Next Year's Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Next Year's Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher

Postby APWBD » Monday 23 June 2003 5:50:10am

I didn't really know where else to put this thread... For book 6, I'm pretty curious who's going to be the next teacher. If it's a character we've already heard about, my money would go toward Kingsley Shacklebolt. Afterall, now that Sirius is dead, he won't have as much to do at the ministry. However, bc the DaDa teacher has never been a character previously known to us, it probably won't work out.

Has anyone wondered if Snape will ever get the job for DaDa? Could he still teach potions at the same time?
APWBD
Second Year

Postby June » Monday 23 June 2003 8:09:33am

I wonder if Dumbledore can see his way to get Lupin back at the DADA teacher again...? I don't like the way they're describing Lupin's circumstances (shabby clothes, aging beyond his time...) He needs a job to get him back on track...
June
Lady in White

Postby Holly Golightly » Monday 23 June 2003 4:06:03pm

well, since all the parents know that Lupin is a werewolf, I doubt that he will become DADA teacher again... also, Shackelbolt, cool idea, but he already has a JOb, he's an Aurour... I know that I woudln't excahnge being an Aurour for DADA teacher... and since Voldie is abck, they will need all the Aurours they can get I'd think!!!

It will prob be a new character again, since that's what's happened every other time! ;)
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby ElvenMist » Monday 23 June 2003 6:52:04pm

i'm guessing it'll be a new character, too. i was thinking it'd be great it Tonks was DADA teacher, but that's just a wish, since obviously she has a job and something like that wouldn't work out. so i doubt it'll be someone from the order or someone we've met very well...
ElvenMist
Hufflepuff Chaser

Postby Lunatech » Monday 23 June 2003 7:07:49pm

wouldn't it be cool if snape finally got it?

him and harry seem to be unwilling allies now.
Lunatech
Fourth Year

Postby chiapetdiz » Monday 23 June 2003 8:16:29pm

the problem i see with snape being the new dada prof. is that:

1. Dumbledore has never givin him the job before
2. he already is the potions teacher, then they might have the same problem hiring a new potions teacher. (have you noticed that none of the teachers teach more than one subject?)

or he might be a good dada teacher. he has experiance with the dark arts, so he could be the best for the job *shrugs*
chiapetdiz
Second Year

Postby Hermione » Monday 23 June 2003 8:37:17pm

I'd like Harry to get it, but I doubt Dumbledore will give it to him, especially since he didn't make Harry a prefect because he thought Harry already had a lot of responsibilities to deal with . . .
Hermione
Hogwarts Librarian and Resident Muse

Postby Lizzy Bennet » Tuesday 24 June 2003 12:22:56am

I've read rumours that it'll be Lupin's brother, Romulus (as in 'Remus' and 'Romulus', which comes from somewhere, I'm not sure where though...history? mythology?) who is book 6's DADA teacher. That could certainly be interesting! Lupin's brother is not necessarily a werewolf, so it's possible. :-)
Lizzy Bennet
Angel of Music and Giver of Hugs

Postby APWBD » Tuesday 24 June 2003 3:44:41am

I've heard that rumor too, but I'm not sure if its true or just speculation. The whole Remus/Rhomulus (spell check?) thing comes from Greek Mythology. The two boys were brothers who were adopted by a she-wolf and the name of Rome comes from their names. I don't think that JK Rowling will do the whole brother thing from mythology, but it'd be cool if she did.
APWBD
Second Year

Postby Neo » Tuesday 24 June 2003 8:52:40am

I also heard that rumour, and I would not like it to become true.
I guess it will be a new character, hopefully a cool one, but it seems we will face another bad, since there were two bad teachers first, then two cool ones, and now again two bad ones, well that my guess; and the final one being realy really cool (maybe DD)
Neo
Gryffindor Chaser and The Chosen One

Postby chiapetdiz » Tuesday 24 June 2003 6:25:19pm

i thought that lupin's bro was suppost to be the rumor for book 5? cuz i heard it a long time ago.
chiapetdiz
Second Year

7th Year or Beyond DADA Teacher

Postby highsorcerer » Wednesday 25 June 2003 3:28:36am

Does anybody else think that one of the careers best suited to Harry is that of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher? He's got the life experience and the high marks as qualifications.
highsorcerer
Department of Mysteries Unspeakable and Registered Animagus (Parrot)

Postby APWBD » Wednesday 25 June 2003 3:36:39am

Well, since he prolly got top grades on his O.W.Ls, I think he'd do a great job. I'm assuming that there isn't a very big list for qualifications to get the job. Look at all the other people who have gotten them! So, hopefully, Harry will be able to get a job as a DaDa teacher if the whole Auror thing doesn't work out. (and if he survives the attack by Voldie)
APWBD
Second Year

Postby Person#11 » Wednesday 25 June 2003 3:43:37am

I'm sure Snape will be DADA eventually that is unless Rowling decides to kill him off.
Person#11
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Fafnul Black » Wednesday 25 June 2003 9:44:10am

Well, Harry as DADA teacher, I dunno. Perhaps after 7 years in Hogwarts dealing with Dark Troubles, he might want, and indeed would deserve, a little rest from it all, no ? Instead of lecturing over and over on his experiences ...
Fafnul Black
Fourth Year

Next

Return to Theories