horcruxes

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby annachie » Wednesday 10 August 2005 10:29:39pm

Perhaps the diary was the horcrux intended for Hogwarts. I remember something along the lines of LV always intending to send it there.

DD says quite clearly in the Horcrux chapter (no page number sorry) that he believes there are 6 horcruxes and that the seventh part of LV's soul is in LV himself. Can't see him being too wrong on that point.
annachie
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Snow_Crystal » Thursday 11 August 2005 1:41:02pm

crystallised_pineapple wrote:hey snowy... i've been on holiday and just got back yesterday :(

i really think there has to be at least one horcrux at hogewarts, i mean LV is really attached to the place, maybe someone put it there after it became a horcrux (like snape if he is bad, or someone else.. i dunno) maybe theres something else of ravenclaws in hogwarts....

Cool - have you been somewhere nice? Hope so. By the way you really should sign up to Gryffindor if you haven't already!

I dunno about Hogwarts, we know he loved the place but wouldn't DD have done a thorough search of the place before going after more complicatedly hidden horcruxes? what you think? :???:
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby crystallised_pineapple » Friday 12 August 2005 11:32:20am

i went to turkey... it was soo hot lol...
i joined gryffindor just before i left and had no time to post before i left

Perhaps the diary was the horcrux intended for Hogwarts. I remember something along the lines of LV always intending to send it there. [/u]

oh yeah i just thought of that, there goes that idea...
crystallised_pineapple
Queen of The Pixies

Location: three broomsticks :D surrounded by empty butterbeer bottles...he he

Postby Tanuki » Friday 12 August 2005 2:35:21pm

It might have been intended for Hogwarts, but Lucious manipulated it tohis own ends to try and squash Aurthur Weasley's muggle protection act. If it hadn't been for Harry...
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Snow_Crystal » Friday 12 August 2005 2:44:29pm

I think Lucius was scared of it. He was supposed to ensure it got to Hogwarts a long time ago..
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Tanuki » Friday 12 August 2005 2:49:51pm

Oh, he probably was, but if you read the end of the second book, you understand what I'm talking about. Dumbledore points out that since it was Ginny Weasley that was in possesion of the book, the whole incident would have gotten blamed on her if Harry hadn't found the diary. Then, Mr. Weasley's muggle protection act would have been destroyed. Malfoy seemed a little too affected by this theory... and it would be somethign right up his alley
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Saturday 13 August 2005 9:42:26am

Oh I don't think Lucius did it solely for LV either. IF he believed if gone, which he did, he would of done it completely for himself, and in this case, to bring down Mr. Weasley and the protection act.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Fantasy girl » Saturday 13 August 2005 4:49:44pm

i agree it is stair up his alley
Fantasy girl
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Saturday 13 August 2005 11:44:07pm

i have heard alot of people thinking that harry himself is a horcrux what are your views on this. he was attacked in godrics hollow therefore his scar could be the horcrux from gryffindor house.
Salazar Slytherin
Founder of Slytherin, Death Eater and Owner of Robert The Muggle Eating Dragon

Postby Snow_Crystal » Monday 15 August 2005 11:53:06am

I'm still undecided on this. Been talked about a lot already in this thread. I think it would be rather tragic if he was.
Snow_Crystal

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Monday 15 August 2005 11:56:13am

yea but it seems likely, i mean what else of gryffindor could voldemort have got his hands on the sword is in the headmistresses office
Salazar Slytherin

Postby Snow_Crystal » Monday 15 August 2005 12:12:34pm

I think you've missed the fact that the attack took place in Godric's Hollow which, as we know from JKR's website, was a village. For all we know the village of Godric's Hollow is actually the birthplace/home of Godric Gryffindor. Also the house was completely destroyed - could it be they were staying at Gryff's house? Could it be that the house was the intended horcrux.

You have to kill to create a horcrux. LV wanted to use significant deaths for horcrux creation as we understand from HBP. We think that Harry was the intended victim of this horcrux creation attempt and he didn't die resulting in the failure to create a horcrux.

How could Harry be a final horcrux if LV wanted to use his death to create one?

(By the way - cool Avatar!)
Last edited by Snow_Crystal on Monday 15 August 2005 12:15:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snow_Crystal

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Monday 15 August 2005 12:14:29pm

im not totally agreeing with the theory its just that i have seen it all over and it is starting to work its way into a valid theory in my mind.
Salazar Slytherin

Postby Snow_Crystal » Monday 15 August 2005 12:18:10pm

Yeah no worries, I'm just really skeptical about this theory, I cannot believe JKR will leave evil in her heroin. She wants to prove that good outweighs evil like it did after WWII. She openly admits that she's taken the basis of HP from events that occurred during the war.

It's like saying that Hitler somehow put evil into Winston Churchill!
Snow_Crystal

Postby Mrs. Luca Black » Monday 15 August 2005 3:13:20pm

Snow_Patrol wrote:Yeah no worries, I'm just really skeptical about this theory, I cannot believe JKR will leave evil in her heroin.

Harry's a girl?!?! Wow, that's a theory I haven't heard before!
Mrs. Luca Black
Member of the Original Order of the Phoenix

Location: In the kitchen of 12 Grimmauld Place handing Kreacher a new, 100 pound, cast iron tea service.

PreviousNext

Return to The Books