saying, somewhere, that she wouldn't kill off the trio (or maybe that was just for book 5!). So, I don't think the 'Weasley that will die' (again, not definite!) would be Ron. As other posters have pointed out when we speculated on book 5's death, Ginny has nearly lost her life once in book 2, so I don't think it'd be her. This leaves:

Charlie in Romania
Bill who works at Gringotts Bank
Fred or George who now run Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes
Percy who works for the Ministry of Magic

We really don't know a lot about Bill or Charlie, so I don't know if that would be an impacting death. It could be Percy, making amends with his family only to die soon afterwards, but would the reader feel impacted by Percy's death? Don't get me wrong--a death is a death, and really, Sirius wasn't making himself all too well liked in book 5, and his death still hit people hard.

It could be one of the twins--given their close connection, that would come as a real blow. I wonder if J.K. Rowling won't make 'the war' personal for the Weasley family as she has done for Harry and for Neville. What are your thoughts? If anyone can quote the information I've shared or sees something that needs to be corrected, by all means, do so! Some of it is my own speculation . . . personally, I hope *no* Weasleys die! Oh, and one last thing I left out Mr. and Mrs. Weasley! Mr. Weasley was almost fatally wounded in book 5, so I don't think he'd be killed, but what about Mrs. Weasley? I had her pegged as the death in book 5, and I wasn't looking forward to that. Thoughts?
Lizzy Bennet
Angel of Music and Giver of Hugs

Postby Fafnul Black » Thursday 26 June 2003 1:47:52pm

I took the boggart's part to mean that Mrs Weasley REALLY cares for her children. She was rather rough to them just before, denying them the right to know what was going on, so the boggart encounter just after somehow took the edge off her, no ? Like every mother (well, perhaps not Mrs Black :razz: ), she is afraid for her kids when Voldemort roams outside (well, lurks, more so, in book 5 at least). Especially since her family is at the front line.

Of course, that is not a life insurance for the Weasleys :(
Fafnul Black
Fourth Year

Postby Charis » Saturday 28 June 2003 4:06:44am

if a weasley dies, i think it would most likely be one of the twins, or percy. Bill and charlie are good choices, too, but like someone said their chracters haven't been developed quite enough for it to have a big impact.

i think with percy, he would die suddenly realizing he'd chosen the wrong side or something cheesy like that lol. with one of the twins, who knows?? i personally think, though, that JK would do better to kill off both of them rather than one of them. i mean, they've always been together, when have we seen them doing something separate from the other? if one died and one lived, the thing that would make me saddest would be seeing the one without the other. it makes me almost cry just thinking about it! well...not really...but that sounds better :D
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby werebane » Saturday 28 June 2003 1:54:02pm

I agree that the boggart means that she cares. i think that she will sacrifice herself for one of the other weasleys
werebane
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby AccioNiffler » Wednesday 2 July 2003 5:52:52pm

If Mrs. Weasley cares enough to sacrifice her life for her own children, then maybe she WILL be the one to die :cry: I really hope not though, because I love Mrs. Weasley :)
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Postby gecko » Wednesday 2 July 2003 11:39:05pm

I dunno, but somehow there's something in Percy I like. Yes, he was stubborn, and irritating at the least, but he had character to follow his thought or Fudge's thoughts, I don't think that has been easy for him, even though he pretended it wasn't. His death would shock me, and it would shock the whole Weasley familiy despite the things he's done.

But, maybe, the whole lot lives to the end, and they'll be a happy family. Adding more deaths would not necessarily be the highway to a better story!
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby HuffleDuck » Thursday 3 July 2003 12:38:57am

:-? Let's just hope it's not Mrs. Weasly, i liked her more than Percy. I just hope that she and Mr.Weasly will live through the 6th book. :(

:angel:
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby Voldemort » Thursday 3 July 2003 11:09:07pm

I think it will be a Weasley, or Lupin. Just because Lupin is the last of the gang of Sirius, James and Lupin.
Voldemort
Second Year

Postby Charis » Thursday 3 July 2003 11:28:54pm

i don't know...it seems to me that maybe thats why JK might keep Lupin around? Harry needs someone that was close to his father around... and besides DD Lupin is really the only one left. I really hope she doesn't kill off Lupin...I could handle sirius, but Lupin too?! i hope not! :eekie:
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby choki » Friday 4 July 2003 8:05:08am

i dun think JK would be so "cruel" to kill off Lupin...he is almost everyone favourite...esp mine.
If Lupin is gonna end up dead, i will be so....sad for days....
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby littlemissy » Monday 14 July 2003 11:48:32pm

I'm another one who'd be devastated if Lupin died.
Kill Hagrid if you want, but not Remus!!!!!!!!! :eek:

(I love Hagrid, I don't want him to die, just showing how much I love lupin!)
littlemissy
Second Year

Postby fra-sirius » Friday 18 July 2003 11:14:02am

no, please!!!!!!!!! no more deaths!!!!!!!! or at least ... not a weasley (maybe except for percy ... ), not hagrid and absolutely NOT remus!!!!!!!!
fra-sirius
Fourth Year

Postby Violet » Friday 18 July 2003 12:27:41pm

fra-sirius wrote:no, please!!!!!!!!! no more deaths!!!!!!!! or at least ... not a weasley (maybe except for percy ... ), not hagrid and absolutely NOT remus!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with you there, not necassarily no more deaths, but not any more of the really like characters. It really sux that sirius is dead, and well it wouqld be totally horrible if Remus died too. i dont want any of the weasleys to die but if any of them had to i think it should be either srthur or percy. i personally dont like arthur as much as the rest of the family, and well the fact that i dislike percy needs no explanation!
Hagrid i could handle, but still wouldn't like, hes really funny and has always been really great to harry.
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby hoopsmaster88 » Sunday 20 July 2003 11:01:47pm

my guess is that hagrid will be the next to go. i don't think this would be terribly bad for everyone to handle b/c he's not a real vital piece to the story, but he's important enough where people care about him.
hoopsmaster88
Head of Muggle Games and Sports and Landlord of The Three Broomsticks

Postby fra-sirius » Monday 21 July 2003 8:39:05am

why should hagrid die????
fra-sirius
Fourth Year

Next

Return to Rumours