Olivander and Wands

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Olivander and Wands

Postby Dacre » Thursday 21 July 2005 5:23:57pm

Is anyone else deeply suspicious about the sneakily hidden small comment about Olivander disappearing?
He did make the wands for Harry and LV from Fawkes' tail. I wouldn't be surprised if LV is after him to try and stop what happened last time when his and Harrys wands meshed streams.
I fel this might be quite important....
Dacre
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Running away from violent women in the Griffindor common room

Postby Froggs » Thursday 21 July 2005 5:28:37pm

You're right, I had forgotten about him after DD's shocking death. I think he will play a part in the next book. I have the "movie" character in my mind, I thought that actor would have made a good DD, especially after Harris died.
Froggs
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Lelie » Thursday 21 July 2005 5:32:11pm

i had the same feeling about that when it was mentioned, especially since no one was sure whether or not he was kidnapped or left on his own. scary thought...
florean fortescue's depature was interesting too... although i can't imagine what they would want him for. maybe LV has a taste for rocky road after a tough day of killing?? who knows?
Lelie
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Friday 22 July 2005 9:33:59am

Yeah I agree. When I read that about Olivander, I must admit it was an instant thought that something big involving him was going to happen.

Not sure yet what this will be but it does need to be resolved..
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Tanuki » Friday 22 July 2005 1:46:02pm

Maybe he went into hiding to make Harry a new wand. something even more special than the one he has. I personally would like to see something forged in a dragon's flame with all 3 types of wand core in it. Imagine the power you can get out of that one
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby thestral » Friday 22 July 2005 9:32:01pm

maybe a kill-bill-esque scene, ollivander, make me one last wand with which to defeat the wand that you created....
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Fweegal » Saturday 23 July 2005 11:02:24am

:D :D :D
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby dibble2 » Sunday 24 July 2005 4:22:18am

The wand chooses the wizard, though...maybe it doesn't apply if a wand is custom made for a wizard.
dibble2
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Libby Lovegood » Sunday 24 July 2005 3:10:32pm

I was kinda scared of Olivander when we met him and he did say LV was an amazing wizard so .... u never know!
Libby Lovegood
Squib

Postby b.scheller » Sunday 24 July 2005 7:20:35pm

Many of you have pointed out, that in the first book. Olivender seems to be of quite a dark nature. He seems to be an ominous character, not evil but mysterious and dark, who perhaps may be a death eater, but who can really say?
b.scheller
Seventh Year

Postby choki » Monday 25 July 2005 4:43:53pm

Voldemort probably want to know from Olivander the way to destroy Harry's wand. Their spells will be linked up like in Book 4 and Voldemort wouldn't want that to happen again.
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Violet » Tuesday 26 July 2005 12:22:25pm

i remember discovering ages ago that if you re-arrange the letters in ollivander's name you get An Evil Lord, dont know if thats JK trying to throw us off, but it does suggest that he might have gone over to Voldemort by choice?
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby Libby Lovegood » Tuesday 26 July 2005 7:02:13pm

i remember discovering ages ago that if you re-arrange the letters in ollivander's name you get An Evil Lord

Wow!!! I never noticed that - i really do think he might be a bit evil - but u never know with JK!
Libby Lovegood
Squib

Postby Bextra » Wednesday 27 July 2005 10:21:13am

he would be a powerful person to have on the dark side. but in the 1st book didnt it say voldy did great things, terrible but great. and maybe he escaped to somewhere more safe, i mean he could have done anything to get away, he mightve been able to do more things with a wand than dumbledore could. i think that he thought that he was no longer safe in diagon ally coz voldy would be looking for him.
Bextra
Flame Retardent Girl, With Attitude

Location: Sitting on the roof of the owlery playing the harmonica.

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Wednesday 27 July 2005 7:48:02pm

Voldemort could have taken him because most of his death eaters might've had there wands snapped and he wanted Ollivander to make them all new ones, he could be put under the imperius curse or something... :grin:
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Next

Return to Characters