Book 7: Unfinished Business & Explanations You Would Want Revealed .. JKR Please take note

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby dibble2 » Sunday 31 July 2005 2:35:43am

Who took Voldemort's wand? JKR said someone else was at Godric's Hollow. Wormtail? Maybe. He couldn't have kept it on him, though, because he was a rat for over a decade. So either it wasn't him (which would be strange, because Voldemort had the wand in baby form and Wormtail was the only person around) or it was, and he stashed it somewhere. Either that or Voldemort had some enchantment on his wand to return it to him.
dibble2
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Lan-Lan » Sunday 31 July 2005 2:46:25am

I doubt that all of your questions will be answered....but JKR is making an encyclopedia/timeline after the release of book 7 :)
Lan-Lan
Squib

Postby Snow_Crystal » Monday 1 August 2005 5:37:34pm

dibble2 wrote:Who took Voldemort's wand? JKR said someone else was at Godric's Hollow. Wormtail? Maybe. He couldn't have kept it on him, though, because he was a rat for over a decade. So either it wasn't him (which would be strange, because Voldemort had the wand in baby form and Wormtail was the only person around) or it was, and he stashed it somewhere. Either that or Voldemort had some enchantment on his wand to return it to him.

I agree and think Wormtail was there and I think he hid it somewhere. We don't know where Wormtail used to live I wonder if that might provide further clues to the past. I can't believe Voldemort could put an enchantment on the wand, I know this is fiction, but to me I just don't think that's seems right.

By the way menotyou, I have just been checking out that photo you mentioned! I'm astounded that the GoF director has put this in. Surely that's wrong like you say!! I thought LV's father was Tom Riddle and that his mother's father was Marvolo which is why LV was given this as his middle name.

I am sure this gravestone is for LV's grandparents and his father only. I don't think LV's body is here because the dates are all wrong. It's very difficult to see the dates actually but I think they say 1943 as the year of death for the two Tom Riddles' on the gravestone. this also confuses me with other feed I've got going on the HP Timeline! Was LV still at school when he killed his father and grandparents?
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Tanuki » Monday 1 August 2005 10:04:58pm

Could be. He was an evil little turn in school as well

Oh yeas, and to all those people who thought Voldermort was bullied... Hah! He was the bully, not the other way around

Sorry, had to get that out of my system while I still remembered it
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby annachie » Tuesday 2 August 2005 1:11:19am

Snowy, I thought those graves said 1948. Have to checj back in GoZF for clues to what it should be I suppose
annachie

unanswered Qs

Postby Pygmy Puff » Thursday 4 August 2005 6:50:01am

MONEY: I think that it is possible that all that money in Gringotts was not made by the Potters- perhaps as in real life a collection was taken for Harry. I am sure that there would be many grateful wizards out there that would make large donations to Harry.
It was clearly stated in tOotP that both Lily and James were members of the order (they were standing in the very back of a picture that was shown to Harry- with Pettigrew). Perhaps that job is paid? Maybe the order made a large contribution as restitution for their deaths. Or else they could have had other jobs on the side and life insurance.

I really want to know more about Petunia- I think its possible that she was so jealous of Lily she took a secret liking to all stuff that is wizard but kept it from her hubby... she must have a secret pen pal at HW

what happened to mr. Olivander? I hate to think that DE took him- maybe the order put him in protective custody.

& more details about RAB and his death!

I believe that Nagani was Voldy's pet prior to his fall and was present at the Potters, saving Voldy's wand, and tracking his spirit down in the Jungles. In tCoS it is clearly stated that a Basilisk can live for centuries, just as SS's monster of the chamber survived for T.R. & Ginny to find it. Maybe Nagani hasn't yet reached the gigantic proportions of a Basilisk/killng upon seeing. Not too bad a pet for a dark wizard.
Pygmy Puff
Muggle

Postby annachie » Thursday 4 August 2005 10:46:58am

annachie wrote:Snowy, I thought those graves said 1948. Have to checj back in GoZF for clues to what it should be I suppose

The gardener who gets charged with the murders is said to have not been right since returning from the war and that he had a hard war, which implies post 1945, though it doesn't exclude a previous date.
annachie

Postby Snow_Crystal » Thursday 4 August 2005 12:54:15pm

It's so unclear isn't it what that date is! I don't think we'll find out about this timeline until JKR writes the timeline into her encyclopaedia - I hope she does that!

I hope there will be more flashbacks in the last book!
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Fantasy girl » Saturday 13 August 2005 7:46:01pm

i want toknow what in the world happens to grawp. will bill turn into a werewolf, and what happened to sirus motorbike?!?!?!?!?!?
Fantasy girl
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Saturday 13 August 2005 11:38:35pm

i want to know what happens with snape
Salazar Slytherin
Founder of Slytherin, Death Eater and Owner of Robert The Muggle Eating Dragon

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Tuesday 16 August 2005 1:09:50pm

weasley_gurl wrote:I also want to know..

Why DD didn't kill Voldemort at the Ministry at the end of OotP when he had the chance???

dd couldnt kill voldemort in department of mysteries the horcruxes were still out there, voldemort will remain invicible until they are all destroyed.
Salazar Slytherin
Founder of Slytherin, Death Eater and Owner of Robert The Muggle Eating Dragon

Postby Snow_Crystal » Tuesday 16 August 2005 1:51:27pm

Also I'm not sure DD knew (for definite) at that time that LV had used horcruxes but I think DD's decision not to make an attempt to kill him then was because he knew the full prophecy - either must die at the hand of the other - or something to that effect.
Snow_Crystal

Postby Person1 » Tuesday 16 August 2005 4:05:02pm

well, he knew LV waz using horcruxes, how else would one expect for th person to not die like that, and DD is older, weaker, and had to use the things around him to fight off Voldemort.
Person1
Creator of realities unknown

Postby Snow_Crystal » Tuesday 16 August 2005 4:25:13pm

I thought it said somewhere in HBP that DD had suspected he'd used horcruxes but had no proof. Besides I think it is more likely that he didn't touch him because of the prophecy.
Snow_Crystal

Postby Tanuki » Tuesday 16 August 2005 9:24:03pm

Plus, we can also assume that Dumbledore just can't bring himself to kill Tom
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

PreviousNext

Return to The Books