Did Dumbledore really have a secret life?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Re: Had the ring of something awful

Postby the_roof_is_leaking » Monday 6 August 2007 6:34:19pm

DDforever wrote:Whatever the muggle kids did, it felt like she was getting at something really awful. Like she had really been violated, but I don't think she meant in the sexual sense, maybe a psychological one?

Well it certainly harmed her in some mental way anyway. I'm not sure what could've happened to her though.

What do you guys think Dumbledore really saw in the mirror of Erised?

I never thought Dumbledore was lying about seeing himself with socks but I never really thought much about it. Then I had a silly little thought -
Socks are usually/stereotypically a Christmas present and I just thought like, Dumbledore would love to get a Christmas present.
I don't really see McGonagall etc buying each other presents but maybe they do.
Maybe Dumbledore just would love the stereotypical present that others hate, from family - he'd love it because it's from family.

Does that make much sense? *lol* Not sure how well I explained it! :)
But it was just my thought anyway :)
the_roof_is_leaking
Sixth Year

Location: Never far behind Mad-eye Moody. (Or N.Ireland then)

Postby selene » Tuesday 7 August 2007 4:41:04pm

to me, it seemed normal that dd wasn't perfect (nobody is), i was happy that he learned from his mistakes, it makes him more realistic
the fact that he kept makijng mistakes (not telling harry about his past) shows that he's still human
i think when his sister died he realized he couldn't kill (himself, wich was why he was devistated)
and then voldie came along, doing al does things dd didn't want to do

as for what those mugggle chldren did to his sister, children can be very cruel, i agree with augusta on that part

he might have been lying bout the socks, but not about always geting books, i read alot so people usualy get me disountsor coupons for bookstores, it gets old after a while

about the ring, i think he just wanted to ask his sister to forgive him for not being able to protect her
selene
Collector of Books and Knowledge

Location: living in aunt maharet's library, watching the stack of books i want to read grow bigger and bigger

Previous

Return to The Books