Sixth and Seventh books?

Have you heard something on the grapevine about Harry and friends? Share it here...go on, let us know too!

Moderators: Q.Araignee, Broccoli, Tanuki

Postby Holly Golightly » Monday 23 June 2003 3:53:36pm

Is that a rumour or a theory Lunatech?

;)
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby Lunatech » Monday 23 June 2003 5:43:41pm

for the sake of not duplicating posts i wrote something in the neville longbottom section of this forum. hehe and everything i say is speculation.

actually i think its quite obvious jkr is going to release 2 or 3 more books after harry's comming of age. dedicated a whole chapter to say that harry's job heading towards the direction of an auror.

"..because Auror training takes a further three years, not to mention very high skills in practical defense." OotP(US) pg. 665

i'm guessing 10 is a nice round number...though actually she's more inclined to use 12...hm.....
Lunatech
Fourth Year

Postby Neo » Tuesday 24 June 2003 7:49:29am

Well, the three years for becoming an auror could make one book, and Minerva said she will do anything to make Harry an auror I would like to read that.
Neo
Gryffindor Chaser and The Chosen One

Postby Lizzy Bennet » Tuesday 24 June 2003 8:52:03pm

Paul wrote:Boo hoo - no-one looks at the front page of the site: http://broomsticksandowls.com :cry:

The names which have been trademarked for Books 6 and 7 are there, under the News section on the left hand side.

LOL! :lol: Ok, according to Paul's report :D on what's been stated as true, there are three titles that have been patented...two that will be used, and one that is a spare, for the last two books:

The three titles which have beentrademarked are Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Cell, Harry Potter and the Chariots of Light and Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat.

Note, not one of these titles is "Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch"...I'm inclined to believe Paul's information. :razz: Assuming that is indeed true, I wonder which two of those three titles will be used. I think that the Pyramids one will definitely be used...remember in book 3 (I think) when Harry got a letter from Ron telling him that his father won a contest, and the whole Weasley family went to Egypt? And then Hermione said how jealous she was of the Weasleys, as she would have loved to have learned more about magic whilst in Egypt? I've always wondered if there weren't a reason that we there something more--possibly foreshadowing--about that trip. Granted, in the picture that the Weasleys sent to Harry, Pettigrew, as Wormtail, was in the photo, but still, that Pyramids title just seems likely to me. J.K. Rowling seems to enjoy mentioning things seemingly casually only to make a bigger deal of them later. :grin:

As for the Alchemist's Cell or the Chariots of Light, I'm not sure which of those two she would use. The carriages that the kids go up to Hogwarts in wouldn't be considered 'chariots', would they? I was thinking of the threstals (I think I've misspelt that--sorry!) and how we'll be reading about them again. Wasn't someone in the Harry Potter series an alchemist? Was it someone Dumbledore knew? All these titles sound possible in their own ways! :eek: tee-hee-hee

Anyone have any idea when the 6th and 7th books will come out? I read somewhere that the 7th book is supposed to be out by 2007, which would mean that the 6th book might be out in 2005, but I don't remember how long ago that was written (and what it was based on or whether or not it was written with the 5th book's publication date in mind). Supposedly, and I read this somewhere on this forum, the 6th book isn't supposed to be as long as the 5th book and I think not as long as the 4th book, so maybe if the 5th book took three years, maybe the 6th book will be out in two. One can hope!

At least we have the third movie to look forward to next year, which should be much better than the first two, particularly since everyone seems to love the third book so much! :grin: Though, maybe it's me, I'm going to find (more so than the 4th book, as he's rarely mentioned, and definitely a lot more than the 1st two books where he isn't mentioned at all) it sad to read now knowing that Sirius dies in book 5. :cry: I totally agree with the poster that said they didn't really feel impacted by the death when he died (as so many close calls were happening--it would have been more shocking if it came out of nowhere), but that as you read on, it just started to sink in and be sad, and now having put down the book, you think about it even more. :-(
Lizzy Bennet
Angel of Music and Giver of Hugs

Postby Lunatech » Tuesday 24 June 2003 9:51:03pm

very interesting thanks for sharing.

this is all new to me :)
Lunatech
Fourth Year

Postby Lizzy Bennet » Tuesday 24 June 2003 10:13:02pm

Lunatech wrote:very interesting thanks for sharing.

this is all new to me :)

I'm glad that I, for a change, got to enlighten you, and I mean that sincerely. :D Usually I read your posts and get a better understanding on things or read about things I didn't know about, so I'm glad I could 'repay' the favor...what do you think about the future titles? Any thoughts on which may be used and why? :???:
Lizzy Bennet

Postby Person#11 » Wednesday 25 June 2003 2:42:31am

There will only be 7 books, and those titles were confirmed to all be false virtually the day after the Sun posted them.
Person#11
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Lizzy Bennet » Wednesday 25 June 2003 2:44:12am

Person#11 wrote:There will only be 7 books, and those titles were confirmed to all be false virtually the day after the Sun posted them.

Hmmmm, alright then. :) Do you know what titles might be used for the new books? If you do, please share. :)
Lizzy Bennet

Postby TDM » Wednesday 25 June 2003 3:16:19am

since you asked, Lizzy, Nicholas Flamel was the alchemist from the series. but he's dead, though.
TDM
Owner of Salamence's Wand Shop and Ravenclaw Seeker

Postby Person#11 » Wednesday 25 June 2003 4:08:40am

I have heard other stories, but those were from people who claimed to be children of publishers and such, and those don't even diserve rumour status [and thought Book 5 was coming out April 2002.]
Person#11
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Rory Pridinham » Sunday 29 June 2003 11:27:46pm

I've been nosing around and have come up with the following.....

The titles Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Cell, Harry Potter and the Chariots of Light and Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat were registered with the UK Patent Office's Trademark Database in April 2000.
But Rowling's representatives, Christopher Little literary agents, said that whatever the studio's reason for registering the titles there was no possibility of an eighth book.
Spokesman Neil Blair told BBC News Online: "There is absolutely no truth in the story that either there is going to be an eighth book in the series or that these titles are genuine title for the sixth and seventh books."
Rory Pridinham
Chief Falconer and Caretender of Magical Creatures

Postby Albus » Wednesday 9 July 2003 6:55:10pm

I heard from different sources that the title of the Sixth Book is "Harry Potter and the Green Torch"; they say that this green torch has something to do with understanding the difference between good and evil. Moreover, probably the colour of the torch - green - has something to do with Harry's (and Lily's, obviously) eyes...

A rumour fot the title of the seventh book is "Harry Potter and the Fortress of the Shadows" but about this I'm not sure.

Anyway, I heard something even about the Alchemist and the Chariot...

We'll see... (Hope soon !!!)
Albus
Admirer of Numbers and Watcher of the Stars

Postby Gwared » Wednesday 9 July 2003 9:45:48pm

I've heard a rumour about "Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch" too. Apparently the torch has the power to give or take life and Harry has the choice between Killing Voldermort or saving Hermione's life.

However this rumour gives away so much plot I'm dubious as to its accuracy.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Ju-DedoH » Wednesday 9 July 2003 9:51:04pm

Harry potter and the alchemist's cell would be another title for the first if you asked me ...
Ju-DedoH
Hufflepuff Prefect, Divination Teacher and Sgt. Pepper

Postby Meg Boyd » Tuesday 2 September 2003 12:25:49am

hmmm...alchemist's cell...well we know that Nicolas Flamel was an alchemist, and that he helped out Dumbledore, and that Dumbledore also defeated the dark lord Grindlewald. Perhaps this is all tied together to a future book...perhaps we will meet Nicolas (he MIGHT not be dead, yet...I mean he was said to have enough elxir of life to last him for awhile, and I assume that the moment he stopped drinking it he wouldn't exactly just drop dead) or see his study, where there will probably be loads of information on things, since alchemists were early chemists, searching for eternal life and gold from base metal.
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

PreviousNext

Return to Rumours