Voldmorts Ghost

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Voldmorts Ghost

Postby Enchanter » Monday 30 June 2003 3:13:05pm

If voldemort died would he decide to become a ghost because he seems frightened of death? And when he tried to kill harry the first time could he have died and become a ghost
Enchanter
Sixth Year

Postby zledm007 » Monday 30 June 2003 6:03:08pm

i don't think he fully died when he tried to kill harry. i think that the spell backfired, but not to it's full strangth. kinda likehow hermoine didn't die, but he got hit a little harder. as for the death thing, i don't think he's really afraid of death, he just believes there's nothing worse than it. just because something is the worst thing in the world, it doesn't make it scary, well not neccasarily anyway.
zledm007
Divination Teacher and Jazz Master for the Universe

Postby Hermione Weasley » Monday 30 June 2003 9:50:28pm

yeah i don't think voldie is afraid of death either
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Enchanter » Monday 30 June 2003 10:32:19pm

in ootp at the end Dumbledore says that killing LV would not satisfy him. Could LV returning as a ghost be why?[/quote]
Enchanter
Sixth Year

Postby zledm007 » Tuesday 1 July 2003 4:36:55am

that's a good thought, but what could he do as a ghost anyway?

well, and DD also said there are things worse than death, so that's probly what he wants for dear old Voldy. and also, for that to be the reason i think DD would have to fear voldy, and quite frankly, i don't think he does, after all, to DD he's only Tom Riddle.
zledm007

Death

Postby jonny5 » Tuesday 1 July 2003 7:55:46am

I think Dumbledore has a Dementor's Kiss in mind for Voldemort. It seems that Lupin is very like Dumbledore in mind and thought, and he kind of implied in the 3rd book that the Kiss was the worst thing in the magic world -- Can't say i dissaggree
jonny5
Squib

Postby Violet » Tuesday 1 July 2003 11:09:17am

I think that voldermort is scared of dieing. i mean he has spent so much time trying to come back to power, rather than just letting himself die. he drank the unicorn blood in order to come back,and as hagrid said u only live a half life for slaying something so pure.
i think that he doesnt care how he exists in this world, just that he does.
however i dont know if JK would let him come back as a ghost, mayb she'd want it to be the end of him completely once he is dead.
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby zledm007 » Tuesday 1 July 2003 6:54:45pm

i still don't think he fears it he just views it as the worst thing in the world. i mean, if there was something that was the worst thing that could ever happoen to me, i would surely do everything i could to stay away from it. i think that's what voly was doing when he drank the unicorn blood. it wasn't that he was afraid of death, just that he'd want anything else for himself but death. for example, sirius was obviously not afraid of death and he didn't view it as that bad of a thing. because of this he didn't resist it so much. as for voldy, it's the last thing he wants in the world, but that doesn't mean he's afraid of it.
zledm007

Postby Enchanter » Tuesday 1 July 2003 6:58:23pm

i sill think he is afraid of death. i would be afraid of the thing i thought was the worst
Enchanter
Sixth Year

Postby TDM » Tuesday 1 July 2003 8:15:33pm

well, if voldy isn't human, he can never die, right? DD said so himself. so a dementor's kiss would be the only solution, right? but the dementors are on his side, technically...
TDM
Owner of Salamence's Wand Shop and Ravenclaw Seeker

Postby __penguin__ » Tuesday 1 July 2003 9:33:37pm

i wonder what would happen if you put a boggart in front of voldemort?
__penguin__
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Enchanter » Tuesday 1 July 2003 10:24:54pm

i was just thinkin the same thing penguin
Enchanter
Sixth Year

Postby Holly Golightly » Saturday 12 July 2003 6:45:41pm

Maybe we will find out... after all, I dont' think that the Boggarts have played out their entire part in HP!!!

ALlo, I don't think that Voldie is scared of death i nthe sense taht he is afraid to die... I think the reason taht he doesnt' want to die is because then he woudl no longer have power, and be able to do things like torture muggles etc etc that he can do alive...

And with the spell thing, I think that it did rebound at full potency, and the reason taht Voldie didnt' die properly was due to all the precautions that he took against dying, that he was telling the DE's about at the end of GOF... no?
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby Gwared » Saturday 12 July 2003 9:14:56pm

__penguin__ wrote:i wonder what would happen if you put a boggart in front of voldemort?

Dumbledore???
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Hermione Weasley » Sunday 13 July 2003 12:46:31am

i don't think voldie's boggart would turn into dd I think maybe someone who made it impossible for him to continue with his plans about 16 or so years ago??maybe hp. but that would be so "cliched" as some people in this forum love to put right?? yea but it probably wont be that either i don't think we know enough of voldie to understand could possibly be a form that a boggart could take that would scare him.
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Next

Return to Theories