The "I Told You So" Topic

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Tuesday 31 July 2007 3:23:11pm

I told you Fred would die
I told you Malfoy was okay and that Harry would save him
I told you Crabbe or Goyle would die
I told you that the Dursley's were okay.
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby sorcerer83 » Wednesday 1 August 2007 11:39:34pm

i told u snape was good
i told u dd really died
i told u harry would live
i didnt say it but i figured that harry and ginny will have some time together before the horcruxes hunt begins; same goes for snape having a crush on lily

now for some u told me and laughed at yous:
u told me harry was a horcrux
u told me dd will still manage to arrange things for harry through his portrait
u told me r.a.b was regulus and the heavy locket was the horcrux

and one more thing - all these ppl who told us about draco being good of heart and that he will change sides in the end (and i admit i was too partly of that oppinion) - it didnt happen!! all we saw him do is fight harry, being saved by harry, begging to a deatheater that hes one of them and being saved by harry again... oh and then the train scene in which we understand he learnt nothing, didnt change his ways and still hates harry and everything harry stands for
sorcerer83
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Run Away!!! » Thursday 2 August 2007 6:37:57am

all these ppl who told us about draco being good of heart and that he will change sides in the end (and i admit i was too partly of that oppinion) - it didnt happen!! all we saw him do is fight harry, being saved by harry, begging to a deatheater that hes one of them and being saved by harry again... oh and then the train scene in which we understand he learnt nothing, didnt change his ways and still hates harry and everything harry stands for

I don't think thats entirely true.. at the train station Draco gave a little nod but didn't go over and talk or anything. I think this shows that he has respect for Harry but their overlying differences means that they will never be friends. But he does show Harry respect now, if he had learnt nothing he would have come over and said nasty things to Harry, stuff like 'my boys better than yours' sort of thing. His silence shows that he has learned.

I told you Draco wouldn't become pure evil!
Run Away!!!
Simple Girl with Simple Needs

Re: The "I Told You So" Topic

Postby Athena Appleton » Thursday 2 August 2007 8:32:23am

I told you Luna and Neville weren't a couple (and wouldn't be).

I told you Aberforth was the bartender at The Hog's Head

I told you one of the Weasleys would die (but I really really didn't think it would be Fred)

I told you Neville would take charge
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Athena Appleton » Thursday 2 August 2007 8:36:41am

Run Away!!! wrote:
all these ppl who told us about draco being good of heart and that he will change sides in the end (and i admit i was too partly of that oppinion) - it didnt happen!! all we saw him do is fight harry, being saved by harry, begging to a deatheater that hes one of them and being saved by harry again... oh and then the train scene in which we understand he learnt nothing, didnt change his ways and still hates harry and everything harry stands for

I don't think thats entirely true.. at the train station Draco gave a little nod but didn't go over and talk or anything. I think this shows that he has respect for Harry but their overlying differences means that they will never be friends. But he does show Harry respect now, if he had learnt nothing he would have come over and said nasty things to Harry, stuff like 'my boys better than yours' sort of thing. His silence shows that he has learned.

Totally with you. I knew Draco would find himself in the middle somewhere -- realizing what being a Death Easter really meant and being repulsed or frightened of it.

I also agree that the silent acknowledgement counts for something. They would never have been friendly, and that didn't change after Harry saves Draco's life, but that slight nod implies he does at least respect them. And Hermione's (or is it Ginny's?) telling Ron not to put the kids against each other before they even leave emphasizes that.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Thursday 2 August 2007 2:48:22pm

You told me Harry was a horcrux and I thought that it was all a joke.
GodrictheGriffon

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby selene » Friday 3 August 2007 3:48:57pm

i told you that harry was a horcrux
i told you that hary was gonna die (i just didn't expect him to come alive again)
i told you a weasly twin was gonna die (even tough i picked the wrong one)
i told you snape was good and that he was gonna die
i told you that there was a horcrux in hogwaerts (i just didn't know where exactly :grin: )

i love this topic, especially since my friends are still reading the book and i can't tell them 'i told you so' :)
selene
Collector of Books and Knowledge

Location: living in aunt maharet's library, watching the stack of books i want to read grow bigger and bigger

Postby GirlWhoLived » Thursday 9 August 2007 6:50:39am

I told you Harry was a Horcrux.
and someone would use dumbledores portrait to get info.
GirlWhoLived
Muggle

Postby sorcerer83 » Thursday 9 August 2007 5:25:11pm

Athena Appleton wrote:
Run Away!!! wrote:

Totally with you. I knew Draco would find himself in the middle somewhere -- realizing what being a Death Easter really meant and being repulsed or frightened of it.

I also agree that the silent acknowledgement counts for something. They would never have been friendly, and that didn't change after Harry saves Draco's life, but that slight nod implies he does at least respect them. And Hermione's (or is it Ginny's?) telling Ron not to put the kids against each other before they even leave emphasizes that.

i still disagree - i think he gave that nod cuz it would be suspicious if he didnt - everyone knows who his family is and what harry stands for - i dont think he would give that nod if they werent in a public place - the only thing he aknowledges is that harry is ten times the wizard he is, and that is also the reason why he doesnt go there and gloat. as for hermione telling ron about their kids - its just her charachter to hope (and justly so) that his kid wont be as bad as he is - just as draco isnt quite as bad as luscios. and also i think he was only frightened of what a de is - not really repulsed - that is the most important charachteristic of him i think - cowerdice
sorcerer83
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Thursday 9 August 2007 6:17:14pm

Athena Appleton wrote:
Run Away!!! wrote:

I'm pretty sure Hermione said, "RON!" and Ginny told him not to put the kids against each other before they get to Hogwarts.
Athena Appleton

Love this topic...

Postby carsten » Sunday 12 August 2007 5:10:07pm

I told you a war would come
I told you the elves would chose sides
I told you a children's book requires a happy ending

I was wrong about Harry and Luna (is she together with Neville? not sure...)
I was wrong about Wormtail being impotant for the outcome
carsten
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Sunday 12 August 2007 6:24:59pm

I told you that there was a Horcrux in Hogwarts. I just thought that it was going to bethe cup in the trophy room.
I told you they would go back to Hogwarts. I just didn't think that it would be like that. I thought that it would be through Dumbledore's Will telling them to.
I told you Albus Dumbledore had a Will
I was disappointed that there was no mention of the veil.
GodrictheGriffon

Re: Love this topic...

Postby Athena Appleton » Sunday 12 August 2007 10:13:17pm

carsten wrote:I was wrong about Harry and Luna (is she together with Neville? not sure...)

Neville, of course, becomes a Herbology professor at Hogwarts (heard of any married Hogwarts professors?)

According to a follow-up interview, Rowling said that Luna becomes a celebrated naturalist and eventually marries Newt Scamander's grandson.

Apparently, the character of Luna was supposed to be a very supportive friend, and nothing more.
Athena Appleton

Re: Love this topic...

Postby carsten » Monday 13 August 2007 7:46:16am

Athena Appleton wrote:
carsten wrote:I was wrong about Harry and Luna (is she together with Neville? not sure...)

Neville, of course, becomes a Herbology professor at Hogwarts (heard of any married Hogwarts professors?)

According to a follow-up interview, Rowling said that Luna becomes a celebrated naturalist and eventually marries Newt Scamander's grandson.

Apparently, the character of Luna was supposed to be a very supportive friend, and nothing more.

The un-married professors are one subject bothering me about the books.
:(
Luna and Neville did spend some time together: They entered the train together, they showed up for the Ministry adventure etc. I would have liked to seen them stick together.
:)
carsten
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby the_roof_is_leaking » Monday 13 August 2007 11:45:47am

Um, I don't think I have much to brag about *lol*

I told you Snape was good,
I told you he loved Lily,
I told you it was possible Harry was a Horcrux.
I told you Dumbledore was dead but would still help in some way.

I always thought Harry probably would live. I had no theory or anything, I just felt he probably wouldn't be killed. I was half right about that :)
the_roof_is_leaking
Sixth Year

Location: Never far behind Mad-eye Moody. (Or N.Ireland then)

PreviousNext

Return to The Books