Cho Chang

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Postby Lunatech » Saturday 28 June 2003 2:49:35am

i dont like the way the artist drew her on the chapter illustrations. ;)
she looks thin and malnourished. JKR must be a racist!

jk.
Lunatech
Fourth Year

Postby werebane » Saturday 28 June 2003 2:52:45am

really
werebane
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby choki » Saturday 28 June 2003 9:00:42am

Cho Chang is a chinese name right?
The illustrator maybe thinks the all chinese girls look like Disney's Mulan... :lol:
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby AccioNiffler » Saturday 28 June 2003 3:03:45pm

I have to say, I was a little disaopointed with the way the whole Cho thing was handled. I mean I was way happy :D for Harry when they kissed upderthe mistletoe, but as the book went on, we all kind of found out how shallow she is. I wish that there had been something more to the way they stopped talking though. I was very angry when at the end of the book she was going out with someone else. But oh well, i guess that's the type of person she is
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Postby Charis » Saturday 28 June 2003 5:46:54pm

yeah, it was good that Harry got over Cho, though, i mean, she didn't exactly handle herself very well. i doubt we'll be seeing the last of her though, but i hope there's not going to be anymore romantic stuff going on b/w them.
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby Blaise Zabini » Saturday 28 June 2003 7:29:45pm

Ahem. As Lizzy mentioned I have some...feeling for Cho. Bad ones. I guess that her being with Harry was cute, but I'm glad that it ended, and truly hope that she doesn't re-appear as his significant other in the next books. She was really a horrid person. She turned the loss of Cedric into her own problem and continued that little acto so as to get the sympathy of others, namely Harry. I honestly don't think that she ever really liked Harry, but just put on her little facade so as to gain closure herself, knowing that she was now 'with' the person who had seen Cedric last. And every time she was with Harry, all she wanted to talk about was Cedric. Honestly, she was just an over-sensitive little girl. As Niffler just said, she was incredibly shallow as well. All of her 'feelings' for Harry were purely for her own benefit. Ugh, she makes me want to punch people. :x

Grr...Will now go post something happier and less berating.
Blaise Zabini
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby HuffleDuck » Sunday 29 June 2003 5:01:35am

:-? Cho really had a suprising personality,, But she's way too emotional.. I can't believe Harry actually told her not to cry anymoe for he couldn't endure with her crying anymore :grin: I don't really her or like her.. Just a bit confuse about it :razz:
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby gecko » Sunday 29 June 2003 11:56:46am

I agree, but you have to admit that Harry never really talked to her about it. Maybe if he had talked about Cedric's dead the first time she asked, things would've turned out different, because after that conversation she would've been able to move on with her life. A bit hypothetical I admit : )
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Cho Chang » Monday 30 June 2003 2:33:17am

gecko wrote:I agree, but you have to admit that Harry never really talked to her about it. Maybe if he had talked about Cedric's dead the first time she asked, things would've turned out different, because after that conversation she would've been able to move on with her life.

i think so too. It would be totally different. Maybe they'll get along.

I didn't like harry very much in this book. I mean, you just don't go off to ppl and scream to them and asking them to not cry, that was mean.
Cho Chang
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby HuffleDuck » Monday 30 June 2003 4:47:56am

:???: Cho is like the only name that sounds like an Asian name rather than British. So probably there are many other races too... In the 1st movie, Lee is black... Hmmm maybe there are mixed people... that would be cool... :grin: :grin:

:-? Cho is not that bad, just too emotional... :eek:
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby choki » Monday 30 June 2003 7:44:39am

Cho Chang...Chang is a common chinese surname but Cho...it does not sound too chinese...my theory is that being a british-chinese, Cho's name is modified to suit english instead of the usual chinese sounding words
choki

Postby azn wizard » Friday 4 July 2003 5:39:38am

yea...i wuz thinking that too, but cho could be korean? but then, i still can't think of a word that is spelled cho for chinese mandarin or cantonese....

anywayz, my strange thoughts on cho wuz that she sought harry as a replacement for cedric....
azn wizard
Keeper Of The Moons

Postby June » Friday 4 July 2003 6:55:48am

choki wrote:Cho Chang...Chang is a common chinese surname but Cho...it does not sound too chinese...my theory is that being a british-chinese, Cho's name is modified to suit english instead of the usual chinese sounding words

Just to mention that in the Chinese version of the Harry Potter series, Cho Chang was known as "Zhang1 Qiu1", a very Chinese name... is there any dialect that can convert "Cho" to "Zhang"?
June
Lady in White

Postby choki » Friday 4 July 2003 7:35:42am

Cho Chang is written in a way that her 1st name (which is usually placed behind the surname in chinese way) is placed in front...
So Cho is her name and Chang, her surname/family name.
Qiu means autumn in chinese, meaning Cho = autumn in chinese...

Cho is just very confused over her feelings with both Harry n Cedric.
choki

Postby June » Friday 4 July 2003 7:40:19am

choki wrote:Cho Chang is written in a way that her 1st name (which is usually placed behind the surname in chinese way) is placed in front...
So Cho is her name and Chang, her surname/family name.

Oh... right... forgot about that part... that would make more sense then. ^_~
June
Lady in White

PreviousNext

Return to Characters