a different idea about r.a.b

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Snow_Crystal » Tuesday 28 November 2006 10:53:45am

Phoenix in the Ashes wrote:In this instance, I think yes. The interesting thing won't be the name and the fact that it's Regulus; the interesting thing will be the story behind Regulus and his death.

And that won't be simple.

Simatra wrote:Still think it's Amilia Bones and money to you if it's not! (Not really, I'm broke!)

Doh! Simatra! If you keep that up you'll be so embarrassed when the book comes out. Keep an open mind. Go back to OOTP again and read about the locket they found in Grimmauld Place, it all points to Regulas and she's even told us in so many words.

I totally agree with Phoenix, it will be the story about how he came by the locket that will be of interest and also how it found it's way to Grimmauld Place and how he died etc. Personally I can't wait for Harry and the others to go back to Grimmauld Place, to see the tapestry and for the realisation to hit them - awesome.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Simatra » Tuesday 28 November 2006 9:03:54pm

I'm reading the books as you Snow. It just seems a little to clear for JKR to do something that simple. I have had serval lockets that I can't open...
Keep your mind open to new idea's.
Simatra
Gryffindor Prefect and Mistress of Magic, Order, and Books

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Wednesday 29 November 2006 5:09:49am

I think I read somewhere in an interview that she was suprised we had made the connection between the OOTP locket and the one mentioned in the note in HBP...and that we also made the Regulans (?) Black connection.
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 29 November 2006 11:29:07am

Yeah I think she underestimates us sometimes in terms of our analysis of her writing/of the books. When I read the bit about RAB I went back to all of the books and flipped through to see if I could see someone with the initials of RAB - Regulas was the one I came up with though it wasn't until I came on this forum that I made the connection about that locket.

I love BoA for that as on your own it's not as easy to theorise.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Simatra » Thursday 30 November 2006 3:50:55pm

At first when I heard it I believed it too. Then I heard about Amilia Bones that makes sense too. I'd be ready for either to be RAB, My guess is just Amilia.
Simatra
Gryffindor Prefect and Mistress of Magic, Order, and Books

Previous

Return to Theories