Which girl would you like to see Harry be with?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Who would you like to see Harry be with?

Hermione Granger, best friend
14%
Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister
44%
Cho Chang, his crush
9%
Luna Lovegood, an unusual Ravenclaw
14%
Parvati Patil, his date for the "Yule Ball"
2%
Someone Not Yet Introduced
12%
No One!
5%

Total votes : 207

Postby Violet » Thursday 26 June 2003 9:12:09pm

Well at one point i really disliked ginny, i felt she was a rather weak character, but since the last couple of books i think that she has really come into her own, and i think that her and harry would make a great couple!
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby Charis » Friday 27 June 2003 11:26:36pm

I voted for Ginny. since we're seeing her personality come out more, i'm liking her more. i just can definitely see them working. Ginny is alot like Fred and George, but i think she has a ore sensible head on her shoulders, and that combination could be very helpful to Harry.

but, after reading Lizzy's post, Luna seems to me more of a possibility. still, though, i think Harry might need someone more down to earth. despite Harry and Luna's shared experiences, i think Harry might get frustrated with someone like Luna who tends to stay in her own little world all the time, while Harry is very concerned with reality. but, im sure there's more to Luna's character than we saw in book 5, and im not going to rule her out.
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby werebane » Friday 27 June 2003 11:31:02pm

i voted for Cho. i dont know why, but i really liked that whole cho/ harry thing
werebane
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby choki » Saturday 28 June 2003 8:31:15am

Cho Cho Cho...(but it seems like a very very small chance she will get back together with Harry) :-?
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby werebane » Saturday 28 June 2003 1:45:58pm

yea, but it would be awsome
werebane
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Holly Golightly » Saturday 28 June 2003 4:41:04pm

Well, I voted no-one!!!

I think that Harry will be too involved with other stuff to have time to actually devote to a g/f... He's always busy with something or other, barely leaving im time to study, little lone date someone... notice, he only ever realyl though of Cho when he saw her, he just had too much other stuff on his mind, and I reckon that will only get worse!

Also, if he does date someone new, unless it's someone who is a part of their adventures, like Luna or Ginny, I can see them being very jealous of Hermoine lke Cho was, even though nothing is happening there (and I hope that it never does!!!)

Otherwise, possibly Luna, if she gets a little less strange, but I wrote about that somewhere else, so I wont go over it again!!! ;)
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby Charis » Saturday 28 June 2003 5:43:12pm

i think the reason, though, that Harry never thought of Cho when she wasn't with him was that Harry didn't really have romantic feelings for her once he got to know her a little more. if he found someone that could share in his experiences and that he really cared about, then maybe it would work out better. its true, though, that i'm sure harry's love life will not be a huge part of the books because he really does have a lot going on. :)
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby gecko » Saturday 28 June 2003 9:11:17pm

My choice would be Luna. In the end of the book, Harry seems to realise that he has feelings for her, in the sense that he sympathizes with her. With Cho, he fell for her looks, now, maybe he'll look for someone who has things in common with him, like Luna.
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby HuffleDuck » Saturday 28 June 2003 9:48:56pm

:???: :-? Ginny being one-sided? :-? She has a great personality in this book. She had matured so much for the last 4yrs. I love her, but I think Ginny will best be with some else. It'll be really weird for Ron to be harry's brother-in-law :???: But i think Luna is a good choice for harry. For some of you see her as an annoying person. :-? I don't see anything annoying about her. The only annoying person is Percy that stab in the back b*st*rd. Even though Umbridge is the most annoying person, but Percy :evil: D*mned him to eternal darkness :evil: HAHAHAHA.. J/k :grin:

Edited for language...just remember, there are young kids on this forum. :) Otherwise, great post!
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

totally Harry and Hermione

Postby Rizzoku » Sunday 29 June 2003 4:13:38am

For those who missed it, you could really tell that Luna had a little thing for Ron. Throughout the whole book she always wants to talk about him or mentions him. Hermione likes Harry but I don't think he knows yet or gets it.
Rizzoku
Muggle

Postby HuffleDuck » Sunday 29 June 2003 4:37:12am

:grin: Hehe sorry about the language, ALmost forgot that not everybody is a teenage :grin: Sorry again.. But yeah i agree that Luna do have things for Ron. I think she kinda have a little crush for Ron. Luna is kinda a mysterious person. Just b/c she's weird doesn't mean she's annoying :-?. I really doubt that Luna likes harry, unless in the future book she might. :???:

:razz: :lol: :razz: :lol:

ETA: Not a problem, 'friendsforever'...keep up the interesting posts! :)
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby Dog_Star » Sunday 29 June 2003 10:53:27pm

I voted for Hermione. I don't really have a reason, I just think that they'd be cute!
Dog_Star
Squib

Postby Blaise Zabini » Monday 30 June 2003 12:16:22am

About Luna and Ron, I definitely noticed that she appeared to like him, but he seemed really turned off by her presence. It would be cute, but I just didn't see any affection coming from him.

And I'm debating whether or not I'd change my vote to 'No One.' The more I think of it, the less and less I can see Harry being in a relationship. The kid has so much going on, that I'd imagine girls being the farthest thing from his mind. Yeah, yeah, he's a sixteen year old boy, but still, it just doesn't seem plausible.
Blaise Zabini
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby TDM » Tuesday 1 July 2003 7:51:24pm

i voted for no one. would Harry really want to put someone in a position that Voldemort could get to them? because dating someone is one of the best ways to do that. voldy could swipe them up to lure harry to him, and another battle ensues. i just think that romance will be left alone for harry until maybe book seven.
TDM
Owner of Salamence's Wand Shop and Ravenclaw Seeker

Postby Fafnul Black » Wednesday 2 July 2003 10:52:21am

Plus, with Voldie sharing Harry's feelings and dreams, that is not really the intimate footing you might want to start a relationship ... And Occlumancy did not seem a big help, on the contrary, how do you explain to your sweetheart that you have private meetings with that good old Snape to lessen recurring headaches ?
Fafnul Black
Fourth Year

PreviousNext

Return to The Books