Snape related to Harry?

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Neo » Wednesday 21 May 2003 7:18:55pm

You can run Mint, but can't hide.
Neo
Gryffindor Chaser and The Chosen One

Postby Scellanis » Wednesday 21 May 2003 7:39:39pm

why would you wanna control jk's thinking...if you did that the final harry potter books wouldnt be the same as the others cos it wouldnt be her imagination....

anyways, back to topic please....
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby Broken Machine » Thursday 22 May 2003 1:05:28am

Okay, so back to the subject at hand. To me, logically, if Snape was related to Harry two things would definitly be relevant and focused on. Since Lilly only had one sister (that we know of), Petunia, then that crosses out the related to Harry on his families side by way of Snape being an uncle. If Snape and James has such a lousy relationship that would be okay for them if they were brothers because let's face it brothers can be thorns in each others side. However since James was murdered by Voldimort and Snape never took action other then becoming a spy, which is not much of an effect if someone killed your brother, then that rules out Snape coming in form that side of the family. Don't hold it to me because James' family is never really mentioned.Snape isn't married and J.K. says that we will know in book seven why no woman would fall for him so that rules out coming in by way of marriage. Plus Snape is so ugly compared to James, Lilly, and Harry. But I guess thats not saying much since Petunia is somewhat of an ugly stick victim herself. So how would harry be related to Harry. Any idea's. Remember to that James, Lilly, and Snape are all around the same age.
Broken Machine
Seventh Year

Postby Broken Machine » Thursday 22 May 2003 1:07:22am

Wow I killed that one with typo's. Just another thing though. Doesn't Harry see his entire family in the mirror of erised?
Broken Machine
Seventh Year

Postby Blaise Zabini » Thursday 22 May 2003 4:59:43am

Broken Machine wrote:Remember to that James, Lilly, and Snape are all around the same age.

Triplets! ;)
For real though, I find it highly unlikely that they're related for nothing other than the fact that Harry and Snape seem to be so diametrically opposed in everything that they do. I mean, sure Snape looks out for Harry on more occasion than one, but I think that if there was any relationship between the two, there would be a little more outward affection.
And, like Machine just said, Harry would have seen him in the Mirror of Erised.
Blaise Zabini
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Scellanis » Thursday 22 May 2003 9:19:48am

lol, and what would harry have done if hed seen snape in the mirror....jinkies...that could have been good, pity it didnt happen...specially as harry still thought snape were trying to kill him at that point....
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby Broken Machine » Thursday 22 May 2003 2:53:44pm

It might have altered him forever. Who knows, he could have ended up following Snape around just like Colin Creevy follows him around.
Broken Machine
Seventh Year

Postby Mistress Siana » Thursday 22 May 2003 9:40:34pm

@Mint: You're right about this topic being strange. Honestly, I never believed in it because I'm still convinced that Snape's in fact the son of Voldie and McGonagall!
(Just joking of course :razz: )

But about Snape being married, Broken Machine, I understood JK's statement about it in a different way. As far as I know, she said 'who would Snape want in love with him? You'll find out about that later...'
Something like that. So I wouldn't exclude this option that quickly
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Blaise Zabini » Friday 23 May 2003 3:31:27am

Voldie and McGonnagal? I was thinking more along the lines of Flitwick and the Giant Squid! ;)
Oh, and I also remember reading an interview where JK said we'd be learning whether or not any of the proffesors are'were married in OotP. 29 days...29 days...
Blaise Zabini
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Neo » Saturday 24 May 2003 4:50:13am

Yeah, I heard that too Blaise; someone in an interview asked about the marriages of the teachers and Jo said it was confidential information.
Maybe Snape was married to some relative of Harry? (most probable an aunt)
Neo
Gryffindor Chaser and The Chosen One

Postby Holly Golightly » Saturday 24 May 2003 1:24:52pm

Well, if it was an aunt of James' side,t hen her last name would be Potter, and Snape would know about it... and on Lily's side, there is only Petunia, and we know that it wasn't her... So who is left for Snape to be married to??? :-?
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby Blaise Zabini » Saturday 24 May 2003 8:49:30pm

Another sister that we don't know about? Perhaps one that's died already, giving reason for that fact that it's said Harry has no other relatives besides the Dursleys.
Or maybe it was on James' side and Snape loved her for whatever reason and decided that the whole Snape/James rivalry didn't matter as much as his love for her.
I still don't like the idea of Snape being related to Harry, but there are many possibilites.
Blaise Zabini
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Holly Golightly » Sunday 25 May 2003 8:16:23am

Well, if it was a sister of James, then her last name would ahvebene Potter, and Snape would know that he was kinda part of Harry's family... and I think that he woudl show at least a little compassion for the boy, but he doesnt'... he really hates Harry!

I dont' think that Snape is related, by blood or marriage!
Holly Golightly

Postby Mistress Siana » Sunday 25 May 2003 1:54:38pm

Don't think so either, and I really really hope so for I don't like the idea one bit, but I think he wouldn't necessarily show compassion for Harry...Petunia doesn't either, and that would also be the reason why Harry doesn't see Snape in the mirror of Erised: he only sees potentially friendly people (he would've see the Dursleys otherwise).
I actually like the idea of Snape, of all, beeing married, but please, please!!!, not to a relative of Harry.
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Holly Golightly » Sunday 25 May 2003 2:25:05pm

Well, about the Dursleys inthe Mirror... I'm still wondering if it only shows magical folk? Witches and wizards and the like??? So that's why the Dursleys weren't there...

Or maybe it was just because Harry's deepest desire was to be surrounded by a loving family, like you said Siana... ???
Holly Golightly

PreviousNext

Return to Theories