What MUST Happen in Book 7?

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Monday 25 July 2005 7:36:28pm

The interviews were qiute informative in a short answered way...like your sitting reading then like thestral said "oh my god thats what happened!!" or "oh is that why it happened...." :grin:
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Re: What MUST Happen in Book 7?

Postby crsmith1 » Tuesday 26 July 2005 2:11:48am

gadfly22 wrote:I'm trying to work backwards here to some reasonable theories about Book 7. What absolutely MUST happen? That means we have to whittle any assumptions down to virtually nothing. So, what must happen?

1. Voldemort must be utterly and completely destroyed. The only assumption here is that JKR will opt NOT to write the darkest, most pessimistic book for primarily young readers ever.

2. For Voldy to be vanquished, the remaining horcruxes must be found and destroyed -- and there are (presumably) 4 of them stowed in safe places.

3. Because of the multiple horcruxes stored in multiple locations, Book 7 will need to range over a wider geography than any previous book and be much less tied to Hogwarts.

4. The identity of "R.A.B" will be revealed, and that person will be someone known to Voldy (because you don't write a gloat note to someone and sign it only with initials if the target of the note won't know who those initials belong to).

5. Pettigrew will have a role in Voldy's downfall (per the clear portent in GoF), on the theory that intentionally loose ends must be tied up somehow (the "Loose Ends Theory").

6. Info being withheld by the Dursleys will be revealed (also by the Loose Ends Theory).

Where does all this lead? I dunno. But there must be more of these items and more inferences that can be drawn from them.

I think RAB stands for Sirus's Brother. This is what he done before meeting an early death.
crsmith1
Muggle

Postby child of darkness » Tuesday 26 July 2005 7:34:30pm

yes so do many others in a big thread about it, i personally dont think so but i really dont have any reasons, just instinct
child of darkness
Seventh Year

Postby Amythest » Thursday 11 August 2005 7:30:32am

Persoanl theory on the gleam...Vold no longer holds Harry as a threat. Whatever respect he had for what will surely become his worse enemy is now gone. and there for Harry may commence the cerimonial dancing on voldermorts grave.
Amythest
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Location: Testing out the rollerblades through the hallways of hagwarts

Previous

Return to Theories