Book 7: Unfinished Business & Explanations You Would Want Revealed .. JKR Please take note

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby thestral » Saturday 23 July 2005 3:07:06pm

i would imagine kingsley's to be ssmething really noble but fierce, like an eagle or a panther or something.

and lockhart, well something like a dodo. i suspect....
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Fweegal » Saturday 23 July 2005 3:15:49pm

A pygmy puff!
I think Kingley's would have to be something beyond cool. A panther was waht I was thinking too.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Saturday 23 July 2005 4:50:37pm

Granted he's black, but can we think of something cooler than a panther. I always thought Kingsley was sort of laid back in many ways. I'd give him something with style, like a big dog... or a shark. I'm waiting for the shark patronus
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Fweegal » Saturday 23 July 2005 5:37:18pm

http://www.broomsticksandowls.com/forum ... php?t=4337

there's a Kingsley story in the works.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Anna Black » Sunday 24 July 2005 2:07:33am

I imagine that Snape's boggart may well be James Potter...what with all the torment and bitterness...James Potter back from the dead...that would sure give Snape a scare...especially with what we've all learned about Snape...he told LV about the prophecy...he's so mean to Harry, etc. Seeing James Potter again, Snape might wet his pants

I've always wondered where Harry's money comes from. What did his parents do? There seems to be a never ending supply of it. And, I need to know the distinctions btwn what pictures can do and what they can't. It would be too easy if Harry could go to DD's picture and just ask him how to destroy horcruxes.
Anna Black
Fourth Year

Re: Book 7: Unfinished Business.. JKR Please, please take no

Postby Mr3d » Monday 25 July 2005 12:10:17am

Snowy wrote:2) Mr and Mrs Evans - Harry's grandparents on Lily's side but then also Harry's grandparents on James's side - Mr and Mrs Potter. They were pure-bloods were they not? Did James have any brothers and sisters? Did Mr and Mrs Potter have any brothers and sisters? Does harry have any surviving wizard/witch relatives as a result?

jkr wrote:MA: What about Harry's family — his grandparents — were they killed?

JKR: No. This takes us into more mundane territory. As a writer, it was more interesting, plot-wise, if Harry was completely alone. So I rather ruthlessly disposed of his entire family apart from Aunt Petunia. I mean, James and Lily are massively important to the plot, of course, but the grandparents? No. And, because I do like my backstory: Petunia and Lily's parents, normal Muggle death. James's parents were elderly, were getting on a little when he was born, which explains the only child, very pampered, had-him-late-in-life-so-he's-an-extra-treasure, as often happens, I think. They were old in wizarding terms, and they died. They succumbed to a wizarding illness. That's as far as it goes. There's nothing serious or sinister about those deaths. I just needed them out of the way so I killed them.

I recommend you read the whole interview as it is very interesting.
Link->The Leaky Cauldron
Mr3d
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby annachie » Tuesday 26 July 2005 8:37:51am

Stumpy wrote:I wanna know bout the level of depth of a person is captured in a picture! the ones Harry has of his family that Hagrid gave him only move, but the old headmasters offer comments to DD in previous books?

iirc, Harry only has a photo or 3 of his parents. I suspect there are several degree's of difference between photo's and paintings, and given the speed at which DD's painting appears on the wall in the headmasters office, there may be a degree of difference between them and normal paintings too.
annachie
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby annachie » Tuesday 26 July 2005 9:50:33am

Snowy wrote:Will the Order of the Phoenix have to disband because there's no phoenix now?

Why would it? Ok, DD was the focal point but surely there was a contingency plan in case DD bought it. In fact since I feel that DD must have known he was to die and roughly when (Probably having his own seperate prophesy imo) he must have planned for it.

The question is will Harry now lead it, or more properly will it now follow where Harry leads.
annachie

Postby annachie » Tuesday 26 July 2005 10:09:56am

Snowy wrote:Personally I don't think ginny will have a part in the final showdown as Harry wanted to protect her and that's why he broke up with her. She will be in the next book of course so don't get me wrong on that it's just I think that the best climax would be if all the Order, DE's (plus those currently in Azkaban), werewolves, dementors, Ron, Hermione will play as witnesses to the final confrontation.

Personally, I'd like someone, probably Bill and Phlem, to sit Harry and ginny down and just tell them to enjoy each other while they can. yes there's big things to be done, but look Phlem nearly lost Bill and just imagine if she had and they hadn't gotten involved. Stuff like that

Ginny's going to be a target no matter what anyway for two reasons at least, and quite frankly one of the main plot contrivances used in any form of story telling is to force the Hero to come to a place of the villians choosing by kidnapping someone he loves or guff like that.

After waiting since about book 2, maybe even bok 1, for the two of them to get involved, I'd actually like it to be done properly :)

diehard romantic that's me
annachie

Postby thestral » Tuesday 26 July 2005 10:52:21am

i hear ya annachie i'm a sentimental fool too :grin:. and i will be disappointed if their relationship isn't done properly.
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby cokeboy99 » Wednesday 27 July 2005 2:24:16am

annachie wrote:
Stumpy wrote:I wanna know bout the level of depth of a person is captured in a picture! the ones Harry has of his family that Hagrid gave him only move, but the old headmasters offer comments to DD in previous books?

iirc, Harry only has a photo or 3 of his parents. I suspect there are several degree's of difference between photo's and paintings, and given the speed at which DD's painting appears on the wall in the headmasters office, there may be a degree of difference between them and normal paintings too.

Didn't Harry receive a whole album of pics at the end of the first or 2nd book from Hagrid? I think it was at the end of the first one, Hagrid said he had sent owls to all of Harry's parents' friends to get pics for him. I don't think that changes the fact that pictures can't do much but wave....
cokeboy99
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 27 July 2005 4:46:23pm

Hi cokeboy99

Stumpy and I have been trying to work out the difference between portraits and photos.

We know portraits talk but photo's don't seem to - why is the question?

I have a new unfinished business question at the moment - Does anyone know what happened to DD's wand? I was just reading some interesting stuff on the http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com website - it's worth a look. This has got to be a question answered in the last book.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Froggs » Wednesday 27 July 2005 5:13:13pm

Snowy wrote:Hi cokeboy99

Stumpy and I have been trying to work out the difference between portraits and photos.

We know portraits talk but photo's don't seem to - why is the question?

I have a new unfinished business question at the moment - Does anyone know what happened to DD's wand? I was just reading some interesting stuff on the http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com website - it's worth a look. This has got to be a question answered in the last book.

Yes, I forgot about the wand, it is not mentioned once it flies off the tower, is it? I think that warrents speculation!

I always figured that the wizard photos catch moments and emotions in the time the picture was taken. The pictures move about, but they are less the essence of the person and more the mood of the moment. Paitings capture more of what a wizard/witch was during their lifetime. We don't know for a fact that the subjects of the paintings are dead, but it would make sense if they were.
Froggs
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Wednesday 27 July 2005 7:30:16pm

We don't know for a fact that the subjects of the paintings are dead, but it would make sense if they were.

well, some of the paintings we know for sure they are dead. All those hanging in the Black home -- those ppl are dead. We are also led to believe that the former headmasters are "former" because they are deceased.

But I see what you're saying...some in the HW castle I wouldn't even begin to speculate if those ppl are dead or not. I assume they are though. Just my opinion :-?
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby Shaark » Thursday 28 July 2005 5:42:54pm

the worst thing that could possibly happen is either:

None of these things get explained.

or

JK Rowling dies (knock wood)
Shaark
Muggle

PreviousNext

Return to The Books