Book 7: Unfinished Business & Explanations You Would Want Revealed .. JKR Please take note

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby Person1 » Thursday 22 September 2005 7:47:48pm

Yeah, kinda wondered why Mr. Weasley is so interested in muggle things, considering so many wizards live muggle-like, like that lady with the cats...(from what i rememeber she was a wizard)
Person1
Creator of realities unknown

Postby Siruk » Thursday 22 September 2005 8:38:00pm

A squib actually, so she has to live like a muggle, and I guess he is interesed in muggle things because he is a pure blood, so has never experienced that in life, and there is only so much he can learn from books and in his job.
Siruk
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Tuesday 27 September 2005 10:39:23am

Does anyone know why DD didn't go to the World Cup? Am just reading GoF again at the moment and it struck me as odd that when the dark mark appeared he didn't go to investigate.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Person1 » Tuesday 27 September 2005 8:25:19pm

Well, DD has left on many "odd" trips before....but that is something interesting. Would JKR be plotting something thsi far ahead though? I'm gonna have to reread that book sometime....maybe you caught on to something Snow
Person1
Creator of realities unknown

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 28 September 2005 11:33:35am

You know I thought that but I've just read a bit of it where she actually introduces antidotes and Harry left out the bezoar in his potion. Well the bezoar was obviously in HBP. She must do a fair bit of forward planning but not necessarily include everything.

I also really want to know more about the Lestranges particularly Bella at the moment

Also what happened to the Marauder's Map at the end of GoF? Did Harry get this back in the end. I can't remember - I'm reading OOTP again at the moment and can't remember Harry actually getting it back after they quizzed Crouch Jnr with veritaserum - does anyone know?
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby crystallised_pineapple » Tuesday 4 October 2005 7:30:30pm

i think jkr mentioned it in an interview... she didn't actually put it in the book... i think

harry just slipped back to mad- eyes office and stole it back... he he go harry!!
crystallised_pineapple
Queen of The Pixies

Location: three broomsticks :D surrounded by empty butterbeer bottles...he he

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 5 October 2005 9:52:28am

Thanks CP! I just got to the part in OOTP where he just started using it again and it definitely wasn't mentioned how he got it back. Must have been something she missed if she had to mention it in an interview!

Also I would really like to know if Neville will ever find out how close he was to being chosen by LV. Does anyone else reckon he might find this out in the last film?

I also want to know more about the letters DD sent Petunia...
Snow_Crystal

Postby Mrs Sirius Black » Monday 14 November 2005 6:31:18pm

This might be wayyyy out there - but i just thought, WHAT IF Petunia is a witch?! It would explain a few things, and i know that there is not much to suggest this but we know that emotional upheaval etc can intefere with powers - maybe something happened and Petunia lost her powers and so bitterness made her hate magic, or something else? Hmm...this isn't very well thought through... I also really want to know about the depth of portraits - they have emotions and intellegence and friends (fat lady and vi, lol). Goddam i want to know everything!!!
Mrs Sirius Black
Muggle

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Tuesday 15 November 2005 8:23:46am

Yes well don't worry about the far-fetchedness it's a lot less wild than a lot of other ones. I suppose it's a definite possibility after the evidence that we've seen so far, but it could just as easily not happen, in fact, it would be easier for it to not happen.
Only problem I see is that how would it really advance the story. I think if it did happen it'd be interesting, but would really only shock us for maybe a few chapters.
I'd like a carefully thought out, shocking twist.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Snow_Crystal » Tuesday 4 July 2006 5:19:36pm

This is kind of unfinished business and there aren't many threads on Book 7 that are actually appropriate to this..

I'd like to know how she gets to the final word "Scar"...

Without getting into fan fiction in the wrong place, I think it will be something like "harry looked in the mirror and thought to himself that the last reminder of Voldemort he would ever have was his scar"

How do you think she'll write the last sentence?
Snow_Crystal

Postby Rory Pridinham » Tuesday 4 July 2006 9:13:29pm

" The only thing that allowed them to recognize the corpse was a lightning-bolt shaped scar"

Okay, Iknow. That's evil, killing poor potterpants. I like yours mucho better, Snow, and I probably think that the end of the series will end along those lines (hopefully).
Rory Pridinham
Chief Falconer and Caretender of Magical Creatures

Postby sorcerer83 » Wednesday 5 July 2006 1:03:04am

rory i really liked your one - well maybe not cuz i dont want harrys death as the last thing that happens but i think it will add alot to the message in the books if he dies and someone else finishes vold...

anyway i think quite like you snow, something along these lines - harry thinks to himself (probably really looking at the miror or feeling his scar) -
finally it is all finsihed and he is free to actually start his life - this part of his life is over - this terrible part that started with that scar

but how cool if its like this:
A few months (or years anyway you prefer it) have past since harry finished vold.
Harry is in his home with ginny he wakes up and:
"this time he was sure. he remembered the dream he had just before waking up, it was a nice dream, and he was sure it wasnt his leg, tummy, arm, or any other body part not even his forehead - it was surely and only his scar..."
hopefully this is not too much fanfiction...

[edited by Mint, as requested by the post's owner]
sorcerer83
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 5 July 2006 9:32:52am

[quote="Rory Pridinham"]" The only thing that allowed them to recognize the corpse was a lightning-bolt shaped scar"quote]

Wow - that's good! So dramatic. I was wondering why his scar would be interesting if he was dead, but yeah that's excellent!!!!
Snow_Crystal

Postby Mistress Siana » Wednesday 5 July 2006 11:55:08am

They spent their holidays in Madagascar. The End. :grin:

Hm, I remember JKR said the last chapter would be a kind of epilogue. The destiny of the scar in twenty years or something, lol. No, but it can't end with a battle scene, since scar is the last word of the epilogue.
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 5 July 2006 2:30:44pm

Hmm that would make sense actually as all the other books seem to have a conclusion type/summation like chapter at the end of them as well. That makes me even more convinced that he won't die then somehow.
Snow_Crystal

PreviousNext

Return to The Books