Harrys godmother

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby zledm007 » Tuesday 1 July 2003 6:49:37pm

of course, after what the members of the order said to the dursleys at the end of ootp, maybe he will start to get treated more like areal person, and get more out of the house/family than just shelter and a place to simply survive. maybe now they will actually start to treat him like a son. well, it is a long shot, but there are so many new questions about petunia that who knows what's gonna happen.
zledm007
Divination Teacher and Jazz Master for the Universe

Postby Enchanter » Thursday 3 July 2003 3:32:18am

Right now i think things r pointing to Petunia
Enchanter
Sixth Year

Home and School Life

Postby highsorcerer » Thursday 3 July 2003 9:33:51am

Actually, the trend is very clear over the books. Every year, Harry's home life gets a little better. He escaped to the Burrow in CoS, was allowed to use Hedwig in PoA (plus spent part of his vacation in the Leaky Cauldren), had the threat of Sirius to hold over the Dursley's in GoF (which led to his early escape to The Burrow and the Quidditch World Cup), and had an almost normal summer in OotP until rescued by the OotP. Now the OotP have conveyed a message to the Dursley's with enough firepower to back it up.

On the other side, his school life has gotten progressively worse. He didn't have much to worry about except Snape and Malfoy in SS (PS). He was accussed of setting the creature on the school in CoS, had to deal with the threat of Sirius (and the story of what he supposedly did to both his parents and to 13 innocent people), dementors, and Trewlany in PoA. In GoF he dealt with Ron not speaking to him, dragons, merpeople, Barty Crouch, Jr., and Voldemort. In OotP he dealt with a smeared reputation, a vindictive DADA teacher, getting kicked off the Quidditch team, a link to Voldemort, death eaters, Sirius's death, and the ramifications of the prophecy.

The trend is likely to continue. He has OotP protection over the next summer holiday, and after that he'll turn 17 and be a legal adult, able to use magic outside of school. On the other side, Voldemort will be openly active, and it will come down to a final showdown between Harry and Voldemort.
highsorcerer
Department of Mysteries Unspeakable and Registered Animagus (Parrot)

Postby chiapetdiz » Friday 4 July 2003 4:41:24am

:eek:

the thought of harry's godmother never even crossed my mind before. i think that it would have been one of lily's friends or petunia.

it's obvious (to me :o ) that petunia is hiding something from vernon, and this just might be it!

but then again, we don't know who lily was friends with. and it's also possible that they didn't trust anybody enough for that job.
chiapetdiz
Second Year

Postby Sacred Guardian » Friday 4 July 2003 4:14:39pm

two things, first to choki, mrs. weasley is a member of the OotP, and second, i don't know who said it, but someone said that lupin is the only person left who was close to lilly and james, this is not true, dumbledore was as well, but i don't think that he will go to dumbledore, b/c of the thing with his blood that dumbledore mentioned seeing as how he needs to be on privet drive, and i like the idea that summers get better, and school gets worse, also, i just remembered, harry is about to turn 16, not 17
Sacred Guardian
Hufflepuff Prefect, Hufflepuff Chaser and Hogwarts' Master of Secrets

Postby choki » Friday 4 July 2003 4:50:49pm

really? she's in the order? maybe i didn't read carefully...
but my ideal guardian is still Mrs Weasley rather than Remus...i dunno how to explain but i guess it will suit Harry more...
Remus could be playin a role as a close friend to Harry
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby redhead2531 » Saturday 5 July 2003 1:51:42am

how come no one thought of dumbledore? not as his godmother obviously but remember his "flaw in the plan"? he cared about harry too much. now i dont think harry is going to live with him or anything but he will probably be the one to pick who will be harry's guardian or atleast drop in at the dursleys
redhead2531
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby zledm007 » Saturday 5 July 2003 2:27:19am

umm..."wereing" was supposed to be were... my bad. i think i was thinking of keeping and threw an "ing" t the end of were... oops.
zledm007

Postby Gwared » Saturday 5 July 2003 7:24:46pm

OK, this may be a vicious rumour but I heard somewhere that JK talked about special use of magic.

This involved a muggle with some magical talent (i.e a witch or wizard really) that hasn't been trained (i.e been to Hogwarts or similar) using magic in extreme circumstances (kinda like Harry in early book 1). Also it stated that this person would be an adult.

Now, I found the person who best fitted this description to be Petunia as I believe she's hiding something in which case book 6 could be VERY interesting! :D
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Enchanter » Saturday 5 July 2003 10:37:40pm

very interesting
Enchanter
Sixth Year

Postby zledm007 » Sunday 6 July 2003 2:24:18am

i just thought of something quite interesting and posted about it in the characters forum, but thought it had relevence here as well. both of harry's gaurdians (james and sirius) were of the original 4 "marauders" now the only one left that could fill the role is remis lupin.
zledm007

Postby Meg Boyd » Sunday 6 July 2003 4:01:15am

I think Lupin would be a stand-up character for Harry's guardian in the light of recent events...it would be super neato if Lupin could be his new guardian legally...but i doubt if the ministry gives guardianship to werewolves...but i'm sure Lupin will take a front seat in the mentor area...I mean he was kinda his mentor before Harry met sirius during book 3...perhaps, Lupin could give Harry more insight on the behavior of James and the mannerisms of Lily...and more info on Snape. I'm sure this on going mentorship will be the dawn of more resolutions and twists to the already gargantuian plot
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

godmother

Postby hpfan4life » Monday 7 July 2003 10:51:42pm

Dumbledore told petunia to keep harry, that was established at the end of ootp. but if keeping harry would cause mortal danger to her family, there is no reason for her to obey the orders of some old man she thinks is crazy anyway. i think that lily made petunia harry's godmother, and now petunia feels she's obligated by blood to keep harry.
hpfan4life
Squib

Postby Albus » Tuesday 8 July 2003 8:09:13pm

Well, I think aunt Petunia is the most probable...
But what about Neville's mother ?
Albus
Admirer of Numbers and Watcher of the Stars

Postby gecko » Tuesday 8 July 2003 8:31:55pm

Neville's mother is in St Mungo's with her memory devastated by Bellatrix Lestrange, so, tragically as it is, Harry would not have much use of her as a godmother. He needs someone who can help him deal with his problems,not someone who has trouble recognising her own son. Of course, it could be that she is his godmother. And after all, he has handled difficult situations for 5 years now, so he could cope with this one too.
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

PreviousNext

Return to Theories